Atlanta Braves Thread - The "John Hart/ John Coppollela da real MVPs" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinks it's an engrained thing over countless years. I don't know if we can understand it fully.

Black people aren't given the opportunities whites are, I think that's a given. Add in the poverty factor, and the only way out is through crime and violence.

I think, rather than "adding in" the poverty/socioeconomic factor, that is probably where the discussion should start. Although it might quickly lead into a discussion of the situations faced by minorities.

I would also take issue with the "only way out" statement. I do not think crime and violence are ways out.
Crime may be a way to get by, certainly. Violence may be a way to gain notoriety in the face of feeling irrelevant. Especially when these approaches are rampant in the community and the legitimacy of law/law enforcement is essentially a joke.

But they aren't "ways out" of the situation, and they certainly aren't THE way out of the situation.

Reactions: 3 people
Thread can prolly be nuked now.

Unless verc wants my post to start the new thread so we can continue this discussion and fix the world.

My local channel is showing alternate programming, I assume because national broadcast, and the national broadcast is showing alternate programming, I assume because the local broadcast.

**** this

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back