Ben Richards, The Butcher of Bakersfield

Interesting history regarding "fake news".

The Great "Fake News" Scare Of 1530

“The Onion” was next to “The Economist” in the newspaper stands for almost two decades. “Weekly World News”, which one-ups most British tabloids with regular Elvis sightings and vivid descriptions of two-mile fish orbiting in the rings of Jupiter, is still next to “Foreign Policy” in the same newspaper stands. This was never considered problematic in the slightest. Why, then, is a unified establishment screaming bloody murder about “fake news” all of a sudden?

To the day, almost a century later, Johannes Gutenberg combined the four inventions of the squeeze press, oil-based inks, metal movable type, and cheap rag-based pages to produce the first printing press. All of a sudden, books could be mass produced cheaply, and there was an enormous profit motive to be made in producing books for the common people. You could accurately and shamelessly call it an undercutting of the monastery business. (“How will the monks get paid if we allow cheap copying technologies?”)

Gutenberg was convinced his invention would strengthen the Church, as the ability to mass produce books from a single original would eliminate all the small copying errors invariably introduced in the manual book production process. The result was the exact opposite, through mechanisms Gutenberg did not foresee.

It’s important to remember here, that through the media cartel of the medieval ages (where the Catholic Church produced all news and reported all news), that there was an absolute gatekeeper position over the narrative. The Church could essentially claim that something was true, and everybody would believe it. This is a very powerful position, being the gatekeeper of true and false – one that is prone to abuse without any opposition, or competition, in reporting. As it turned out, the Catholic Church would indeed come to abuse this power quite egregiously, and paid the price for it.

“No one gets in trouble for saying that 2 + 2 is 5, or that people in Pittsburgh are ten feet tall. Such obviously false statements might be treated as jokes, or at worst as evidence of insanity, but they are not likely to make anyone mad. The statements that make people mad are the ones they worry might be believed. I suspect the statements that make people maddest are those they worry might be true. […] If Galileo had said that people in Padua were ten feet tall, he would have been regarded as a harmless eccentric. Saying the earth orbited the sun was another matter. The church knew this would set people thinking.”

I'd love to know what kind of posters you have on the walls of your bedroom.

Chances are we wouldn't be able to distinguish your room from that of a 15 year old boy or of Mel Gibson.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would Assad use chemical weapons in a war he is winning?

tinfoilhat.jpg

Actually, in the novel, Ben Richards ends up flying an airplane into a tower in NY "...and it rained fire 20 blocks away".

"I Paid To See A Movie About Singing. I Got Ninety Minutes Of Pentagon Propaganda."

Before I go on I should mention that a group called Insurge Intelligence published a report a few months back on thousands of military and intelligence documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act which showed unbelievably extensive involvement of US defense and intelligence agencies in the production of popular Hollywood movies and TV shows. Just from the information this group was able to gain access to, the scripts and development of over 800 films and 1,000 television titles were found to have been influenced by the Pentagon, the CIA, and the NSA to advance the interests of the US war machine. We’re talking about big, high profile titles you’ve definitely heard of, from Transformers to Meet the Parents.

So it’s an established fact that these depraved agencies of destruction and domination are balls-deep in Hollywood production. You can understand my discomfort, then, as it became evident that the movie I’d sat down to watch with my family was set on US military bases for no reason whatsoever. There was nothing about the plot of Pitch Perfect 3 that required this; any music tour of any kind would have worked just as well. The antagonist had nothing to do with the military, the protagonists were a civilian a capella singing group, and the general conflicts and resolutions of the film were entirely uninvolved with anything related to the armed forces of any nation.

Indeed, the film looks like it was initially written to have taken place in a civilian setting, then after many rewrites and the involvement of God knows what agencies managed to force itself onto US military bases. As Insurge Intelligence noted in its report, once that happens the war machine is granted what amounts to total creative control of the film’s production, up to and including the ability to cancel production altogether by withdrawing support.

