Best Place to watch game in knoxville

If you are willing to go out west there are several places; some of which I haven't tried myself and would like some feedback. I like Wild Wing Cafe. It's a good place because they have a lot of flat screens and they usually draw a strong UT crowd. There's a place called Double Dogs in Hardin Valley, Carolina Ale House, a brand new sports bar on Kingston Pike near Cedar Bluff and Twin Peaks off Northshore which is like a new version of Hooters.

On away games most sports bars will be pretty packed. I used to go to Baileys, it's good.

Thanks, I'll check on Baileys too.

I am looking for a group of U.T. Fans that meet to watch football games at a restaurant/sports bar, on the big screen...respectable location only.

I am in the Knoxville area...I'm 55, not necessarily a senior, but I guess a slightly older group might be a better fit. I do drink, but not looking to "party" hard, nor for a hookup.

I am a die-hard U.T. Fan and alumnus, thinking both victory and misery in a group might be more fun.:clap:

Anyone have any suggestions?
Downtown Grill and Brewery

I am looking for a group of U.T. Fans that meet to watch football games at a restaurant/sports bar, on the big screen...respectable location only.

I am in the Knoxville area...I'm 55, not necessarily a senior, but I guess a slightly older group might be a better fit. I do drink, but not looking to "party" hard, nor for a hookup.

I am a die-hard U.T. Fan and alumnus, thinking both victory and misery in a group might be more fun.:clap:

Anyone have any suggestions?

You forgot to attach a resume.

This as well. I haven't been to the new place in Halls either. That might be an option for you. A few if us get together at the brewery which I previously mentioned

I've been to the place in halls once, it's not too bad. They have a lot of big screens.

If you are willing to go out west there are several places; some of which I haven't tried myself and would like some feedback. I like Wild Wing Cafe. It's a good place because they have a lot of flat screens and they usually draw a strong UT crowd. There's a place called Double Dogs in Hardin Valley, Carolina Ale House, a brand new sports bar on Kingston Pike near Cedar Bluff and Twin Peaks off Northshore which is like a new version of Hooters.

Double Dogs is legit, I also recommend Smoky Mountain Brewery in Turkey Creek. Both places have tv's everywhere. With it being a night game you'd better get to either early and stake your table, bar stools, booth etc.

I haven't been there yet.

Knoxville is a very desirable place to live for many reasons but you'd have to define "fun" for anyone to be able to answer this question properly.

I'm 25 and looking to buy my first house. I would be there roughly 4-6 months out of the year. I work in North Dakota and spend a lot of time in Colorado. What do you recommend?

I'm 25 and looking to buy my first house. I would be there roughly 4-6 months out of the year. I work in North Dakota and spend a lot of time in Colorado. What do you recommend?

You get a whole lot of house for much less here. The airport is easy to use but not cheap. Also many flights go to ATL for obvious reasons so direct flights are but a few. If you are into lakes and water sports this place is awesome. Good but not great restaurants and night life. Decent concerts. Public transit is iffy. Winters are mainly rainy and cool, not much snow but one inch will shut the city down.

You get a whole lot of house for much less here. The airport is easy to use but not cheap. Also many flights go to ATL for obvious reasons so direct flights are but a few. If you are into lakes and water sports this place is awesome. Good but not great restaurants and night life. Decent concerts. Public transit is iffy. Winters are mainly rainy and cool, not much snow but one inch will shut the city down.
Thanks for your help

Carolina Ale. Hands down.

Ok, went there tonight for dinner with a friend. Huge selection of beers if that's your thing otherwise the food didn't impress me. We tried the fried pickles but they were unbelievably salty so we sent them back. Better food at Double Dogs and Smoky Mountain Brewery.

Cost of living and gas are both lower than a lot of places seem to be. I've always thought of Knoxville as almost the perfect sized city, not too small and not too big.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone know if the theatre in the UC that shows other top games before our game starts shows our game when we're playing. My mom is also looking for a good place while we are in the game.

VN Store

Back