Assassin's Creed Origins

So I finished Origins 100%, including all DLC.

Overall it's a pretty good game, maybe even great. I like Baylek and I generally like the story as an origin for the Assassin's , though based on the parts I remember of the story this all seems like somewhat of a retcon. Then again the story is 10 years old now across about 10 games, so who knows if the story is even straight anymore.

My gripes are:

1) Controls - I've given up on expecting the controls to ever be really good. I mean they aren't terrible but after all these games, they STILL feel clunky to me. Like past games, Bayek just wouldn't do what I was trying to get him to do, mostly when climbing.

2) Bugs - not as bad as Unity or AC3, but for me I experienced more bugs in this than Syndicate. My game (Xbox One) crashed almost 15 times. Now I didn't experience as many graphical glitches and unlike many, none of my achievements glitched. But after taking 2 years to get this one out, I was disappointed that it still had bad techincal problems.

3) The DLC - specifically Curse of the Pharaohs. So the whole thing about religion and things like that in this storyline is that religious leaders use Pieces of Eden to make people think they have powers and can do miralces, etc. But in this DLC...Bayek actually goes to the afterlife? Do what?

VN Store

Back