Sure enough, retired Army lieutenant colonel Thomas Lesnieski, who was involved with the production of the film, says that in order to “make sure that the way the military is portrayed is done right,” changes were made to the script of Pitch Perfect 3 after the film enlisted “DoD support”.

The Running Man is one of my favorite action movies all time, and these comedians destroy it in hilarious fashion.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phw--29vyHw[/youtube]

Life imitates art.

With the a totalitarian police state, the populace pacified with reality TV and sports, and numerous false flag events and numerous enemies created by our govt and the media, There should be no doubt that we are living in a Running Man dystopia right now.

Your above the Target, be careful

Life imitates art.

With the a totalitarian police state, the populace pacified with reality TV and sports, and numerous false flag events and numerous enemies created by our govt and the media, There should be no doubt that we are living in a Running Man dystopia right now.

I would pay money to see you take on Sub-Zero or Dynamo.

Being attacked from within and without creates paranoia and dystopia for those who are being attacked. Our "media" is a bought sham, with little regard for truth. More interested in creating and influencing than a bigger picture of facts. Nobody trusts these organizations anymore, so it's only going to get worse. Follow the money, look at who owns our "information", and what do they want you feed you?

"Over the past decade, the influx of tech money into the news media was as dramatic as it was surprising. Bezos bought the Post from the Graham family in 2013 for $250m; eBay founder Pierre Omidyar pumped the same sum into First Look Media; Laurene Powell Jobs bought a controlling stake in the Atlantic for areported $160m; Biotech billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong paid $500m for the Los Angeles Times; and Salesforce founder Marc Benioff bought the rights to the trademark “Time” for $190m."

Bezos and Washington Post show honeymoon is over for tech mogul media owners

california companies buying the left, and foreign entities buying the right. Who do you trust? Time will lift the curtain of informational fog. Until then, stop relying on entities that want to hurt you and use you. I know, it's a difficult addiction to break. It's a money and power lust addiction. It rewards for clicks and likes. Feeding your brain what it craves. It's an addiction, but you are buying fentanyl and baby formula. It's a junk drug, and so never fully satisfies.

Being attacked from within and without creates paranoia and dystopia for those who are being attacked. Our "media" is a bought sham, with little regard for truth. More interested in creating and influencing than a bigger picture of facts. Nobody trusts these organizations anymore, so it's only going to get worse. Follow the money, look at who owns our "information", and what do they want you feed you?

"Over the past decade, the influx of tech money into the news media was as dramatic as it was surprising. Bezos bought the Post from the Graham family in 2013 for $250m; eBay founder Pierre Omidyar pumped the same sum into First Look Media; Laurene Powell Jobs bought a controlling stake in the Atlantic for areported $160m; Biotech billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong paid $500m for the Los Angeles Times; and Salesforce founder Marc Benioff bought the rights to the trademark “Time” for $190m."

Bezos and Washington Post show honeymoon is over for tech mogul media owners

california companies buying the left, and foreign entities buying the right. Who do you trust? Time will lift the curtain of informational fog. Until then, stop relying on entities that want to hurt you and use you. I know, it's a difficult addiction to break. It's a money and power lust addiction. It rewards for clicks and likes. Feeding your brain what it craves. It's an addiction, but you are buying fentanyl and baby formula. It's a junk drug, and so never fully satisfies.
Who are you and what did you do with @IluvdoubleD's ?

Musk Defends Former President After Leftist Corporate Media Unleashes Trump "Bloodbath Hoax"

Let's begin with the actual speech. On Saturday evening, X account EndWokeness posted a video of Trump at a campaign rally in Vandalia, Ohio. In it, Trump tells the audience that the American automobile industry will be a bloodbath if he's not re-elected because the Biden administration will allow Chinese cars to flood the market.

Almost immediately, legacy media outlets, such as NBC News, ABC News, and Politico, among others, took Trump's speech entirely out of context...

1710693548766.png

VN Store

Back