Awaka to the portal

Unless you work for the coaching staff OR the collective you're also spreading false narratives with the statements you're making. What proof do you have that the collective has a set budget?

What SF said confused you, but you seemingly attacked -his- character rather than simply asking for clarification or more context of his statement.
Because every business works with a budget…

Reactions: Volfan1000
Yea let coaches develop you into a good player from mediocre and then bolt. These kids have no appreciation for the work coaches put into their development. The portal simply has created a bunch of kids with a lot of quit in them when things don’t go exactly the way they would like. Bad parenting.

Did you feel the same about Knecht "quitting" and "bolting" from Northern Colorado to come here?

Yea let coaches develop you into a good player from mediocre and then bolt. These kids have no appreciation for the work coaches put into their development. The portal simply has created a bunch of kids with a lot of quit in them when things don’t go exactly the way they would like. Bad parenting.
Hard to blame anyone for finding a better situation (playing time, NIL). The DJ Burns success story is going to add to the desire to leave. Some of these transfers are going to make mistakes. It’s a risky decision. We all go through it in our careers also. Should I stay or should I go?

I didn’t attack his character? I simply said it was false, he clarified his statement after the fact. Not sure why you are getting all up in arms over it. He is not even upset about it lol

He makes a statement that we weren't ready, which isn't a "right or wrong" statement and is 100% subjective. You quote it and say the below, that's an attack on his character.
Folks don’t listen to this guy spew garbage

Last edited:
I understand the frustration, but this isn’t true. Awaka will get starter minutes on a good team, he’s not remotely a mid-major player.
No frustration. Awaka is a good player but he is very limited offensively. He's a very good defender and rebounder but he averages 9 fouls per 40 minutes. He would do well to follow the path set by DJ Burns who went to Elon and honed his skills against mid major teams and became a very good player. Unless he changes the way he plays, he will struggle to stay on the floor against good teams. Not a scoring threat outside of 3' and struggles with fouls and foul shots.

Just take the L, dude

I mean at least have a bit of accountability, seems weird to go in on SF for a pretty open ended statement "we weren't ready" isn't exactly damning the staff or NIL. But because that's just how GoodTime took it suddenly a well respected and long time poster is "spewing garbage" and we shouldn't listen to them?

Last edited:
I don’t want to hash out the entire conversation but there was no other way to interpret what he said without some type of context that was missing, nobody is going to read like 10 pages to figure out the context but the way he conveyed our NIL was not only negative it would have been taken as gospel by the select few and spread as a false narrative.

You guys like Danny White yet his message was pretty clear to the fans (video below) and the last thing we need is false narratives about our NIL being spread because an “insiders” quote could have easily been taken out of context…

You continue to miss the point.

The issue is less about how anyone else can/will interpret his (SF) words, which none of us can control. That should be a collective, "Who cares?"

The issue is with your emotional, reactionary response where you fly off the handle, and launch a full-blown offensive because of how you fear someone may interpret that information. That reactionary response is something you can control.

Ask clarifying questions. Be curious and ask for context. Then, at that point, if you still don't agree, then explain why you feel like the other person's point/words could be reckless. You just routinely go from 0 to 60 in an instant, skip the civil discussion, and most often end up backtracking once you've had the point spelled out in explicit detail, but in the meantime, you come off like the bad guy in nearly every interaction you have with other posters.

You continue to miss the point.

The issue is less about how anyone else can/will interpret his (SF) words, which none of us can control. That should be a collective, "Who cares?"

The issue is with your emotional, reactionary response where you fly off the handle, and launch a full-blown offensive because of how you fear someone may interpret that information. That reactionary response is something you can control.

Ask clarifying questions. Be curious and ask for context. Then, at that point, if you still don't agree, then explain why you feel like the other person's point/words could be reckless. You just routinely go from 0 to 60 in an instant, skip the civil discussion, and most often end up backtracking once you've had the point spelled out in explicit detail, but in the meantime, you come off like the bad guy in nearly every interaction you have with other posters.
How do you know my intent without any form of social cues to go off of?

But the question remains.
What he had said was already clear at least to me.
Was it clear to others? Do I really need to say those posters name who would take that quote out of context and run with it. You guys realize how this board operates and the ppl who continually drive negative crap to get reactions, but yet call out the person not wanting that to happen…

How do you know my intent without any form of social cues to go off of?
Oh, I don't know...I guess because I have a fully-functioning human brain and common sense.

Either your intent is to go off on people, or you aren't heeding your own advice by providing explicit context and detail. There is no middle ground between those two options. Isn't it curious that no one seems to be on your side on this issue while plenty of others are telling you the same thing I am?

I'm not going to go back and forth about it. It's pretty clear you're approach is flawed, so I don't need to belabor the point.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Was it clear to others? Do I really need to say those posters name who would take that quote out of context and run with it. You guys realize how this board operates and the ppl who continually drive negative crap to get reactions, but yet call out the person not wanting that to happen…
Why do you continually feel that's your fight to take on, though?

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I mean the fact that you are asking for praise yourself, when you were the one showing your backside is all the social cue I think anyone needs. And yes, words are social cues too.
Social cues like tone, facial expression etc…plenty of ppl miscommunicate I guess you guys have never had altercations like that? Idk but usually men communicate their differences and reach a resolution without name calling which is what happened so not sure what you guys are upset about?

If you were a player with Awaka's talent and was not getting the playing time he wanted, would you not want to transfer somewhere you could have the opportunity to claymore minutes or even maybe start, what would you do? Few athletes would stay rather than transfer, especially if the HIL was higher. If I am a basketball player, I want to play basketball, not sit on the bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
Why do you continually feel that's your fight to take on, though?
Because insider info taken out of context into a “negative” gets spread all the time and Danny White clearly states that’s not what we wants.

Why does anybody post about anything on a vol message board if that is route you want to take?

Such a bad take. WOW. He has every right to pursue his dream where he wants to. Sorry some fans get so emotional about it.

Because insider info taken out of context into a “negative” gets spread all the time and Danny White clearly states that’s not what we wants.

Why does anybody post about anything on a vol message board if that is route you want to take?

Please stop. Everyone knows you’re wrong and you have no situational awareness. Just let it go and quit cluttering up this thread needlessly.

VN Store

Back