Auburn @ Kentucky Thursday Oct 15 6pm

The biggest example of the difference in perception between Tennessee and Kentucky is that when Kentucky loses a close game it's viewed as a positive. Their coach is doing a great job (even while fielding a punt return unit with 8 players and running the ball with no timeouts and 50 seconds left to play while trailing by 3 points) and they are up and coming. When Tennessee loses a close game it's because they choked and it's terrible coaching.

Btw, Barnett was much more of a factor against Georgia and finally recorded a sack. I'm not sure what his problem has been to this point but the pass rush should be fine. Georgia's offense accounted for only 17 points.

Certainly not calling Stoops a sideline genius....but Jones has proven at this point that he's borderline incompetent when it comes to managing a game. After beating Georgia last week, I believe Jones recorded his first win at Tennessee in 11 or 12 games when trailing at the half ....and we all know how the team has done/finished under Jones the last 2 years when they've built a respectable 4th quarter lead. Until further notice, it's safe to say that Tennessee goes into each game with a disadvantage in game management at the head coach "position".

As far as Barnett, it was indeed nice to see him record a sack last week. Hopefully, he'll return to his 2014 form soon in terms of producing TFLs and sacks.

Finally, while the defense did play well at times, they still gave up way too many big plays, including the dropped pass that would've tied the game late and would've significantly added to their 440+ plus yards and their 7.2 yards per play.

KY fans should be happy with what they see and I do not mean that with any condescension. You have some great talented sprinkled here and there and above average coaching. You'll upset people on that trajectory.

VN Store

Back