Best rushing offenses we will face?

marmoteer

Haven’t researched this but curious what everybody thinks. I would guess UA, Uga in the top tier. Ole Miss, KY, UF, but not much clue after that. Where does Pitt stack up in all this?
I think the one on ones with big backs vs our LBs will dictate how we fare in the big games. Here’s to swarming to the football! Go Vols!!

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Haven’t researched this but curious what everybody thinks. I would guess UA, Uga in the top tier. Ole Miss, KY, UF, but not much clue after that. Where does Pitt stack up in all this?
I think the one on ones with big backs vs our LBs will dictate how we fare in the big games. Here’s to swarming to the football! Go Vols!!
Going by the numbers from last year…. Ole Miss would be the “best” rushing team we’ll face this season. They led the league in rushing last season. Alabama and Georgia aren’t far behind

Reactions: PapaGeorgio
How did you leave off AL?

While the question of effectiveness remains, I think Florida will be a 60-40, 65-35, run to pass ratio team.

Going by the numbers from last year…. Ole Miss would be the “best” rushing team we’ll face this season. They led the league in rushing last season. Alabama and Georgia aren’t far behind
Anybody taking Ealy at Ole Miss over Zamir White as a pro?

So UF is gonna try to control the clock and UT is gonna try to throw it all over the yard? My, how times have changed.

Got a running QB now. It's going to be more of a traditional spread offense. Run to suck you up and put men in the box. Have to account for the QB in the run game. Create 1 on 1s in the passing game where the QB doesn't really have to read the defense and when you throw, it will be for chunk yardage.

Florida Qb's will probably have a high yards per completion number.

USA!!!

Alabama will have the best Offense and Defense, best rushing, passing and run stopping and passing cause they consistently cheat and pay there recruits that the NCAA doesn't want to do anything about because it's nick saban, he knows so much dirt on the NCAA it would shut them down

Reactions: bullpen1
Alabama will have the best Offense and Defense, best rushing, passing and run stopping and passing cause they consistently cheat and pay there recruits that the NCAA doesn't want to do anything about because it's nick saban, he knows so much dirt on the NCAA it would shut them down

Everyone pays recruits, some schools pay better. Plus Nick Saban can clearly develop 4/5 star athletes into NFL players. We can’t say the same about the last couple of coaches.

Everyone pays recruits, some schools pay better. Plus Nick Saban can clearly develop 4/5 star athletes into NFL players. We can’t say the same about the last couple of coaches.
However, Georgia seems to always have an outstanding running game . I think they are likely to be really good again this year.

Run first teams are what we want to see. Force them to try to keep up with us.
Unless there is some undiscovered talent on our defense, other teams will just run and run to take time off the clock. We may end up getting few offensive plays. Better score every possession.

SC returns the top rusher from conference regular season in Kevin Harris and has Marshawn Lloyd back……they will be a good rushing team again behind that SR. OL. Lloyd was ahead of Harris last Fall on depth chart before his injury and may be the no.1 RB.

Unless there is some undiscovered talent on our defense, other teams will just run and run to take time off the clock. We may end up getting few offensive plays. Better score every possession.

Run first teams are still what we want to see. Everyone eventually gets behind the sticks and has to convert 3rd and long.

Run first teams put themselves at a significant disadvantage schematically in their ability to convert 3rd downs, score fast, and score more frequently

Reactions: volforlife15

VN Store

Back