Auriemma is SUCH a DOUCHE!!!!

It's Integrity. You either know how to spell it or you don't.

Another classic, surgical precision hatvol post.

I live in Connecticut, and root for all Vols teams, but seriously, does having a recruit visit ESPN headquarters really bother you all this much??

Whoopdy damn do, i've built alot of the interior fiber optic structure there, and am there 2 or 3 times a year, and see all the "Big Names" the folks here are connecting to the vast UConn conspiracy every time i go, and it's all garbage.

The feeling seems to be since that Geno is crass and Italian, he must be a total scumbag, and worked with the 5 families to get recruits into ESPN HQ, theres nothing to see or do there. However, there isn't much to do in the state, so why not go to ESPN and check it out, im sure it is more interesting to female recruits than the whaling or ocean racing museums.

I live in Connecticut, and root for all Vols teams, but seriously, does having a recruit visit ESPN headquarters really bother you all this much??

Whoopdy damn do, i've built alot of the interior fiber optic structure there, and am there 2 or 3 times a year, and see all the "Big Names" the folks here are connecting to the vast UConn conspiracy every time i go, and it's all garbage.

The feeling seems to be since that Geno is crass and Italian, he must be a total scumbag, and worked with the 5 families to get recruits into ESPN HQ, theres nothing to see or do there. However, there isn't much to do in the state, so why not go to ESPN and check it out, im sure it is more interesting to female recruits than the whaling or ocean racing museums.

Apparently, Geno must have done something more crass... maybe he had been talking behind Pat's back or insulting her. Or maybe he was paying some recruits or whatever. I don't know. But whatever it was, it hasn't done anything to help UConn win titles... so I don't see why it wouldn't be fun to beat the crap out of UConn even if they have a squad full of cheaters (allegedly).

ITS CALLED RULES and the NCAA has said that it is illegal. Anyone can go there but the school CANNOT be involved in anyway for a recruit. That is just the obvious rules violation for that school. There were others.

As for those continually whining that UT doesn't play UCheat and want it restarted. It may happen but Pat Summitt will not be coaching UT, so I would say that series is dead for a very long time. Get over it, it hasn't hurt UT or WCBB, the New Beast in the East is Rising and UT does play them.

Last edited:
I think Pat just really dislikes Geno and his abrasive, rude, smug attitude. She found a legitimate reason to drop the guy like a bad habit, and she did. He can express all the sour grapes in the world he wants, but if he wasn't such an a-hole they'd probably still be playing. You have to earn respect to get respect, and Geno has done nothing to do so. Pat can do whatever she pleases.

I think Pat just really dislikes Geno and his abrasive, rude, smug attitude. She found a legitimate reason to drop the guy like a bad habit, and she did. He can express all the sour grapes in the world he wants, but if he wasn't such an a-hole they'd probably still be playing. You have to earn respect to get respect, and Geno has done nothing to do so. Pat can do whatever she pleases.

Based off of that, Fulmer should have petitioned the SEC to never allow us to play Florida back in the days of Spurrier or now that Florida has Meyer. Both of these guys are smug, arrogant SOB's... and no coach should have to tolerate the type of abuse and heckling that Fulmer receives from these guys.

There is more to it and Geno knows exactly because he was told in no uncertain terms why. He doesn't want to tell and that's his problem but he knows and the reasons were legit.

Pat was right to quit playing UCheat. Sorry, but it was the right choice.

There is more to it and Geno knows exactly because he was told in no uncertain terms why. He doesn't want to tell and that's his problem but he knows and the reasons were legit.

Pat was right to quit playing UCheat. Sorry, but it was the right choice.

What were the reasons?

Based off of that, Fulmer should have petitioned the SEC to never allow us to play Florida back in the days of Spurrier or now that Florida has Meyer. Both of these guys are smug, arrogant SOB's... and no coach should have to tolerate the type of abuse and heckling that Fulmer receives from these guys.

I can see how you made that comparison since one is mandated by the conf and one was an optional series. You'll sure scare the crows away with that argument

I can see how you made that comparison since one is mandated by the conf and one was an optional series. You'll sure scare the crows away with that argument

And realizing that one is mandated, that is why I inserted the "Fulmer should have petitioned the SEC" statement.

