Around the SEC

SEC has a chance to finish off a massive failure tomorrow.

A&M desperately needs to punch their ticket

200k is a lot of money and like I said Austin TX is far more desirable than Gainesville.

Austin is a neat town. I've had the opportunity to visit it twice but only for 24 hrs or less each time. Maybe it's the Floridian in me but I love Gainesville; just despise the school that resides there.

Austin is a neat town. I've had the opportunity to visit it twice but only for 24 hrs or less each time. Maybe it's the Floridian in me but I love Gainesville; just despise the school that resides there.

You've got to be kidding me. UF is the only redeeming quality of Gainesville. Aside from that campus the town is a complete and utter smelly dump.

You've been there right? Serious question. Aside from attending UT, you grew up a Gator right?

Reactions: 1 person
You've got to be kidding me. UF is the only redeeming quality of Gainesville. Aside from that campus the town is a complete and utter smelly dump.

You've been there right? Serious question. Aside from attending UT, you grew up a Gator right?

I love campus, I don't like the athletics is what I was referring to. I grew up a UT fan so I despised UF as a kid, which is why I chose to pass on the in-state tuition and not attend, despite loving campus. Yes, I've been to Gainesville; more times than I can recall.

Reactions: 1 person
I love campus, I don't like the athletics is what I was referring to. I grew up a UT fan so I despised UF as a kid, which is why I chose to pass on the in-state tuition and not attend, despite loving campus. Yes, I've been to Gainesville; more times than I can recall.

You lost me. You said you love Gainesville but despise the school but them say you love the campus.

It's no problem if you grew up a Gator but converted. I'm not questioning your fandom. I fully think you're a UT fan. Just would explain a lot of your conversation in Florida related threads if you began your life rooting for UF.

You lost me. You said you love Gainesville but despise the school but them say you love the campus.

It's no problem if you grew up a Gator but converted. I'm not questioning your fandom. I fully think you're a UT fan. Just would explain a lot of your conversation in Florida related threads if you began your life rooting for UF.

I hate the school in the sense of athletics; I thought I clarified that. I'm not a fan of UF sports so I couldn't bring myself to go there despite enjoying the city and campus. Maybe I put too much emphasis on sports and chose to spend $100k on out of state tuition rather than save a ton of money and just go to UF. I've never been a fan of UF and thus had no desire to attend school there. My mother is from Knoxville and my dad attended a small college with no football so when he married my mom he found "his team". UT is all I've known since 1985. Oddly enough, my mom came down with 3-4 other teachers from east TN so we had several UT families in our town of 5k people, 14 hours from Knoxville.

I'm not sure what I talk about in other threads, regarding UF, that would lead to me appearing as a former fan. Most of my friends attended UF and I've spent more time in Gainesville than any other college town, outside of my two alma maters, so I'm more familiar with what goes on there than other places.

Last edited:
I hate the school in the sense of athletics; I thought I clarified that. I'm not a fan of UF sports so I couldn't bring myself to go there despite enjoying the city and campus. Maybe I put too much emphasis on sports and chose to spend $100k on out of state tuition rather than save a ton of money and just go to UF. I've never been a fan of UF and thus had no desire to attend school there. My mother is from Knoxville and my dad attended a small college with no football so when he married my mom he found "his team". UT is all I've known since 1985. Oddly enough, my mom came down with 3-4 other teachers from east TN so we had several UT families in our town of 5k people, 14 hours from Knoxville.

I'm not sure what I talk about in other threads, regarding UF, that would lead to me appearing as a former fan. Most of my friends attended UF and I've spent more time in Gainesville than any other college town, outside of my two alma maters, so I'm more familiar with what goes on there than other places.

I guess I was curious. You didn't have to explain yourself but did. I appreciate that. I too love Florida. From coast to coast but there are areas I find no substance to. Bradenton, Gainesville, Lauderhill to name a few.

I was confused by your comments earlier. Go Vols BG!

I guess I was curious. You didn't have to explain yourself but did. I appreciate that. I too love Florida. From coast to coast but there are areas I find no substance to. Bradenton, Gainesville, Lauderhill to name a few.

I was confused by your comments earlier. Go Vols BG!

I think old Bradenton is neat and I absolutely love Anna Maria. My best friend's family owned a condo and duplex, one side of which wasn't rented out, on Anna Maria so we spent a lot of time in the summers on that island. Best burger you'll ever eat is at Skinny's on Holmes Beach; so greasy it tries to squirt out of your hand.

I think old Bradenton is neat and I absolutely love Anna Maria. My best friend's family owned a condo and duplex, one side of which wasn't rented out, on Anna Maria so we spent a lot of time in the summers on that island. Best burger you'll ever eat is at Skinny's on Holmes Beach; so greasy it tries to squirt out of your hand.

I don't consider either of those places Bradenton any more than I consider St Armand's or longboat key Sarasota

Kendall Rogers
@KendallRogersD1: TRANSFER NEWS: Though #LSU could not confirm, I’m told that LHP Jake Latz is leaving the program. 90-93 lefty w/ potential when healthy.

VN Store

Back