Ask Behr anything food related thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behr, I’m living out of a hotel for three months. All I have is a crock pot and two eye burners for cooking. I used the crock pot for pulled pork. It came out better than expected, but next time I want to try liquid smoke. Any suggestions on brand, when and how much to add?

don't forget the Dr Pepper:)

Reactions: 1 person
So, basting the skin of a whole hog/piglet with Dr. Pepper or Coca Cola is a in-the-smoker thing. One does not DP crockpot pork.

My opinion...

What's a good wine to go with aged roadkilled armadillo?

cheap-red-wine.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
In the early '80s, I'm riding in the car with a buddy of mine, headed to a party at a farmhouse. He flushes quail from the roadside and hits one. He stops, pulls it out of the grill, and tosses it onto the floorboards. We arrive at the party, he tells the tale, and proceeds to clean the quail, cook it over the coals, and eat it...

Wish he'd had 1/2 dozen stuck in the front grill. He might have shared some.

In the early '80s, I'm riding in the car with a buddy of mine, headed to a party at a farmhouse. He flushes quail from the roadside and hits one. He stops, pulls it out of the grill, and tosses it onto the floorboards. We arrive at the party, he tells the tale, and proceeds to clean the quail, cook it over the coals, and eat it...

Wish he'd had 1/2 dozen stuck in the front grill. He might have shared some.

Should have laid it on the manifold and cooked it on the way there

So, I've posted before about the missus aversion to hot peppers. I need to adapt a recipe for jalapeno & cheese cornbread to something she might eat. What think you of the idea of substituting some of my homegrown & fire-roasted sweet peppers and switching the cheese from cubes of colby-jack & cheddar to a blend of milled Parmesan, Pecorino, and Gruyere, Behr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back