Baldur's Gate 3

BearCat204

Second Chances
I know it has been in EA for a couple of years, but I grabbed it this week looking forward to the release on the 3rd. Any of you nerds play this?

Please delete ...................didnt notice the other thread I had already created...................derp

I was excited for it at first. loved the one on the PS2. but its been so long in EA I have lost interest and havent been following it

Started.......45 minutes later I am finally done with character creation lol

Is this a game that someone who knows nothing about D&D could enjoy? It looks cool, but I hate playing games where I don’t grasp the world and the story.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time on the old ones, didn't even realize there was another. Will need to have a look

I know absolutely nothing about D&D and really enjoy this. Don’t need to know anything about past games or story.

Nice…my only other hesitation is the turn based combat. I don’t mind it, but sometimes developers get a little overzealous and make turn based combat too complex. Still, the game just looks right up my alley in terms of setting and character design. After talking to a buddy of mine over drinks tonight, I think I’m going to give in and buy it.

Nice…my only other hesitation is the turn based combat. I don’t mind it, but sometimes developers get a little overzealous and make turn based combat too complex. Still, the game just looks right up my alley in terms of setting and character design. After talking to a buddy of mine over drinks tonight, I think I’m going to give in and buy it.
It's complex AF. Its a Larian game and very similar to things they have done in the past like DoS

A good friend of mine told me about how complex a game it is. He played the previous two and told me he heard a lot about this one. It's in my steam wishlist whenever I get the time to play it. I'm finally finishing Cyberpunk 2077 after 3 years of them working out the kinks ,and it's not half bad anymore.

Reactions: BearCat204
A good friend of mine told me about how complex a game it is. He played the previous two and told me he heard a lot about this one. It's in my steam wishlist whenever I get the time to play it. I'm finally finishing Cyberpunk 2077 after 3 years of them working out the kinks ,and it's not half bad anymore.
Yeah I am waiting for the big update before the DLC to go back to it (Cyberpunk)

Reactions: Pennheel
This will give me an excuse to dust off my PS5. I bought it for Ghost of Tsushima and haven’t really touched it since.

I finished Cyberpunk,and just got around to downloading this last night. I'll be playing it later tonight since I'll be out of town. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I decided to buy it.

Is anyone else playing this? After getting used to playing a D&D game, I'm having a blast even with the challenging areas. I'm in the second act and about 35 hours in so far. I'm where you attack Moonrise towers. Still figuring that out slowly but surely.

Been slow rolling it. My only complaint is it likes to crash my computer which has only happened to me once or twice in the past. Had at least 7-8 so far.

Want to play this so bad. A friend of mine has been raving about it. Unfortunately, doesn’t look like it’s coming to Xbox anytime soon.

Reactions: tbh and Pennheel
While I'll be playing Spider-Man 2 in the next couple of weeks so I'm not completely sure,but so far this year, this has to be my game of the year. Getting to Baldurs Gate in Act 3 of the game alone was well worth the 30 hours it took me to get there. There's so many side quests and main missions to keep you occupied that are actually fun to do.

While the characters love stories are a little over the top(I do prefer Shadowheart),their quests and characters are well written. I'm glad I've finally got around to almost beating it after taking a break from it. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: BearCat204
I just keep getting my butt kicked. I can't do ANY of the quest fights. I am trying to explore, and fight, as much as I can; but even small encounters absolutely maul my group. I have tried alternating out different characters but nothing seems to be any better than the rest.

Are the critics saying “80% of your game will be spent watching cut scenes” over exaggerated? I really want to try this out, and I am a huge fan of Witcher 3, Skyrim, divinity os2.

Are the critics saying “80% of your game will be spent watching cut scenes” over exaggerated? I really want to try this out, and I am a huge fan of Witcher 3, Skyrim, divinity os2.
I would say they are exaggerating. unless things get WAY worse later, I would say its maybe 10-15% to the point I am at early in the game. really not that bad considering they are introducing characters and story.

While they are RPGs. Witcher 3 and Skyrim are very different games.

I've considered Div Orig Sin 2. Heard so much about it. But I haven't played a lot of the top down rpgs. I tried Pillars of Eternity a couple years back and the combat killed me. Couldn't beat anyone. Not much of a tutorial that I remember. And it was largely text based. So a ton of reading really small text. Very little voice acting. I stuck with it for 10-15 hours, but gave up eventually. I just never figured out the combat well enough. I think Baldur's Gate 3 is similar playtype to Divinity in that it's top down or fixed camera turn based group combat. Lot of choices/abilities. I watched a "let's play Baldur's Gate 3" on youtube. It looks like a lot of fun and a well made game. I just think I'd b be overwhelmed and lost trying to figure out abilities and combat.

Witcher 3 and Skyrim are nothing like it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back