Bittersweet.....

Feel sorry to the guy that yelled “F then all” to the fans that support the program?

Pass.

How da heck do you feel sorry for him?
It's a job, he didn't get it done...so sad, too bad....NEXT coach up.

I knew Butch’s days were numbered when he put himself on the back of the Jumbotron. Places like that should be reserved for TN legends, which he is not. That was just an arrogant move on his part.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He's leaving here with plenty of $$$$$$$$ to make himself feel better. I do appreciate his effort but no way I feel sorry for him.

It's different for me this time around.

Kiffin was a jackass and I disliked him from the presser to his last day.

Dooley was lazy and a joke.

I liked Butch and I think he worked hard. Stubborn as the day is long, but he wasn't just here for a paycheck.

Reactions: 1 person
It's different for me this time around.

Kiffin was a jackass and I disliked him from the presser to his last day.

Dooley was lazy and a joke.

I liked Butch and I think he worked hard. Stubborn as the day is long, but he wasn't just here for a paycheck.

I’m angrier now than I was when Dooley had to go.
Dooley was obviously a “transition” hire who wouldn’t last.
Butch was just the wrong choice altogether. He worked hard; I’ll give him that. But, I’ve had to completely tune him out for the past five years just to tolerate him.

We have been hearing Butch has been gone how many times? Until its official, its all just speculation. I fully expect Butch to be on the sidelines until Vandy spanks us again.

While he sucked, it does seem that he put his heart and soul into making TN an elite program. He just didn't have the tools to do that.

I agree. I think he made some strides in making the alumni and former players more involved. He created some buzz, but in the end he was just over his head and incompetent to perform at this level. Good man? Maybe. Idk the man. But good coach? Not at this level.

It had to happen and looks like, according to other reports, his termination is imminent. But have to feel sorry for Coach Jones, who from what people around him say is a fine and decent man, unlike his two predecessors. Sure he will get a handsome buyout, but I'm sure he would have rather won an SEC championship. Best of luck to him in the future.

He's gonna bank around 30 million to be awful at his job. Screw his feelings and screw him.

I’m angrier now than I was when Dooley had to go.
Dooley was obviously a “transition” hire who wouldn’t last.
Butch was just the wrong choice altogether. He worked hard; I’ll give him that. But, I’ve had to completely tune him out for the past five years just to tolerate him.

I totally agree about him being the wrong choice and was labeled a nega when I questioned it.

I just think he carried himself a lot better than Lane and worked a lot harder than Dooley.

Dooley was a little odd and a few said he wasn't very likeable... but why does that mean he wasn't a "fine and decent" man. One of the biggest failures of the guy was that he nor his staff worked as hard as they had to in recruiting. It was publicly said during his time that he wanted limits on how much time his staff spent on the road to accommodate their family commitments.

Kiffin certainly had some questionable morals and ethics... but I'm not sure Jones is vastly superior in that regard to Dooley. In fact, we know that Jones has told lies to the media to cover internal problems. You may think that's justified... but lying is still immoral/unethical.

Because Dooley brought in Sunseri. That is why he can't be on the fine and decent list. And failing due to laziness especially on the recruiting trail is a waste of our time.

Lies to the media? Screw the media. Some of them make crap up. If they are asking stuff that is none of their business, send em on a wild goose chase. I want to see a coach beat the Hell out of some of the media dimwits. I would pay hard earned money to see it. Some stuff related to the program, including but not limited to personal information about players, is none of everyone and their brothers business. Screw your "morality and ethics"

VN Store

Back