Basketball Team Photo

I think he has done a good job finding players at other positions, just wish we had one more guy 6'10" or taller and over 225lbs.

We may not have that one prototypical bad boy center, but I think with basketball by committee, we will be fine for the first time in a while. Plenty of our guys can rebound, block shots, and foul underneath the basket. Sometimes muscle is just as important as height, and I think we have plenty of that now.

It is still debatable if we have enough talent overall, but I think we have plenty of players at every position. That is not my worry at all any more.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he has done a good job finding players at other positions, just wish we had one more guy 6'10" or taller and over 225lbs.

I hope Alexander is kinda the answer, but I agree with u. Maybe Kent can eventually be one of those guys, but I feel like he is going to be a passing perimeter kinda 4/5. Hopefully, I'm wrong and he can do all the things that right now, I don't think he can in the SEC, like control the boards and be a rim protecter

I hope Alexander is kinda the answer, but I agree with u. Maybe Kent can eventually be one of those guys, but I feel like he is going to be a passing perimeter kinda 4/5. Hopefully, I'm wrong and he can do all the things that right now, I don't think he can in the SEC, like control the boards and be a rim protecter

My hope is that Kent is perhaps a poor man's Luke Kornet.

Center position is overrated in the college game. We have 6 players 6-7 or taller; that's half of our scholarship roster. Definitely an improvement over the past 3 seasons and something we can be competitive on the boards with.

Don't think Barnes system demands that traditional center but a guy like Kent could add some versatility. Guy was automatic under the bucket at his high school before prep. Didn't see him much at the prep school.

That's what I kind of expect from him, after a redshirt year.
Yeah. I can agree with that, I hope he works as much as he says he will. A good quote from TimesFreePress

"I'm going in with no expectations, zero expectations," Kent said. "I'm looking to get better. I expect to get better. I'm not going to make crazy predictions at all. There's a lot of work I've got to do and a lot of work I'm ready to do that I've already started to do. I'm just going to keep going down that road."

I feel like the C is a dying position in basketball. Everyone wants to play on the perimeter.

But if a quality BIG comes along that's a shot blocker, rebounder and rim protector you recruit him.

Reactions: 1 person
Fulkerson's shoulder height is more than any player on team. I could give two ****s how long your neck is. Full is longest player on the team.

Fulkerson's shoulder height is more than any player on team. I could give two ****s how long your neck is. Full is longest player on the team.

Just based on the picture, where posture, etc. could make for slight differences, it appears that Fulkerson is about even with Alexander at shoulder level, and they are maybe an inch shorter than Kent.

However, you are correct that neck and head height are or should be irrelevent, unless we are simply discussing intimidation factors.

There's 16 guys in that photo. I thought only 15 guys could be on a team. 13 scholarship players and two walk-ons. Has that changed?

VN Store

Back