Bill Belichick and New England parting ways

Carroll, Saban and Belichick all stepping down within 16 hours of each other is crazy

This is going to be an interesting hiring season. Pretty crazy that all three of these guys step down/get fired at the same time.

Not the best way to run an organization!

Glad for Mayo and maybe it will work, but yeah, hard to pass on Vrabel. Can't believe the Titans let him walk and now New England is passing on him, too? Good year to be hiring. Falcons need to open up the checkbook and secure Vrabel.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Glad for Mayo and maybe it will work, but yeah, hard to pass on Vrabel. Can't believe the Titans let him walk and now New England is passing on him, too? Good year to be hiring. Falcons need to open up the checkbook and secure Vrabel.

As a long time Falcons fan, I would love to see Blank and McKay hire Vrabel.

Vrabel is a “vibes” type of coach. Players love him and play hard for him, but the X’s and O’s are not his strong suit. He needs good coordinators to be successful. Titans let him go because he wanted total control of the team, and I don’t blame the ownership for refusing, he simply hadn’t earned that level of power.

Personally, I think the Chargers are the best fit for him. He and Justin Herbert could be a match made in heaven. Not sure about the Falcons. I see many of the same problems there he had in TN.

Vrabel is a “vibes” type of coach. Players love him and play hard for him, but the X’s and O’s are not his strong suit. He needs good coordinators to be successful. Titans let him go because he wanted total control of the team, and I don’t blame the ownership for refusing, he simply hadn’t earned that level of power.

Personally, I think the Chargers are the best fit for him. He and Justin Herbert could be a match made in heaven. Not sure about the Falcons. I see many of the same problems there he had in TN.

Ultimately, his problem in Tennessee was the players aren't that good, IMO. I don't think anybody was looking at any of his teams like they were supposed to make a deep run. He won 6 out of every 11 games with Tanneyhill, Mariota, and even worse QB's than that.

He definitely needs to hire good coordinators, but every coach has some kind of weakness to overcome. If you have great players + Vrabel, it's gonna be a good result.

Ultimately, his problem in Tennessee was the players aren't that good, IMO. I don't think anybody was looking at any of his teams like they were supposed to make a deep run. He won 6 out of every 11 games with Tanneyhill, Mariota, and even worse QB's than that.

He definitely needs to hire good coordinators, but every coach has some kind of weakness to overcome. If you have great players + Vrabel, it's gonna be a good result.

I pretty much agree with all of this, although I think his need for strong playcallers is a pretty big damper given that 95% of them will get poached after a year or two.

It’s one of the reasons my most preferred outcome would’ve been for us to retain him and hire back a now-fired Arthur Smith as OC. I’m still kind of pissed how it all played out, as I think Vrabel and Levis would’ve been an awesome combination.

But anyway, not trying to hi-jack the thread…

VN Store

Back