Beheading in Oklahoma

No I don't disagree necessarily although I cannot think of any specific instances. And FWIW, I gave you the first like... But.. this buffoon has made it his mission to destroy the document.

NSA spying program started during the W Administration. Don't you think that would be a specific instance?

Reactions: 2 people
NSA spying program started during the W Administration. Don't you think that would be a specific instance?

No way it started then. Our govt has been spying since it began

No president has really tried to stop it and doubt they have the power to anyway

No way it started then. Our govt has been spying since it began

No president has really tried to stop it and doubt they have the power to anyway

I was referring to the cell phone spying on our citizens.

It really doesn't matter who or what party holds office.. our executive and legislative branches don't consider protecting our constitution a priority. For the most part, it seems like it is the duty of those two branches of government to find ways to bend or weaken it in favor of big business, military, and various intelligence entities.

I think the passing of the Patriot Act was a prime example of that. They used the climate of terror after 9/11 as a smoke screen to fly that massive bill through legislation and into law. You can pretty much cover your eyes and point at any part of that bill and find something that violates the fourth amendment at the very least. We have to wait until the new law is used against some entity powerful enough to oppose it in court before our judicial branch can really make a difference.

It doesn't matter what party authored the bill or what party held the presidency when it was passed.. virtually no one in Washington opposed it. This is the way it is when the real "constitution killers" are passed into law.

.. .. the patriot act?

the "patriot" act

It should be law that whenever one refers to this law they make air quotes with their fingers and roll their eyes when mouthing the word patriot.

It would be funny if it wasn't so ironically not patriotic.

I was referring to the cell phone spying on our citizens.

GWB started the PRISM program in '07.

Who's the bigger patriot, the guy who spies on his citizens or the man that blows the whistle on him?

VN Store

Back