Automobilia etc....

Been driving an 05 TSX for nearly 12 years. I saw this and fell in love. Well I'm not going to post pics yet because it's been raining and I haven't cleaned it up. But it's a 2023 Acura Integra ASpec M6 (previous was M6 as well, it's my preference). Finally pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier. Literally nothing about this vehicle I would change, except maybe a N/A V6 instead of turbo 4 cyl which probably isn't realistic in this day and age.

So my company car is $150/per paycheck, so $300/month.

Decided if I'm losing $300/month might as well put it towards owning something (and I get reimbursed mileage).

Got it for just over $24K OTD. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV

car.jpg

Finally got one of the smaller versions of my dream car, but I finally got a Nissan Skyline. 1994 R33 GTST. 65k miles.

I’ll post pics once I’m done repainting it and once I find out what’s causing the battery to drain while off. Got some work to do, but very happy overall.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
Finally got one of the smaller versions of my dream car, but I finally got a Nissan Skyline. 1994 R33 GTST. 65k miles.

I’ll post pics once I’m done repainting it and once I find out what’s causing the battery to drain while off. Got some work to do, but very happy overall.
Wow! Please do. We need something cool in this thread.

by the way, I went to "RADwood" at Amelia in early March and they had a pretty good turnout of 90's JDM stuff.

For general benefit, there's a huge JDM dealer in our region, just huge. 1000 cars in stock would not be strange at all. It's called Duncan Imports. They have a lot of cool non-Japanese cars for sale usually, but they specialized in importing Nissan Figaros originally. The Figaro is beautifully done, It think. It's a lady's car. Love the white steering wheel for that sort of car.

by the way, I went to "RADwood" at Amelia in early March and they had a pretty good turnout of 90's JDM stuff.

For general benefit, there's a huge JDM dealer in our region, just huge. 1000 cars in stock would not be strange at all. It's called Duncan Imports. They have a lot of cool non-Japanese cars for sale usually, but they specialized in importing Nissan Figaros originally. The Figaro is beautifully done, It think. It's a lady's car. Love the white steering wheel for that sort of car.

Love Duncan’s inventory, they’ve just never been the type to really negotiate prices and I didn’t like that, but their inventory is amazing.

I was looking at the Honda Torneo SiR that they have. Always liked that car, looks like a mix between an old Accord and the Lexus is300 (or Toyota Altezza)

Love me some R33.

I recently bought a car out of state (VA) and this is new to me. I know when you buy from a local dealer they just mail you the tags. Is that not the case when you buy out of state? It's been over a month and I still don't have tags. My drive out tag is expired. Are they just behind or do I need to register this thing myself? I figured I call the dealer tomorrow but thought I'd check here first. @YankeeVol probably has the answers

I recently bought a car out of state (VA) and this is new to me. I know when you buy from a local dealer they just mail you the tags. Is that not the case when you buy out of state? It's been over a month and I still don't have tags. My drive out tag is expired. Are they just behind or do I need to register this thing myself? I figured I call the dealer tomorrow but thought I'd check here first. @YankeeVol probably has the answers
They should have forwarded the appropriate paperwork to the your state.

Stuff happen (not all dealerships are created equal). I’d give them a call and see what their issue is

Been driving an 05 TSX for nearly 12 years. I saw this and fell in love. Well I'm not going to post pics yet because it's been raining and I haven't cleaned it up. But it's a 2023 Acura Integra ASpec M6 (previous was M6 as well, it's my preference). Finally pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier. Literally nothing about this vehicle I would change, except maybe a N/A V6 instead of turbo 4 cyl which probably isn't realistic in this day and age.
Tell me about your old TSX. You had it a long time so it must’ve been good to you.
I just bought a nearly flawless 2014 from a gentleman who was retiring and moving to Florida. It’s my wife’s daily driver. She seems to be happy with it. I’m excited that it has the super reliable K series engine. That should be a pleasant change from her old finicky Mini Countryman.

Attachments

• IMG_3670.jpeg
    IMG_3670.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Tell me about your old TSX. You had it a long time so it must’ve been good to you.
I just bought a nearly flawless 2014 from a gentleman who was retiring and moving to Florida. It’s my wife’s daily driver. She seems to be happy with it. I’m excited that it has the super reliable K series engine. That should be a pleasant change from her old finicky Mini Countryman.
Beautiful cars.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
It was a really good, reliable car. I did make the mistake of not changing the timing chain when it was due and it broke and that was a costly repair, but totally on me. I know it needed it and let it go too long. Lesson learned. Also had to replace the steering rack. It was leaking PS fluid and Acura said they couldn't repair it, but they did give me a deal on a new steering rack. Other than those 2 things, in 12 years it was just tires and brakes and fluid changes, a few suspension parts replacements here and there but nothing major. I think I replaced a wheel bearing and a CV joint.

I actually sold it to a mechanic who had totaled his 06 TSX. He was working on it and told the guys he was interested if I wanted to move on and we worked out a deal. He had been looking for another one. I was glad to sell it to him instead of a teenager who would rag it out. He told me his 06 had almost 300k on the original clutch. Incredible. He said people have him **** for driving an "old beater" but he loved them because they were great cars. Very comfortable, great engines, great M6 tranny, a lot of features for an old car.

One thing about the K series engine is they do tend to consume some oil, especially if you do a lot of interstate driving, so keep a close eye on that. I would typically need to add 1-2 quarts between oil changes, although I'm not really sure if that was an issue in the newer gen ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: SycloneJoe
Looking to get a new vehicle.
Deciding between Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 and Subaru Forester.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

VN Store

Back