Billy Clyde in trouble again-- no surprise

lol. How did I not hear about that at Kentucky? Amazing. I had no idea he was that flipped out. And it's not like his methods of coaching really proved anything. He was an average at best X's and O's guy and his childish, Hitler ways make him a sucky coach because nobody wants to play for the guy. Oh well. I hope he's done but something tells me someone is dumb enough to hire this guy again.

lol. How did I not hear about that at Kentucky? Amazing. I had no idea he was that flipped out. And it's not like his methods of coaching really proved anything. He was an average at best X's and O's guy and his childish, Hitler ways make him a sucky coach because nobody wants to play for the guy. Oh well. I hope he's done but something tells me someone is dumb enough to hire this guy again.

It's next level crazy, he slept with Alex Legion's girlfriend, made Derrick Jasper practice with a broken leg and when MB tried to fire him he turned off his phone and drive around Fayette county so they couldnt find him. He is a case study in crazy.

It's next level crazy, he slept with Alex Legion's girlfriend, made Derrick Jasper practice with a broken leg and when MB tried to fire him he turned off his phone and drive around Fayette county so they couldnt find him. He is a case study in crazy.

Crazy stuff. Yesterday's KSR podcast had some great Billy Clyde stories on it. Even Tom Leach was telling crazy BCG stories.

Texas Tech Red Raiders' Billy Gillispie no longer making decisions for team, will focus on health - ESPN

LUBBOCK, Texas -- The Texas Tech athletic director says coach Billy Gillispie is no longer making day-to-day decisions for the basketball program so he can focus on his health.

Kirby Hocutt said Tuesday that he told Gillispie late last week that he was not "to engage" in the program in "any way" until the two talk face to face about allegations of player mistreatment.

He's finished. And LOL @ the AD for trying to act like a nice guy because he got out of the hospital. You pretty much already fired him without actually doing it. Just do it already :thumbsup:

Last edited:

lol. sort of like...

"Gillispie called 911 and was taken to the hospital Aug. 31, the same day he was supposed to meet with Hocutt about the allegations."

lol i normally wouldn't laugh and feel sorry for someone but this guy has had it coming to get laughed at. I seriously hope he isn't given another chance.

They canned Mike Leach for supposedly locking a spoiled brat in a closet and the spoiled brats daddy, who worked at ESPN, caused a hell storm to be unleashed upon Leach. If this is proven true, how can he stick around?

fyp

Reactions: 2 people
And now current and former players (Deron Williams specifically) defending him pretty steadfastly.

I know he's a slimeball and all, but you can't fake hospital situations like that without it getting out somewhere.

The article I read on him a few minutes ago, about taking care of his mom who had cancer for two years before she died, and his nephew drowning in july, paint a very different picture. Crazy what journalism with a specific angle can do

And now current and former players (Deron Williams specifically) defending him pretty steadfastly.

I know he's a slimeball and all, but you can't fake hospital situations like that without it getting out somewhere.

The article I read on him a few minutes ago, about taking care of his mom who had cancer for two years before she died, and his nephew drowning in july, paint a very different picture. Crazy what journalism with a specific angle can do

I agree. But I don't see how any journalist can write an article talking about his personal issues somehow justifying his dumb behavior. Everyone has things they go through and if they effect him that bad than it's probably the best he takes a break.

So he gets a gold star for loving his mother? I understand he was a human and subject to all the stuff that entails (good and bad) but when you systemically abuse players (and others connected to the program) we are allowed to chuckle when you act a fool and get fired.

He about ruined Darious Miller

Was there any clue of this when he was at A&M?

Not that I'm aware of. Billy just drank a bit more than what would be considered normal. I saw him out often but he never sounded or acted unstable. Tipsy drunk, but not mentally unstable. The players may have seen something but those that I know that played for him just loved the guy.

But back then, hell, we all loved Billy. He was a lot of fun.

VN Store

Back