Bama was NOT the best team in CFB this year!

What a loser thread. The Alabama Crimson Tide are the champions of College Football and they earned it on the field. Couldn’t have done it without CJP, though 😉

The committee got it right, period. Bama and UGA were the 2 best teams this year. Ohio State got blown out at home by a playoff team, they also lost by 30+ to a 7-5 Iowa team. Give me a ****ing break..

you honestly believe FAU was the 11th best team in the nation? laughable.

Since at this point every argument either for or against UCF is hypothetical, can you not name 10 teams that you think would have beaten UCF in a playoff game?

Go Vols.

Since at this point every argument either for or against UCF is hypothetical, can you not name 10 teams that you think would have beaten UCF in a playoff game?

Go Vols.

uhm, what? I was talking about FAU (Kiffin) not UCF who was 6th or something.

I think Auburn would have beat them if the game mattered. I think most of the top schools would have beat them.

any given saturday is different than Championship saturday.

Stats prove it out Ohio State was a slightly better football team than Alabama this year. At minimum they should have been in the playoff. And PSU should have been in the playoff as well. Stats prove it out. Clemson a playoff team...b*tch please! Eliminate the bias of the committee. Dilly Dilly!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Bama would have whooped that A$$

uhm, what? I was talking about FAU (Kiffin) not UCF who was 6th or something.

I think Auburn would have beat them if the game mattered. I think most of the top schools would have beat them.

any given saturday is different than Championship saturday.

Sorry...my bad...old eyes reading fast.

Yeah, it was aimed at UCF, and those who really believe UCF would have had a realistic shot in an 8-team playoff.

UCF had a great season, and they were a really good team. A really good G5 team. But any of the top P5 teams (who cared about the game) would beat them 9 times out of 10. Like others, JMO.

Go Vols.

I always love the "they would have won if they wanted to argumemt." Its about like vols fans saying we were 6-6 instead of 4-8 this year.

I always love the "they would have won if they wanted to argumemt." Its about like vols fans saying we were 6-6 instead of 4-8 this year.

Ummm, no. That was the flattest Auburn looked since the Mercer game, including the SECCG. Auburn could not have cared less about that bowl game. Either you didn't watch, or you're not nearly as savvy of a football observer as I give you credit for being.

UCF is a G5 team that played a G5 schedule. There's no way to "re-do" the 2017 season, but if they want to claim a National Championship, then they need to play the big boys...same as the rest of us do...anytime, anywhere.

UCF's strength of schedule was weak...G5 weak. That's why they didn't make the playoff, plain and simple. They want a legit shot, then play tough OOC games against the P5 teams. When you're a G5 team, that's what it takes to make the big stage.

UT ended up right where they belonged.

So did UCF.

Go Vols.

Ummm, no. That was the flattest Auburn looked since the Mercer game, including the SECCG. Auburn could not have cared less about that bowl game. Either you didn't watch, or you're not nearly as savvy of a football observer as I give you credit for being.

UCF is a G5 team that played a G5 schedule. There's no way to "re-do" the 2017 season, but if they want to claim a National Championship, then they need to play the big boys...same as the rest of us do...anytime, anywhere.

UCF's strength of schedule was weak...G5 weak. That's why they didn't make the playoff, plain and simple. They want a legit shot, then play tough OOC games against the P5 teams. When you're a G5 team, that's what it takes to make the big stage.

UT ended up right where they belonged.

So did UCF.

Go Vols.

An undefeated team in 1a should be allowed a chance at a NC. If they will never be allowed, they could be removed from the division.

An undefeated team in 1a should be allowed a chance at a NC. If they will never be allowed, they could be removed from the division.

I don't understand the second sentence, but I agree completely with the first. Not trying to get your vote here, but I have long advocated for a playoff somewhat similar to the FCS system. Yes, I get all of the arguments against it, but I also believe that (a) an 8-team playoff is easy to do, and (b) the only thing that has stopped it to this point is the money, or more accurately, the potential loss of home game and bowl money.

So...in an 8-team format I believe UCF absolutely should have been in, and in the existing 4-team format I believe they fell short of what it took, largely due to strength of schedule.

And by making such a production out of it, and by claiming a hollow "national championship", UCF is tarnishing what...for them...was a remarkable accomplishment.

In the end, it is what it is, I guess.

Go Vols.

