Barnes and the Big Dance

How many teams have you coached to the Final Four? I'm curious.

So nobody on here should ever have an opinion differing from CRB since nobody here has ever coached a FF team? Would make for a pretty boring forum don't you think?

Reactions: 2 people
So nobody on here should ever have an opinion differing from CRB since nobody here has ever coached a FF team? Would make for a pretty boring forum don't you think?

meant to quote this:

I love Barnes, but if he wants this team to get to the Final 4 he better start playing Walker instead of Fulkerson. I just don't get it.

And no, people can have their own opinions, was more making a snarky comment back to how cocksure his comment was.

I think Barnes has done a great job assembling this team. I'm not sure X & Os are his strongest point, but he has done a tremendous job teaching this team. They remind me of the Butler team a few years ago that had so much success without an all star player. I'm not sure whether it is the teacher in Barnes or just the character of these players, but everyone of them I've seen interviewed, does an excellent job of speaking. Better than 90% of most teams I hear. CRB is a great fit for TENN.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Barnes has done a great job assembling this team. I'm not sure X & Os are his strongest point, but he has done a tremendous job teaching this team. They remind me of the Butler team a few years ago that had so much success without an all star player. I'm not sure whether it is the teacher in Barnes or just the character of these players, but everyone of them I've seen interviewed, does an excellent job of speaking. Better than 90% of most teams I hear. CRB is a great fit for TENN.

His Xs and Os are fine. He just doesn't make a big production out of drawing them up. He teaches the Xs and Os before tip off and they know what to do without him waving a clip board all about. I love it.

Reactions: 3 people
These are the stats that I'm more concerned at... I also only used Texas not any previous school

As a 1 SEED: Final Four
As a 2 SEED: Elite 8, Elite 8
As a 3 SEED: Sweet 16
As a 4 SEED: 2nd Round, 2nd Round
As a 5 SEED: 2nd Round
As a 6 SEED : 1st Round, Sweet 16
As a 7 SEED : 1st Round, 2nd Round, 2nd Round
As a 8 SEED : 1st Round, 1st Round
As a 9 SEED : N/A
As a 10 SEED : N/A
As a 11 SEED : 1st Round, 1st Round
As a 12 SEED : N/A
As a 13 SEED : N/A
AS a 14 SEED: N/A
As a 15 SEED: N/A
As a 16 SEED: N/A

Coaches that are currently in this years tournament that bounced out Rick:

Joe Boehiem(Syracuse) ,
John Calipari (Kentucky)
Coach K (Duke),
Sean Miller (Arizona)
Mick Cronin (Cincinnati)
John Bielein (Michigan)
Chris Holtman (Ohio State

I think I'm more concerned that we can possibly have to face 3 Coaches that have beaten CRB.

Last edited:
These are the stats that I'm more concerned at... I also only used Texas not any previous school

As a 1 SEED: Final Four
As a 2 SEED: Elite 8, Elite 8
As a 3 SEED: Sweet 16
As a 4 SEED: 2nd Round, 2nd Round
As a 5 SEED: 2nd Round
As a 6 SEED : 1st Round, Sweet 16
As a 7 SEED : 1st Round, 2nd Round, 2nd Round
As a 8 SEED : 1st Round, 1st Round
As a 9 SEED : N/A
As a 10 SEED : N/A
As a 11 SEED : 1st Round, 1st Round
As a 12 SEED : N/A
As a 13 SEED : N/A
AS a 14 SEED: N/A
As a 15 SEED: N/A
As a 16 SEED: N/A

Coaches that are currently in this years tournament that bounced out Rick:

Joe Boehiem(Syracuse) ,
John Calipari (Kentucky)
Coach K (Duke),
Sean Miller (Arizona)
Mick Cronin (Cincinnati)
John Bielein (Michigan)
Chris Holtman (Ohio State

I think I'm more concerned that we can possibly have to face 3 Coaches that have beaten CRB.

All this tells me is that he pretty much always plays as well as his seed would expect.

VN Store

Back