Battered vol syndrome is back for me

The BaseVols are what they are. The pitching is subpar this year. They will surprise some teams and get beat badly by others. Ever since the heartbreak of the ‘22 season, I haven’t been as invested. It’s not good for my health lol.
True, but I'm holding out hope that Tony and Frank can push the right button and when Russell gets healthy plus a couple of youngsters find their groove, we'll have the pitching to make some noise again this year. Hey, if Ole Miss can come back from the brink of not making the field to winning the darned thing, I'm gonna keep dreaming. Baseball is way, way different than hoops and football for me. Lose the series to the mutts, and it might be like cold water on a few remaining burning embers on the fire tho.

The BaseVols are what they are. The pitching is subpar this year. They will surprise some teams and get beat badly by others. Ever since the heartbreak of the ‘22 season, I haven’t been as invested. It’s not good for my health lol.

I loved the '22 team, probably the best we'll ever see and one of the best to never win it all.

Having said that, I don't get as wrapped up in the regular season anymore. I mean I watch every game I can and want to win, but the best team in college baseball usually doesn't win it all. It was what, 1999 the last time the overall #1 won it all? And in '22 freakin Ole Miss won it all and they were a bubble team. Last year's team started horribly in the SEC and still made the CWS and did better than Tony's first CWS team. I'm not saying it doesn't matter but I just don't get caught up in winning all the games like 2022.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
True, but I'm holding out hope that Tony and Frank can push the right button and when Russell gets healthy plus a couple of youngsters find their groove, we'll have the pitching to make some noise again this year. Hey, if Ole Miss can come back from the brink of not making the field to winning the darned thing, I'm gonna keep dreaming. Baseball is way, way different than hoops and football for me. Lose the series to the mutts, and it might be like cold water on a few remaining burning embers on the fire tho.

Didn't last year's team start like 5-10 in the SEC?

I loved the '22 team, probably the best we'll ever see and one of the best to never win it all.

Having said that, I don't get as wrapped up in the regular season anymore. I mean I watch every game I can and want to win, but the best team in college baseball usually doesn't win it all. It was what, 1999 the last time the overall #1 won it all? And in '22 freakin Ole Miss won it all and they were a bubble team. Last year's team started horribly in the SEC and still made the CWS and did better than Tony's first CWS team. I'm not saying it doesn't matter but I just don't get caught up in winning all the games like 2022.
Yeah same. That’s a good way to put it.

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back