Austin peay on direct tv?

You can use the WatchESPN app on Xbox because your ISP carries WatchESPN support, not because you're an Xbox live Gold subscriber.

As for the VIPbox suggestion, if you go this route, be sure you get your spyware up to date, watch out for popups, and don't download anything it asks you to.

You have to have the Gold Membership for ESPN3. Yes your ISP has to support it and most do now unless you have a small market ISP.

Last edited:
I have yet to eclipse 100 posts, so I can't open threads. I would really like to see someone open a thread that lists the local places around Knoxville that will be showing the game.

I know there are usually several sports bars that will show the PPV game. I think Ray's ESG will probably show it and maybe Hooter's?

Anyone know of any other places around the Greater Knoxville area where we can watch the game?

You have to have the Gold Membership for ESPN3. WatchEspn is different. Yes your ISP has to support it and most do now unless you have a small market ISP.

I'm very aware. I am a gold subscriber and my only internet option is Metrocast, which does not provide WatchESPN access.

And they are not different. Espn3 is a channel supported only through WatchESPN.

I'm very aware. I am a gold subscriber and my only internet option is Metrocast, which does not provide WatchESPN access.

And they are not different. Espn3 is a channel supported only through WatchESPN.

Correct.:good!:

I have yet to eclipse 100 posts, so I can't open threads. I would really like to see someone open a thread that lists the local places around Knoxville that will be showing the game.

I know there are usually several sports bars that will show the PPV game. I think Ray's ESG will probably show it and maybe Hooter's?

Anyone know of any other places around the Greater Knoxville area where we can watch the game?

Not being rude, but Why in the world would you be in Knoxville and not go to the game?

Reactions: 5 people
TAMUVOLS12-Kind of a long story but I grew up in Chattanooga and have been a vol fan my whole life and always will be. My wife is from Texas and after high school I did 4 years in the marines and basically I followed her to A&M. She was accepted when I was in the usmc and I owed her for following me around during the marines. It was hard but I ended up embracing A&M and I don't care what anyone says I have a reason to have loyalty to two teams. Sorry the long response[/QUOTE]

Thank for your service and good for the two of you. Just keep on being a Vol fan and don't forget your roots. What are you going to do when the Vols play A&M? Tension in the house? LOL.

I bought an XBox360 a couple of years ago and purchased the Gold Membership and can watch ESPN3 on my TV via the XBox. Also streams Netflix and Youtube really well. One of the best investments I ever made for entertainment. Video quality is really good.

Will it be on the watch ESPN app?

It should be, and as long as you're outside the blackout region you'll be able to watch it there. Typically espn posts their blackouts online around Tuesday of game week.

THANKS!!! I had NO idea this App EXISTED!!! I've had Xbox live for years!!!

I've been using it to chat with my brother while playing Gears of War. I had no idea I could use it to watch football!!!!

:rock:

But what is a blackout region?

ANY place in Knoxville with a TV will show it

TAMUVOLS12-Kind of a long story but I grew up in Chattanooga and have been a vol fan my whole life and always will be. My wife is from Texas and after high school I did 4 years in the marines and basically I followed her to A&M. She was accepted when I was in the usmc and I owed her for following me around during the marines. It was hard but I ended up embracing A&M and I don't care what anyone says I have a reason to have loyalty to two teams. Sorry the long response

Thank for your service and good for the two of you. Just keep on being a Vol fan and don't forget your roots. What are you going to do when the Vols play A&M? Tension in the house? LOL.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, thanks. Lol I guess I will go hide somewhere, it wasn't too much of an issue when I was at A&M cause they were in the big12

It should be, and as long as you're outside the blackout region you'll be able to watch it there. Typically espn posts their blackouts online around Tuesday of game week.

If u have ESPN app don't u have to have directtv for it to work.....I have dish and don't believe it works

Anywhere that has a TV

If u have ESPN app don't u have to have directtv for it to work.....I have dish and don't believe it works

It's not based off of your tv provider, it's pulled from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

I have DirecTV for TV and MetroCast for Internet (my only non-DSL option), but because MetroCast does not provide WatchESPN access, I cannot stream WatchESPN by conventional means on any device (iPhone, iPad, pc, laptop, or Xbox).

However, my mother is still outside of Nashville and has U-Verse. Using her login info, I am able to access all of the WatchESPN content.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back