Battle at Bristol Uniform

Hokie fans are blowing up the message boards about the uni's. Some like them and some don't. There biggest complaint is no Chicago Maroon.

They are made to resemble "Hokie Stone". Also stated that they would be a good contrast on TV to what Tennessee will be wearing..and hinted to all Vol Orange. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but this is what is being said.

#1 recruit in VA..Devon Hunter was the person that debuted / gave the sneak peak on Twitter. He is in Blacksburg on an Unofficial visit.

It would be funny if he chose another school over VT, especially if it was Tn.

Reactions: 2 people
I could use one word to describe those uniforms...

Hideous.

Everyone has there own opinion. I personally think they look great, different but great! I think Nike did a great job of appealing to the younger crowd and recruits. Most 17-19 year olds love alternate uni's.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, I usually like alternate uniforms and VT has had some cool ones over the years...those are horrible. They look like those army fatigue ones from years ago. those are the worst I have seen in a long time. bad. really bad.

Yeah, I usually like alternate uniforms and VT has had some cool ones over the years...those are horrible. They look like those army fatigue ones from years ago. those are the worst I have seen in a long time. bad. really bad.

They are to resemble 'Hokie Stone"...paying tribute to the VT Corp of Cadets. So yes, they are made to resemble fatigues.

Meh. Doesn't look horrible. Better than that Hokie Stone helmet they tried a few years ago.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks dumb to me . I am not a Hokie fan but have lived in southwest Va. for 3 years once and from Tri Cities... that's not I wanted to see. I wanted to kick VT a$$ and that doesn't look like VT. I would like to see an orange helmet for TN but that to me is not that extreme like VT.

Could you imagine the backlash he would get if he went to anther school. I mean I am sure that was a huge recruiting pitch to let him unveil the uniform.

Well he's definitely the top recruit on the board.. and VT is trying hard to sell Blacksburg to him. Im sure that was a hueh pitch to let him do that as well. It would suck if he went somewhere else, but that has been the norm recently. Big time recruits have been going to Tennessee, Clemson, Ohio State and Bama. Gonna take a culture change and a few winning seasons to get them back to Blacksburg. With the Fuente hire, I think we are on the right track.

Just a little more info on the uniform. Black and Grey were the original team colors back in the day before Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange. These uni's were made by Nike to pay tribute to the original 1891 Virginia Tech Corp of Cadets.

Reactions: 3 people
They're wearing black because they're going to their funeral.

I feel stupid. What's the interior of their design supposed to be off? I mean it looks good in the pic but what is it

Edit: I see now

Orange and/or white on our uniforms should be fluorescent. See that fluorescent streak going by at mach speed--just a blur.

Just a little more info on the uniform. Black and Grey were the original team colors back in the day before Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange. These uni's were made by Nike to pay tribute to the original 1891 Virginia Tech Corp of Cadets.

It's supposed to be an homage to the Hokie Stone theme.

Well those are ugly. Guess we won't be wearing the grays if they are in those. I almost wish we were the away team so we could wear the storm troopers.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back