I don't understand the second sentence, but I agree completely with the first. Not trying to get your vote here, but I have long advocated for a playoff somewhat similar to the FCS system. Yes, I get all of the arguments against it, but I also believe that (a) an 8-team playoff is easy to do, and (b) the only thing that has stopped it to this point is the money, or more accurately, the potential loss of home game and bowl money.

So...in an 8-team format I believe UCF absolutely should have been in, and in the existing 4-team format I believe they fell short of what it took, largely due to strength of schedule.

And by making such a production out of it, and by claiming a hollow "national championship", UCF is tarnishing what...for them...was a remarkable accomplishment.

In the end, it is what it is, I guess.

Go Vols.

Yeah, i agree. I also understand what people say about Alabama being the better team. Im just not for half the teams in the league being ruled out of the CFP. If thats the case the league should split and we should only play teams in our league. Alabamas schedule wasnt exactly a powerhouse.

My idea scenerio is 6 conferences. However you want to divide those conferences up is okay. The winner of each conference goes to the CFP. Top two seeds get a bye week.

This only adds one extra week.
Keeps the regular season significant and ensures competition.
Puts an emphasis own winning your conference and doesnt reward that got to rest up during conference champ week.

Yeah, i agree. I also understand what people say about Alabama being the better team. Im just not for half the teams in the league being ruled out of the CFP. If thats the case the league should split and we should only play teams in our league. Alabamas schedule wasnt exactly a powerhouse.

My idea scenerio is 6 conferences. However you want to divide those conferences up is okay. The winner of each conference goes to the CFP. Top two seeds get a bye week.

This only adds one extra week.
Keeps the regular season significant and ensures competition.
Puts an emphasis own winning your conference and doesnt reward that got to rest up during conference champ week.

The regular season is the playoffs. There are 12 weeks where you are literally deciding whether you're in or out.

Are you ever going to emotionally catch up with that little ole fact? It's a great game, try to keep up.

The regular season is the playoffs. There are 12 weeks where you are literally deciding whether you're in or out.

Are you ever going to emotionally catch up with that little ole fact? It's a great game, try to keep up.

The regular season didnt matter for UCF did it? Meanwhile, Alabama sat at home as teams were playing the conference championships.

Reactions: 2 people

If the regular season is the playoffs, then the conference championship games are round two. Alabama, as you know, did not make it to the conference championship. Thus, by your logic, Alabama should not have made the 4-team playoff. One of the other conference champions should have.

No emotion, fact. While I believe Alabama was one of the four best teams in the nation (and they certainly proved it), by your logic, they never get in.

Best argument I've ever seen against the team that won the national championship. You should send that one to Saban.

Go Vols.

The regular season didnt matter for UCF did it? Meanwhile, Alabama sat at home as teams were playing the conference championships.

Quit being a hypocrite. If the situation was reversed and they allowed an undefeated UCF team in the big dance over a one-loss Tennessee team with their mid-major schedule, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

If the midmajors want to dance instead of just going bowling the best solution would be to establish their own playoff. The FCS long ago went their own way.

Quit being a hypocrite. If the situation was reversed and they allowed an undefeated UCF team in the big dance over a one-loss Tennessee team with their mid-major schedule, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

If the midmajors want to dance instead of just going bowling the best solution would be to establish their own playoff. The FCS long ago went their own way.

Why do you assume what i believe. I believe and have stated many times, undeafeated teams should be allowed in, or removed from the league.
So your assumptions of what i believe doesnt make me a hypocrite.
I dont believe in rewarding teams for sitting out the conference championship, i dont care who the team is.

Why do you assume what i believe. I believe and have stated many times, undeafeated teams should be allowed in, or removed from the league.
So your assumptions of what i believe doesnt make me a hypocrite.
I dont believe in rewarding teams for sitting out the conference championship, i dont care who the team is.

So a one-loss Tennessee team in the exact situation as Alabama should sit at home and watch UCF have at it?

So a one-loss Tennessee team in the exact situation as Alabama should sit at home and watch UCF have at it?

Where did you go OORAH? That question wasn't rhetorical. Let's see if we can get you to sound like the village idiot tonight?

Yeah, wouldnt like it cause im a Tennessee fan, but an undeafeated team should have a chance at a title.
It would be Tennessees fault and shouldnt have lost the game they did.
But so we are clear, my real thought is if you cant win your conference you cant be the NC. I think the playoff (how many ever games you want to expand it to) should be filled by conference champs.

VN Store

Back