Bama fan, but also pulling for Pruitt

Bumpndnite

I live in Hoover AL, and have followed Jeremy Pruitt since he was an assistant at Hoover High School. I also had a chance to talk with him during the SEC Media week in 2017. I've been impressed with the guy for some time now. This is an interesting game coming up. There is no coach outside of Tuscaloosa who knows more about the Alabama team than Pruitt. During the 2017 season, starting with spring practice, Pruitt coached against Tua, and Jalen Hurts every day. He understands their strength(s) and weaknesses. I suspect Pruitt will go ballsout to pressure Tua; that means press coverage at the corners, and "throwing the sink" blitz packages. It is a gamblers game plan, but it would give UT the best chance of hanging with the best offense I've ever seen at UA.

Anyway....good luck on Saturday, I hope it is a great game.

appreciate it, but we all know saban's record against former assistants, much less against one with a team that's got as big a gap as we do to Bama's overall talent/depth level.

he may have all the answers to the test necessary to pull an upset. not sure it'll matter, since don't have enough pencils to finish the test........lol.

I live in Hoover AL, and have followed Jeremy Pruitt since he was an assistant at Hoover High School. I also had a chance to talk with him during the SEC Media week in 2017. I've been impressed with the guy for some time now. This is an interesting game coming up. There is no coach outside of Tuscaloosa who knows more about the Alabama team than Pruitt. During the 2017 season, starting with spring practice, Pruitt coached against Tua, and Jalen Hurts every day. He understands their strength(s) and weaknesses. I suspect Pruitt will go ballsout to pressure Tua; that means press coverage at the corners, and "throwing the sink" blitz packages. It is a gamblers game plan, but it would give UT the best chance of hanging with the best offense I've ever seen at UA.

If he goes ballsout that would be strange. Hoping for a competitive game.

I’m not expecting a win on Saturday, I think our chances are only slightly better than a meteor coming down and destroying Tuscaloosa.

But I do hope we make you guys nervous and have to work hard for the W.

And I do believe/hope that Pruitt can lead us back to a place where the Alabama game is a true fight and the odds of winning are much more likely.

A classy Bama fan...I'm speechless.

Yes, OP, I'm sure CJP's familiarity causes the Head Coach and Staff to pause for a moment of concern. Right after that, they probably said "hey, we may actually have to play our starters into the 3rd or 4th Qs in order to hang the customary 50+ on them".

Nobody sane around here is expecting a win. But, I believe it's acceptable to expect progress from a competitive standpoint. Of course, there is the contingent who loathe the idea of such "moral victories". :-\

I also agree with you, this Offense you have down there is about the sickest one I've ever seen in crimson and WT. Disgusting on both sides now.

Reactions: Vol_0311
I'll get flamed for this, but all I'm hoping for is that we made one big play early that sends the crowd into delirium (early sack on 3rd down that forces a punt, early turnover, big offensive play that gives us a lead, etc.). That'd make the trip up there worth it.

I'll get flamed for this, but all I'm hoping for is that we made one big play early that sends the crowd into delirium (early sack on 3rd down that forces a punt, early turnover, big offensive play that gives us a lead, etc.). That'd make the trip up there worth it.
I just want the game to be close enough, long enough, that we don't have fans walking out in the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I will stay for the entire game win or lose

appreciate it, but we all know saban's record against former assistants, much less against one with a team that's got as big a gap as we do to Bama's overall talent/depth level.

he may have all the answers to the test necessary to pull an upset. not sure it'll matter, since don't have enough pencils to finish the test........lol.
ObviousFilthyAldabratortoise-small.gif

Reactions: jakez4ut

Great post and thanks for the info and wishes. Good luck Saturday and hope Tua plays!

In VN form though!

GTFO!

:p

I hope Alabama is looking ahead to LSU. I remember 1982 when we beat them. I remember 1985 when we beat #1 Auburn. And Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Nobody gave us a snowball's chance in those games. That's why they play the game and I'm looking forward to it. We have absolutely nothing to lose.

I hope Alabama is looking ahead to LSU. I remember 1982 when we beat them. I remember 1985 when we beat #1 Auburn. And Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Nobody gave us a snowball's chance in those games. That's why they play the game and I'm looking forward to it. We have absolutely nothing to lose.

We actually had a really good team. It's akin to UF in 2001. That UF team was CRUSHING people, similar to how bama is this year. We were what, a 3 TD dog even though we were a top 5 team in the country. We had the horses that day, not so much Saturday but I will be watching closely to see how Pruitt has them playing and coaches. That's the primary concern right now.

Thanks for the info. Here's to an injury free game!

They definitely brought their A-game and weren't looking ahead to LSU. Funny how they always have these world beater teams that overlook somebody but it ain't ever us :-/ But I saw some fight in this team and don't see any reason we can't win out. They'll stumble and it'll turn. I live on the Alsbama line and am sick and tired of this but I wear my orange 365 days a year win or lose.

IMO, Bama is the dirtiest program in the history of college football. I hope when Satan's friend retires as president of the NCAA, Alabama will be exposed for the corrupt program they are.

Reactions: volfannbama

VN Store

Back