Big props to Pig and Croom!

A few things: 1.) North has a shoulder injury. 2.) Malone is a freshman. 3.) Croom has been injured a lot. He's just now healthy for the first time in his career at UT. 4.) When was Pig suspended?

Those stats are pretty close. The problem with this numbers is that Pig has done it over 4 years compared to North having only played two. Also, North consistently faces double teams

those were the stats from the last 2 years. also Pig is only a Junior. I also didn't include rushing stats that would tip the scale more.

the point is Pig has not been a disappointment.

Croom has struggled with injury or I think he would have numbers closer to what we would expect.

Reactions: 3 people
A few things: 1.) North has a shoulder injury. 2.) Malone is a freshman. 3.) Croom has been injured a lot. He's just now healthy for the first time in his career at UT. 4.) When was Pig suspended?

Yes agree. All. I was saying is that had you told me over the summer they'd be our top guys this season I'd have been surprised. But it's great to see. That's why I said.... Big props to them. And Pig was indefinitely suspended during the off season. Many speculated he wouldn't be back

those were the stats from the last 2 years. also Pig is only a Junior. I also didn't include rushing stats that would tip the scale more.

the point is Pig has not been a disappointment.

Croom has struggled with injury or I think he would have numbers closer to what we would expect.

Pig is clearly our no.1 wr this year. Over the off-season did you think that would be the case. And although he's produced in the past he's also had some big drops, at least one game defining fumble, and been indefinitely suspended

Just wait its coming.
Another:

wat-wat-wat.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Pig is clearly our no.1 wr this year. Over the off-season did you think that would be the case. And although he's produced in the past he's also had some big drops, at least one game defining fumble, and been indefinitely suspended

what does it matter what people thought in the offseason, only thing that matters is what happens on the field. Yes, he had a horrible fumble in the Georgia game. still doesn't make him a disappointment.

Just admit you used a poor choice of words in the OP, and move on. Maybe even go back and change the OP

shh don't jinx them we need them to make big plays tonight to have any chance to get the W we all long for!

Both these guys have had somewhat dissapointing careers thus far. Yet I believe they are our top two guys right now excluding te's. North has disappeared for big chunks of the season. As has Malone. And vp has taken a long time to get back after the has. Josh Smith hasn't been able to get back on the field at all. Thanks the Lord we have depth at WR. We flat out don't beat sc without Pig. And Croom played his best game of his career against SC.

We don't win the SC without their big plays.

Both these guys have had somewhat dissapointing careers thus far. Yet I believe they are our top two guys right now excluding te's. North has disappeared for big chunks of the season. As has Malone. And vp has taken a long time to get back after the has. Josh Smith hasn't been able to get back on the field at all. Thanks the Lord we have depth at WR. We flat out don't beat sc without Pig. And Croom played his best game of his career against SC.

Have to disagree about Pig. I think that he has done wonders considering how he has been used. Some of those so-called "trick"plays in which he has been used are slow to develop or too predictable. IMO, he has always played his azz off. He is one of my favorite current Vols. Love me some Pig.

Reactions: 2 people
Pig has not been disappointing. That's ridiculous.

Croom has had injuries. Now, occasionally he looks like he is a little too passive but he has consistently gotten better and more aggressive. He's still considered a sophomore, right? Look how he has continuously improved over the course of the season and tell me you're not optimistic about him at WR the next two years. In the 90's we had so much more depth we rarely expected WR's to make major contributions until at least sophomore year, if not junior. Combine that with the inconsistent problems our offense has had as a whole...I wouldn't say I am disappointed with either player.

Lol. What have you been watching. Croom has dropped more td passes than he's caught. And Pig has had a less than stellar career as well. Pig has also been indefinitely suspended at one point also. If that's what you wish for these guys to accomplish when they sign with us maybe you should be rooting for Vandy.

You make it sound like they have been well coached up by this staff.

Saying ''big props'' is bashing? The post didn't start out bashing them. Just said they neither had yet accomplished what I think they themselves would tell you they were trying to. However they've both been very crucial contributors to the team this year

You literally said in the same breath they've been disappointing. If that's not bashing wtf is?

Lol. What have you been watching. Croom has dropped more td passes than he's caught. And Pig has had a less than stellar career as well. Pig has also been indefinitely suspended at one point also. If that's what you wish for these guys to accomplish when they sign with us maybe you should be rooting for Vandy.

You need a lil more 420

You literally said in the same breath they've been disappointing. If that's not bashing wtf is?

Saying someone has had a couple of dissapointing seasons isn't bashing Imo. I think Croom himself would tell you he hasn't been as successful the first few years as he had hoped for. I mean up until last week he was averaging about 100 yards per season.
Some people just try to find something negative in anything you post. My point was simply that who would've thought based on last year that Pig and Croom would be our best WR's. That's it. There is no bashing going on.

VN Store

Back