BaseVols Game Highlights/Interviews 2024

I'm very interested to see what Vitello does with Causey. What a change of pace out of the pen, but man, he looked the part of a starter last night, too. Really thought Dallas would end up on Sundays at some point this season, but now I'm not so sure. Man, we've got arms and options. Gonna be fun watching this play out.

Yeah, too many options, but I guess that is a good problem to have.
What great with Vitello is that we don't have to hope our starters can go 7-8 every start and if injury comes or a guy needs a rest, we can throw arm after arm out there and still have quality on the mound. That's huge come tournament time.

Any game two highlights anywhere.. Man I am still jacked up like a spider monkey on Mtn. Dew after that Bama win last night in b ball. It was hard to get wound down and sleep.

Any game two highlights anywhere.. Man I am still jacked up like a spider monkey on Mtn. Dew after that Bama win last night in b ball. It was hard to get wound down and sleep.
I can not find any highlights for either game 2 or 3. Here is a link for the entire game 2 (not highlights):

And here is an interview with coach V after the game 3 sweep:

So, without taking anything away from Dean Curley's performance, a question for you experienced insiders.

How much of his success last night against KState was their not yet having a pitcher's book on the freshman? Should fan expectations be lowered before we get into conference play?

So, without taking anything away from Dean Curley's performance, a question for you experienced insiders.

How much of his success last night against KState was their not yet having a pitcher's book on the freshman? Should fan expectations be lowered before we get into conference play?
If it's true that K State has no book on him, then likely no one else does, either. If so, we could see continued great performances from him into conference play.

Note: Wheels accidentally put Southern Illinois Salukis as the logo instead of Southern Indiana. Honest mistake.
Looks like Wheels fixed the logo.

Last edited:
Why was Burke ejected?
Earlier both catchers had words and the ump gave both sides a sportsmanship warning. After Burke's homer, he said something to the IL catcher as he crossed home plate. I don't think the ump even heard it, but the catcher complained to the ump, so Burke got tossed. Would not have happened if there was not already a warning to both sides. Now Burke is out for the mid-week game too.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Earlier both catchers had words and the ump gave both sides a sportsmanship warning. After Burke's homer, he said something to the IL catcher as he crossed home plate. I don't think the ump even heard it, but the catcher complained to the ump, so Burke got tossed. Would not have happened if there was not already a warning to both sides. Now Burke is out for the mid-week game too.
I read that it was for carrying the bat too far down the line.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back