Best College Football Stadium- The Athletic

Interesting competition. I have always enjoyed visiting Jordan Hare - good facilities and nice people. But it doesn’t seem like the kind of stadium that changes the game like Neyland, Death Valley or the Swamp.

Reactions: WillisWG
Interesting competition. I have always enjoyed visiting Jordan Hare - good facilities and nice people. But it doesn’t seem like the kind of stadium that changes the game like Neyland, Death Valley or the Swamp.
Auburn is super loud for big games. I went to that 2017 Iron Bowl with a friend of mine and it was crazy. They arguably have more big game home wins/upsets in the last 10-15 years than us, Florida and LSU combined, counting every time they beat Saban and they beat No. 1 Georgia once too and the crowd absolutely was a huge factor in all those games.

Auburn is super loud for big games. I went to that 2017 Iron Bowl with a friend of mine and it was crazy. They arguably have more big game home wins/upsets in the last 10-15 years than us, Florida and LSU combined, counting every time they beat Saban and they beat No. 1 Georgia once too and the crowd absolutely was a huge factor in all those games.
My experience is probably influenced by the fact that I have only been for UT games (flying oranges game, Guarantano’s big win, and a couple of others). Definitely not the Iron Bowl.

My experience is probably influenced by the fact that I have only been for UT games (flying oranges game, Guarantano’s big win, and a couple of others). Definitely not the Iron Bowl.
Yeah, that certainly makes a difference. When Jordan-Hare is lit, it's an influence on the game, in the same way the other 3 are.

Reactions: dieseldaddy
This is why I have never understood why they don't close in the north endzone. They could easily make it one of the biggest stadium in the SEC and it would be insanely loud there.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Only when they play Welcome to The Jungle over the loudspeakers while the visitors are on offense.

2003 UT-Auburn. #neverforget

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I have been to the Rose Bowl for a UCLA game and it was meh. It has made it this far in the bracket simply for the New Years Day game IMO.

Vandy stadium is the best. They got hosed.
To be fair I like Vandy's stadium. Literally at any given moment while in the stands you can spread out and kick your feet up like you are sitting at home watching the game. Play your cards right and you even have your own bathroom and snack vendors.

VN Store

Back