Aside From Recruiting, What Should CJP Focus On First After Tonight?

Going to Gatlinburg and eating a breakfast skillet meal at Crockett's Breakfast Camp. He has to be absorbed into our culture. Then maybe he can buy some junk at Rebel Corner and then play Hillbilly Golf

Reactions: 2 people
Going to Gatlinburg and eating a breakfast skillet meal at Crockett's Breakfast Camp. He has to be absorbed into our culture. Then maybe he can buy some junk at Rebel Corner and then play Hillbilly Golf

Is there something in his contract about dying of heart failure?

heck, just look who's visiting this weekend for the 18 and 19 classes........

this is from the RF, but you got 2 bonafide 4* top 100 players for the 18 class in town this weekend, and an outstanding crop of 19 prospects (all 4 and 5* kids) coming to check it out.

just getting kids like this on campus this early is at least a sign that some kids are definitely willing to listen with Pruitt here. combine that with what we already have in place, and it's plug and play to get great talent and be a contender sooner than later. still, has to get them to sign...but....again, i think this is a good sign.

Someone had the same idea as me, but did much better formatting. Thanks

Mods please merge or delete my thread

For this upcoming weekend

Class of 2018
GA OLB JJ Peterson (UT Commit)
GA OLB Quay Walker
CA WR Geordon Porter
LA CB Eddie Smith

Class of 2019

GA OLB Owen Pappoe
WV OT Darnell Wright
GA OLB Kevin Harris
GA RB/ATH Ronald Thompkins
GA OT Wanya Morris
GA S Jaylen McCoullough
GA S Jayln Phillips

Reactions: 1 person
Don't necessarily need a mobile QB. If you look at USC, Darnold wasn't quick, but a lot of Helton's playcalling and playbook had quite a bit of rolling pocket passing. Essentially, Helton needs the Kiffin playbook that worked wonders with Crompton.

However, I am not so worried about offensive line. At the end of the day, we've recruited a lot of talented players on the offensive line. Just because they haven't been developed, that doesn't mean the talent went away. I truly am not worried about our line because we have a quality OC that know how run an offense based on strengths and weaknesses.

Tee Martin calls the plays at USC (see below.) Helton’s only true OC (play calling) experience appears to have been at WKU 2014-2015.

Wolf: USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin accepts criticism – Daily News

National ranking for WKU with Helton as OC:

2014 - Rushing offense finished 69th in FBS. Passing offense finished 2nd in FBS.

2015 - Rushing offense finished 90th in FBS. Passing offense finished 4th in FBS.

Hopefully he’ll focus more on the run for us!

Tee Martin calls the plays at USC (see below.) Helton’s only true OC (play calling) experience appears to have been at WKU 2014-2015.

Wolf: USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin accepts criticism – Daily News

National ranking for WKU with Helton as OC:

2014 - Rushing offense finished 69th in FBS. Passing offense finished 2nd in FBS.

2015 - Rushing offense finished 90th in FBS. Passing offense finished 4th in FBS.

Hopefully he’ll focus more on the run for us!

Did you actually read this article?

They all called plays and it's tough on black QB's in the south. BS article.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel that the first thing Coach Jeremy Pruitt should focus on is LoS play. We got pushed around at the LoS last year on both sides of the ball. As a result, we were winless in the SEC, a LoS league, which is completely unacceptable.

Below are two major issues that stem from last year's poor LoS play:

1. Since the OL couldn't block, the QB and RB play suffered.

2. DL got some push up front, but could not sustain that push over 60 minutes due to offense not being able to keep them off the field.

This is where I feel CJP needs to focus first. If he can improve our OL, I expect to see QB and RB play improve significantly and, as a result, significantly improve our offense. Also, if our offense improves, our defense will improve as well.

What are your thoughts?

First? Finalizing his staff. In fact, that is more important than recruiting at the moment.

The next important thing is evaluations. He probably hasn't had much time to study film and interview the holdover players, but he needs to really give them his expectations and figure out who is really buying in.

All the major issues you were talking about can't really be addressed until spring practice. Now is the critical time to figure out what is on his plate. If it is asparagus, at least he now knows what that is.

Hate to say it, but I have never eaten there. Is it really worth the stop?

....and of course, like anyone else rescued from a dangerous delusional cult, there are the mandatory daily deprogramming sessions to be attended

VN Store

Back