Auburn to plant new trees at Toomers Corner

I take you donated nothing but I see you taking credit for those who did

If you'd read thru the thread (which has yet to hit 30 posts) you would have seen that I did, in fact, donate to Tide for Toomer's.

But you didn't answer the question you quoted. How am I associated with the destruction of the property?

If you'd read thru the thread (which has yet to hit 30 posts) you would have seen that I did, in fact, donate to Tide for Toomer's.

But you didn't answer the question you quoted. How am I associated with the destruction of the property?

So... How much did you donate?

So... How much did you donate?

I donated $20.00. And I'll even tell you why I chose to do so, so that it doesn't sound like I'm even attempting to paint myself as a good person.

I donated in May of '11. Tide for Toomer's gave more than the $50,000.00 they gave in March of that year, but I couldn't tell you how much. But it doesn't matter anyway.

I gave after spending several days helping the clean up effort following the tornado in Tuscaloosa. There was a huge group of Auburn fans, calling themselves Toomer's for Tuscalooosa in reference to the Tide group, donating time and supplies. It was a really amazing reminder of what matters. There is no comparison between the loss of human lives and the loss of trees, but it struck me that those trees were meaningful to others, whether I could personally relate to them or not. So I jumped on PayPal and gave a little.

Reactions: 2 people
So who's covering the rest of the $1,950,000.00 required to replace the trees.

Either the school or donors.

You seem to think that Bama fans bear some sort of collective responsibility to chip in a large portion of that. Can you explain why you think so?

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure why we're dogging this. The trees are akin to the Rock at UT (though you can't replace the rock)

If a multi millionaire totaled your car and give you 500 bucks, you'd be slightly disappointed

The analogy you made doesn't work with this situation, though.

That would make Updyke the multi-millionaire wrecking the car, as well as the man who paid only $500 of the cost. (And I don't think he got off that easy.)

VN Store

Back