Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I've never eaten any, but I love crawdads
I like King Crab way better, but lobster is very good. Just a personal preference.

Its definitely worth trying. Next time your market has a sale or special on live ones, get one. They're easy to cook, after you kill it. Lulz. That's the part I still don't like. Most just drop it in boiling water and listen to them scream....I don't, they say it doesn't hurt them but I really don't give a chit what they say, it sure fawk sounds like it so it might well be. Lol.

I use the pithing method, which ain't much better, but at least they don't scream. That's just driving a sharp knife through their head between the eyes and into the brain.

Some will put them in the freezer for about a half hour to relax them and put them to sleep, and now I guess they're getting them stoned first. Meh, just do it and get it over with.

Stoned Lobster.

Member the hippies on the Beverly Hillbillies that wanted Granny to smoke some crawdads with'em. Lol

Crawdads and lobsters should only be boiled live. No straight tails. It’s a shellfish and love all of god creatures but you got to eat and their is plenty of them. Food chain.
I love Publix fresh lobsters and I’ve even special ordered live crawfish for a boil.
I’m with you nothing beats king crab 🦀 or even snow crab. They’ll steam them for you at Publix with Old bay. Put them on the kitchen island under 30 of their circulars. 3-4 pounds with butter and lemon. Delicious

Reactions: malinoisvol
Damn! That girl in the first post. Damn!

Pro Tip: Put them lobsters in some Bath Salts and they kill themselves.

Reactions: Behr
King Crab Legs>>>>>>>>>>> better than all other seafood, IMO.

And, they are the preferred food of FSU QBs. :p

Crawdads and lobsters should only be boiled live. No straight tails. It’s a shellfish and love all of god creatures but you got to eat and their is plenty of them. Food chain.
I love Publix fresh lobsters and I’ve even special ordered live crawfish for a boil.
I’m with you nothing beats king crab 🦀 or even snow crab. They’ll steam them for you at Publix with Old bay. Put them on the kitchen island under 30 of their circulars. 3-4 pounds with butter and lemon. Delicious

Why? Who says?

While Topside is googling that, it is best to cook the lobster live rather than killing it and waiting a while, but immediately after killing it is said to be the best method because boiling it live causes it to tense up and become tougher than using the pithing method.

Tifwiw.

While Topside is googling that, it is best to cook the lobster live rather than killing it and waiting a while, but immediately after killing it is said to be the best method because boiling it live causes it to tense up and become tougher than using the pithing method.

Tifwiw.
Lobster meat is tough anyway but you don’t do that with crawfish. You’re the expert. Gulf or Maine lobster with claws.

Reactions: Behr
Damn! That girl in the first post. Damn!

Pro Tip: Put them lobsters in some Bath Salts and they kill themselves.
Tide pods ftw

I keep trying to like crawfish, but I can't get past the appearance.
cray.gif
Yes, I am a weenie. Cleaning shrimp is enough of a challenge.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Tide pods ftw

I keep trying to like crawfish, but I can't get past the appearance.
cray.gif
Yes, I am a weenie. Cleaning shrimp is enough of a challenge.
The first time we had them was at a restaurant in Shreeveport. A longtime friend of mine had taken us out and showed us how to eat them. My wife watched intently as he broke that little sucker in half. He pulled out the tail meat with his teeth. He then placed abdomen up to his mouth and sucked out the other innards. He told her the head is the best part and to be sure she didn't bypass that delicacy. We snickered all night watching her suck the heads of them crawdads. Lol

They are good eating.

Reactions: joevol33
The first time we had them was at a restaurant in Shreeveport. A longtime friend of mine had taken us out and showed us how to eat them. My wife watched intently as he broke that little sucker in half. He pulled out the tail meat with his teeth. He then placed abdomen up to his mouth and sucked out the other innards. He told her the head is the best part and to be sure she didn't bypass that delicacy. We snickered all night watching her suck the heads of them crawdads. Lol

They are good eating.
Maybe I should try it blindfolded. I keep flashing to Men in Black.

Love shrimp, crab, scallops, lobster, finned fish. Underwhelmed by mussels, oysters etc.

Maybe I should try it blindfolded. I keep flashing to Men in Black.

Love shrimp, crab, scallops, lobster, finned fish. Underwhelmed by mussels, oysters etc.
I'm with ya on the mussels and oysters. I used to like fried oysters and scallops. Haven't had them in a long time, tho.

Pan full of little neck clams steaming in garlic and white wine garlic butter with a side if fresh bread for dipping You better shut yo damn mouffuses!!!!!

Pan full of little neck clams steaming in garlic and white wine garlic butter with a side if fresh bread for dipping You better shut yo damn mouffuses!!!!!
I'd try it, but, I ain't seen it on the McDonald's menu.

VN Store

Back