Back to orange pants? According to Pruitt

Sorry but it bugs me that we call ourselves Big ORANGE and then come out wearing all white. Honestly I'd rather go with a truly traditional grey, even a light grey than to continue to watch us look like some star wars characters.

Reactions: 3 people
Is it bad that I want too see Black Uniforms?

Not that crap Kiffin had us wear..... But a nice Nike all black uniform.

I'm just saying I think it'd look nice.

Reactions: 2 people
When I read the title of this thread I thought Pruitt was going to be wearing Dooley's orange pants.

Glad to see it was just another uniform thread after all.

Reactions: 2 people
Loved the white jerseys orange pants combo growing up. Especially the Chuck Webb show. Should be able to accommodate both these and the Stormstroopers.

I want whatever pants cause us to win more games. If that is impossible, then I don't care which color they are.

Reactions: 1 person
I could care less about what they wear as long as long as they come out and play like a football team.

White Jerseys and Orange pants combo rocked. Loved that look, that's what we had on in south bend against Notre Dame in 91. The greatest comeback on the road ever at Notre Dame of all places and on my birthday to boot. GBO!!!!!!

From my angle, it looked good too.

Some of their goal line is growing in Tn because of that game.

These are the best of discussions due their importance.

I like the orange pants. I like the storm troopers and the grays. I've wanted an Orange Chromozome helmet with the same Power T.

It brings me joy to talk about what they will wear almost as much as will they win.

That game led me to believe they could win any game(Andy Kelly was a QB.). The LSU game the week after they lost to UAB(Any team that's has a loss to UAB should never ever beat any Vol team ever. I don't care if it is LSU.) led me to believe we could lose any game(Even a gimmie game.).

We were down to Ky 21-0. I wasn't worried. Then years later a bad call and we lose to Ky.

I'm not sure if it was anger or disgust after the Vandy losses I think I'm up to 5(They are like dog years.)

We are 0-4 in 1st game played against new teams to the SEC since these last two additions.The last time we played any SEC team we lost.

I'm looking forward to this fall. To right some wrongs.

Go Vols!

Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
I want two orange stripes back on the pants. Wouldn't mind seeing Orange helmet with white power T and white stripe for the home uniform once in a while.

I want two orange stripes back on the pants. Wouldn't mind seeing Orange helmet with white power T and white stripe for the home uniform once in a while.

One wide stripe that fades into checker board isn't that bad of a look. I like the checkerboards being incorporated into the uniforms.

The two stipes are a good look too.

I love all of the uniforms when I see them diving into the Checkerboard!

p.s. Bring back the Tear Away Jerseys (& Jimmy Steater).
It was cool seeing a UT guy running down the field with nothing but shoulder pads on(OK, he had pants & a helmet).

White top orange pants is the best Vol look IMO. Odd that we had this huge Nike marketing blitz with all the new Jersey colors. Then never played w OR pants and WT top on the road. Odd.

VN Store

Back