Bama players raz Butch

I think WR coach on an NFL team is a good job, and probably about the best Dooley could do.

An 8 win SEC coach becoming an intern is trading humiliation for an effortless pay check.
Which taking that job was a big mistake. The only reason I can think to do it was to qualify for his buyout which required him to seek other employment. I think a better thing for him to have done would have been to take a janitor job at a small Midwest College. Of course I guess he could have taken an intern position at Florida Atlantic or someplace like that except I don't know how a coach would react to an intern that makes more money than he does.

I think I now see why Saban hired Butch. He is essentially a court jester. Top Notch athletes are almost invariably bullies in high school and Butch gives them a socially acceptable Avenue to channel that tendency. I think it's embarrassing for Butch's sake that he is willing to subject himself to that abuse. I think it would be nice if the players on our team saw this treatment of Butch as a disrespect for UT in general and come out wanting to kick some ass.

So you want to see our Vols come out kicking ass for Butch? Win one for the Butcher.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I hold no ill will towards Butch Jones. He did the best he could, he just wasn't very good at it. I also don't feel sorry for him. He's being paid handsomely not to coach, and he chose a profession that requires a thick skin. He'll be fine.

This is where I am. I would trade financial circumstances with him in a heartbeat

Reactions: orangepridenation
I hold no ill will towards Butch Jones. He did the best he could, he just wasn't very good at it. I also don't feel sorry for him. He's being paid handsomely not to coach, and he chose a profession that requires a thick skin. He'll be fine.
I'm not going to castigate those at Bama who are making fun of him. To a large extent he made his bed and he has to lie in it. I do think it is time for us to lay off and let him live his own life.

Reactions: orangepridenation
Which taking that job was a big mistake. The only reason I can think to do it was to qualify for his buyout which required him to seek other employment. I think a better thing for him to have done would have been to take a janitor job at a small Midwest College. Of course I guess he could have taken an intern position at Florida Atlantic or someplace like that except I don't know how a coach would react to an intern that makes more money than he does.
That's absolutely the only reason he did it.

Which is why I have zero problem dogging him until he decides to get a real job.

He sold himself out. It makes him look like a fraud who knows he is a fraud.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think I now see why Saban hired Butch. He is essentially a court jester. Top Notch athletes are almost invariably bullies in high school and Butch gives them a socially acceptable Avenue to channel that tendency. I think it's embarrassing for Butch's sake that he is willing to subject himself to that abuse. I think it would be nice if the players on our team saw this treatment of Butch as a disrespect for UT in general and come out wanting to kick some ass.

Butch has chosen, to be a lowly analyst at Alabama in hopes of getting a Div I coaching offer, and salvaging his ego with the knowledge that UT is on the hook for millions as long as he take his paltry $35k/ salary.

Given that situation, forgive me if I fail to care whether or not he's made fun of by Alabama's entire roster.

That's absolutely the only reason he did it.

Which is why I have zero problem dogging him until he decides to get a real job.

He sold himself out. It makes him look like a fraud who knows he is a fraud.
Okay you convinced me razz away

Do what? Most of our players can’t stand Jones and hate how the program was under his leadership. There’s no way they’re gonna be motivated to beat Bama because Bama players are disrespecting him.

Butch can recruit. Once he learns how to evaluate and coach, as well as treat people with respect and not be an ******* he'll be fine.

If we beat Bama this weekend, I bet Saban sends Butch back here as an "analyst" ...

You make me think back to the high school culture in which some people are just magnets for the kind of juvenile Cruelty that is now sending some people over the edge to react to the taunts with gun violence. This was my Nancy post for the day.
I know your not justifying these shootings, I'm really not accusing you of that. But I think equating those two are dangerous, I honestly think some kids will use it as a justification

I know your not justifying these shootings, I'm really not accusing you of that. But I think equating those two are dangerous, I honestly think some kids will use it as a justification
Oh I promise you it is a very real justification in their minds. Usually, though they just resort to suicide.

Last edited:
I think WR coach on an NFL team is a good job, and probably about the best Dooley could do.

An 8 win SEC coach becoming an intern is trading humiliation for an effortless pay check.

He’s o coordinator at Missouri now!

I would love to $h1t kick both Dooley and Butches ass while in KTown this season! Karma is a butch! Y

😜

I can't help but to feel sorry for a man who can't garner respect for 18-21 year men........it has to be embarrassing to him and his family/friends. I know Butch tried to build a program at UT, but did not have the pedigree to accomplish what he set out to do. He did bring some good moments and a bunch of bumper sticker sales. He doesn't deserve to be treated like he intended to be unsuccessful, I don't see this kind of attitude toward Kiffen and Dooley..................jmo.

This. We all learned that Butch wasn't the one to take us back to the top, and we've since learned he may have some character issues that I hope he's confronting, but I will give credit where I feel it is due. As I see it, he did turn this program around and he did recruit some great players for us. He couldn't coach or develop players, as we all saw, but the man did turn us around from where we were when he arrived.

Now can we all please just let the man go?

VN Store

Back