Backup QB?

Why? He is one play away from being the qb when the season starts. He was 2nd on the depth chart, behind Worley. He was ahead of Dobbs and Ferguson earlier in the Spring. Dobbs has passed him, but the coaches thought that he and Worley were about even, going into the season.

If he can get some meaningful playing time behind an improved line, against a team that is not a dominant defense, he can get some confidence, and play football.

It would be in his interest to transfer to an FCS school where he can be the starter all the time and not just come in from time to time.

It would be in his interest to transfer to an FCS school where he can be the starter all the time and not just come in from time to time.
Maybe he likes the school. Maybe he has a girlfriend in Knoxville. Maybe he likes to fish Lake Loudon. Maybe he likes the Smokey Mountains. Maybe he wants a degree from U.T.

I went to school at U.T., and although I wasn't a college athlete, I wouldn't have wanted to transfer. I like the place.

Reactions: 1 person
What is your source for Peterman going to UTC ?

Peterman has been in Jones' system for 2 years now. It is doubtful that a freshman who has never played a down of SEC football is going to beat out Peterman for the back-up role. Jennings needs a lot of work on his throwing mechanics and Dormady has problems with torn tissue in his labrum.

If you were the actual Vols fan you pretend to be, you would know that Peterman struggles with everything that follows putting on his uniform.

The last meaningful mop up duty peterman got before the bowl game...he looked good. Against fla and uga he got blitzed jail break style on 90% of the snaps because the opposition knew there was blood in the water so to speak. NP is a better qb than most think he is. Id bet my left nut that neither of 5he frosh beat him out for the no2 slot by august. I would like to see all his critics stand there and get hit in the mouth by 2 DTs or more running full steam thru the worst line i have EVER seen my vols put on the field. I am not saying NP is great...but i bet he would be a serviceable SEC qb if he got all th3 first team reps for a while and had a full 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.
JmO TIFWIW. HUBANegas

Reactions: 3 people
If you were the actual Vols fan you pretend to be, you would know that Peterman struggles with everything that follows putting on his uniform.

Disagreeing with your opinion doesn't mean I am not a Vol fan. You still did not answer the question about him transferring to UTC.

The last meaningful mop up duty peterman got before the bowl game...he looked good. Against fla and uga he got blitzed jail break style on 90% of the snaps because the opposition knew there was blood in the water so to speak. NP is a better qb than most think he is. Id bet my left nut that neither of 5he frosh beat him out for the no2 slot by august. I would like to see all his critics stand there and get hit in the mouth by 2 DTs or more running full steam thru the worst line i have EVER seen my vols put on the field. I am not saying NP is great...but i bet he would be a serviceable SEC qb if he got all th3 first team reps for a while and had a full 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.
JmO TIFWIW. HUBANegas

He might be a short term replacement but if Dobbs were to go down for more than a game or two I'd say you would be missing your left nut!

Reactions: 2 people
He might be a short term replacement but if Dobbs were to go down for more than a game or two I'd say you would be missing your left nut!

Yeah its very logical to think that a 4 star 18 yr old kid who has never even taken a college snap will beat out a 4 star 21 year old? Who has 2 full years in CBJs system and has been throwing to his UT receivers everyday for 2 seasons. Hmmmm...

Disagreeing with your opinion doesn't mean I am not a Vol fan. You still did not answer the question about him transferring to UTC.

No...what makes you "not a Vol fan" is that you pull for another team but get on here and pretend otherwise...when you posted as rcvol I suspected Vandy was your allegiance...still trying to determine what it is currently.

Reactions: 3 people
They battle it out during spring. Jennings wins, he's the backup. Dormandy wins, Jennings goes to redshirt or another position. Peterman transfers

Yeah its very logical to think that a 4 star 18 yr old kid who has never even taken a college snap will beat out a 4 star 21 year old? Who has 2 full years in CBJs system and has been throwing to his UT receivers everyday for 2 seasons. Hmmmm...

Yes. Put Peterman behind some solid protection before he's written off. Also, I think that he's more mobile than people realize. Not nearly as slippery as Dobbs is in the open field, but plenty good to take off for 6,7,8 yards if he's ignored.

As far as pocket passing versus mobile/roll out QBs, if the objective is to promote the QB to the NFL then you need pocket passers. But since the objective is to win college football games, you need kids that fit your system. The hurry up game and running QB looks to be a trend that's picking up a lot of momentum in college football. NFL will still need non-running QBs because they are much longer commitments and they must avoid getting hit to be around year after year. Your best NFL QBs aren't necessarily coming from the best college teams.

Am I the only one who has completely had it with QB battles, even if we're just talking about the backup?

Am I the only one who has completely had it with QB battles, even if we're just talking about the backup?

242 days worth of it coming. Actually it's perpetual unless the starter is on a Heisman run, but then it just shifts to the backup.

Am I the only one who thinks we should try to manufacture some extra eligibility for Marlin Lane and let him be the backup? Dude can sling it.

wonder which one gets RS

Assuming Dobbs stays healthy the entire season, and Peterman doesn't transfer, I would like to see both of them red shirt. Neither will get any real playing time or action in 2015 if everything goes well. It would just be a wasted year of eligibility.

Assuming Dobbs stays healthy the entire season, and Peterman doesn't transfer, I would like to see both of them red shirt. Neither will get any real playing time or action in 2015 if everything goes well. It would just be a wasted year of eligibility.
Redshirt Peterman AND Dobbs?

What is your source for Peterman going to UTC ?

Peterman has been in Jones' system for 2 years now. It is doubtful that a freshman who has never played a down of SEC football is going to beat out Peterman for the back-up role. Jennings needs a lot of work on his throwing mechanics and Dormady has problems with torn tissue in his labrum.

From where did your info regarding Dormady having torn tissue in his labrum come? His labarum has been repaired and is doing well last I heard and saw.

From where did your info regarding Dormady having torn tissue in his labrum come? His labarum has been repaired and is doing well last I heard and saw.

He read it on a Vandy fan site.

VN Store

Back