Bill Self's Twitter

Selby said he hasn't made his decision yet.

Yes, he has. He just hasn't made it public yet.

Do you really think he is going to find a quite little space to think about his decision tonight in the middle of Times Square while hangout with his Jordan Brand teammates???

He made his decision early this week and his mother is in agreement.

It's a done deal. UT coaches know it. KU coaches know it.

Just us fans refuse to believe until he kills us by putting on the KU hat Saturday night.

What headaches? Please tell me how he is going to be a headache. I'll take a headache if he leads us to a Final Four.
There was no guarantee he was going to lead us to the Final Four. It helped our chances, but just assuming he'd get us there was asking a lot. There is a whole lot a Final Four run depends on even if he chose to came here.

There was no guarantee he was going to lead us to the Final Four. It helped our chances, but just assuming he'd get us there was asking a lot. There is a whole lot a Final Four run depends on even if he chose to came here.

I know that. I'm not saying that was the case. But right now, without Selby, this team is not anywhere near a Final Four contender. Selby makes us a Top-10 team and Final Four contender. Guess what we needed against MSU? A playmaker. He gives us that.

I know that. I'm not saying that was the case. But right now, without Selby, this team is not anywhere near a Final Four contender. Selby makes us a Top-10 team and Final Four contender. Guess what we needed against MSU? A playmaker. He gives us that.

In my opinion our team this past year was not a final 4 contender and we almost did it.. Bruce has a way with the kids he has.

Yeah, I mean who cares that the player than can make us a Final Four contender isn't coming here.

Don't be silly...there is no one single player who makes a team a Final Four lock or contender. Kentucky had a handful of these players and look at what happened. It is March Madness for a reason.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't be silly...there is no one single player who makes a team a Final Four lock or contender. Kentucky had a handful of these players and look at what happened. It is March Madness for a reason.

nothing wrong with bettering the odds brother

In my opinion our team this past year was not a final 4 contender and we almost did it.. Bruce has a way with the kids he has.

This. No player makes a team a lock but a coach sure can make all the difference in the world. All it takes is solid coaching and a TEAM gelling at the right time to make that final four run.

Honestly, I look at this differently. I think Self is taking a page out of the Lane Kiffin manual and using this to get it out there to Selby that he wants him badly, thus meaning that he feels he doesn't have as great a shot as us fans tend to think he does.

Honestly, I look at this differently. I think Self is taking a page out of the Lane Kiffin manual and using this to get it out there to Selby that he wants him badly, thus meaning that he feels he doesn't have as great a shot as us fans tend to think he does.

That is a very optimitic approach to viewing it. I for one would be ecstatic if you turned out to be right. I just think things are stacked WAY against us on this one though...

Lock? Hell no, Selby doesn't make us that. Contender? Hell yes.

That is a very optimitic approach to viewing it. I for one would be ecstatic if you turned out to be right. I just think things are stacked WAY against us on this one though...

Yeah, I agree with you in the fact that it feels like we are behind the 8-ball on this...but if he wanted to go to Kansas so bad he has had all the time in the world to commit to them. I always thought that the longer this went on, the better our chance would be.

I just really don't see Self tweeting and whatnot about a kid he already knew was coming, he would just not say anything and know that he is coming.

I really feel this is a good sign to us.

I hope Selby comes here as much as anyone. He would be the answer to what I think will be our weakest link next year; PG. He probably knows where he's going, and it looks much better for Kansas than us. However, he loves being in the spotlight. The longer he waits, and annoucing on prime time TV, the longer he's extended the drama. Plus, he's gotten a lot of press out of this for quite some time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes too high.

Jay Williams is now predicting Kansas. This is from his Twitter.

Just heard from a little bird that chances are really good for Showtime Josh Selby to be in Lawrence, Kansas next year.

VN Store

Back