Oh please, you're comparison doesn't work at all. Everyone here realizes how pointless it would be to petition to stop playing someone in your own conference. UConn is an optional out-of-conference opponent, and as such, Pat can terminate that series whenever she pleases for whatever reason she wants.

Oh please, you're comparison doesn't work at all. Everyone here realizes how pointless it would be to petition to stop playing someone in your own conference. UConn is an optional out-of-conference opponent, and as such, Pat can terminate that series whenever she pleases for whatever reason she wants.

he realizes it too. he's just trolling in this thread and you guys are letting him do it by responding to whatever ridiculous thing he comes up with next.

ITS CALLED RULES and the NCAA has said that it is illegal. Anyone can go there but the school CANNOT be involved in anyway for a recruit. That is just the obvious rules violation for that school. There were others.

As for those continually whining that UT doesn't play UCheat and want it restarted. It may happen but Pat Summitt will not be coaching UT, so I would say that series is dead for a very long time. Get over it, it hasn't hurt UT or WCBB, the New Beast in the East is Rising and UT does play them.

Hey Dummy, answer me this.

Last time i checked, UConn didn't get the death penalty or anything for the ESPN visit. You act as if Geno wrote a check to Maya Moore every week or something.

It was a minor violation, one that many schools are guilty of each year, and recieve the nominal "you should know better" slap on the wrist.

I don't see why you are so hung up on this issue, unless it is a jealousy thing that Maya Moore is at UConn and not Knoxville. Sure, i'd love to have her at UT, but i'm pretty sure that the trip to ESPN didn't close the deal.

Give it the heck up, you're making an ass of yourself.

Hey Dummy, answer me this.

Last time i checked, UConn didn't get the death penalty or anything for the ESPN visit. You act as if Geno wrote a check to Maya Moore every week or something.

It was a minor violation, one that many schools are guilty of each year, and recieve the nominal "you should know better" slap on the wrist.

I don't see why you are so hung up on this issue, unless it is a jealousy thing that Maya Moore is at UConn and not Knoxville. Sure, i'd love to have her at UT, but i'm pretty sure that the trip to ESPN didn't close the deal.

Give it the heck up, you're making an ass of yourself.

Maybe the best post of the entire thread.

Maybe the best post of the entire thread.

I'm still curious as to what else Geno did that warranted such a reaction from Pat. Obviously, Vol67 knows something (or has heard something) that leads him to believe the right action was taken. I would just be curious to know what he has heard. Surely, it can't just be this measly visit or some other minor violation in the Maya Moore case. I mean, we're talking about small potatoes from what has been brought out so far. Nothing that warrants not playing UConn. Heck, I've heard allegations that he may have been talking behind her back or whatever... even with that, that ain't no reason to cancel the series.

With somebody like that, wouldn't you want to beat their eyes shut on the basketball court and settle the crap on the field of play... or run and hide and take you ball home like Pat did?

I'm still curious as to what else Geno did that warranted such a reaction from Pat. Obviously, Vol67 knows something (or has heard something) that leads him to believe the right action was taken. I would just be curious to know what he has heard. Surely, it can't just be this measly visit or some other minor violation in the Maya Moore case. I mean, we're talking about small potatoes from what has been brought out so far. Nothing that warrants not playing UConn. Heck, I've heard allegations that he may have been talking behind her back or whatever... even with that, that ain't no reason to cancel the series.

With somebody like that, wouldn't you want to beat their eyes shut on the basketball court and settle the crap on the field of play... or run and hide and take you ball home like Pat did?

I've been trying to dig up that clip of Geno a couple of months ago. The one where he wants to know why Pat tells reporters to ask Geno why. He's like why does she say "Geno Knows", Pat knows also.

Video from the Hartford Courant -- Courant.com

This explains why I like Geno so much. He tells it like it is. In my opinion, Pat backed out. She found an excuse to stop the series vs. UCONN. I sure won't lose a minute's sleep over a women's basketball game.

If Geno wasn't already a butthead I'm sure Pat wouldn't have been looking for "excuses." Minor violations are still violations, and it probably rubbed Pat the wrong way that UConn was using ESPN to their advantage. They were both going after her, so it made Pat mad.

VN Store

Back