Austin Pope has committed!

I guess you cant have enough tight ends. That will make 6 on scholly next year. Pope is a good player, both he and Brooks are probably
looking at redshirt years.

I can't say I know much about this kid. Hopefully he turns out to be a good one. I see where posters have stated he's starting to blow up, but up to this point his offer list isn't all that impressive.

He wasn't on anyone's radar until about three weeks ago, when he absolutely dominated at a camp. Several people who were at the camp suggested UT offer and do so quickly (which they did). Since then, he has picked up an offer from pretty much anywhere he has camped, including several SEC schools.

With Devante Brooks suffering another season-ending injury, the coaches probably felt the need for a second tight end in this class.

I can't say I know much about this kid. Hopefully he turns out to be a good one. I see where posters have stated he's starting to blow up, but up to this point his offer list isn't all that impressive. Where is the rest of the SEC big boys with offers, ya know? Heck, since he's white and homegrown, maybe he's the next Jason Witten.

He is new to the camp circuits. Coaches liked what they saw. He's local and is a kid you want to root for. With the recent injury to our other TE commit, it only makes sense that we pursue another. The timing was perfect. Coaches were on the lookout and Pope was in our backyard. Easy decision...

They've been known to do this with guys like Jakob Johnson, Johnathan Johnson, & Emmanuel Mosely. Its sort of their specialty if you haven't noticed. The coaching staff recognized guys like Von Pearson, Chris Weatherd before the rest which was key to getting them early as well.

Reactions: 3 people
He wasn't on anyone's radar until about three weeks ago, when he absolutely dominated at a camp. Several people who were at the camp suggested UT offer and do so quickly (which they did). Since then, he has picked up an offer from pretty much anywhere he has camped, including several SEC schools.

With Devante Brooks suffering another season-ending injury, the coaches probably felt the need for a second tight end in this class.

Assuming Brooks was briefed beforehand and is okay with it, I think it's a great move. It's a small class, but it's better to stock up now rather than find yourself in a hole in 2017 when Wolf potentially leaves for the NFL.

Pope is one of many commits who have camped and earned offers. Once CBJ offered, all the others followed suit. Pope's performance a the camps has now gotten everyone's attention. Glad he is going to be a Vol. With Brooks injury, this give the coverage so that Brooks can redshirt. Brooks and Pope's commitment is looking like the double of Helm and Wolf. We need that.

This kid has really been through the grinder losing his Dad and moving to K'town and all.

Still he kept his grades up, stayed focused and made himself a better player.

I have to root for this kid to really do well after suffering so much.

May God continue to bless and comfort you and your family young man.

WELCOME to Big Orange country!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
UT can kiss their donation from me goodbye until we quit recruiting three stars!

Can't wait for basketball season!

Sure glad you're not our coach. I'm sure it's only the stars that matter as to whether the player is worth a crap or not. Performance doesn't matter, only the stars. I'm pretty sure the estimation (stars) are only that, a prediction, not an absolute fact as to how the person will perform.

Sure glad you're not our coach. I'm sure it's only the stars that matter as to whether the player is worth a crap or not. Performance doesn't matter, only the stars. I'm pretty sure the estimation (stars) are only that, a prediction, not an absolute fact as to how the person will perform.

Golf, better find the blue font.

Like the highlights. Especially like the way he plays with power. Hopefully they can put a lot of muscle on him.

VN Store

Back