Arizona vs Oregon thread...

They have had an o-line player go down pretty much every game. Had to shift guys around and start freshmen. I think we see a couple more losses with them this year.

That is bad luck. I agree on the losses. I'm curious to see how their fan base reacts

That is bad luck. I agree on the losses. I'm curious to see how their fan base reacts

Yeah I think they have lost their top 3 tackles a guard and their top couple DT's as well. Just awful luck and if anyone can attest to the growing pains of a new/patchwork O-line its us

With disdain. :hi:

Clearly UO wanted to maintain what Kelly started by hiring within, but Helfrich was really nothing more than a bookkeeper in Kelly's system. In the long run it would have been better to go in a completely different direction. In hindsight of course.

Clearly UO wanted to maintain what Kelly started by hiring within, but Helfrich was really nothing more than a bookkeeper in Kelly's system. In the long run it would have been better to go in a completely different direction. In hindsight of course.

I know Fisher didn't play, but didn't they start 2 redshirt SRs, a redshirt Soph and 2 freshman?

I know Fisher didn't play, but didn't they start 2 redshirt SRs, a redshirt Soph and 2 freshman?
Yeah. O line was/is completely decimated. But defense has been abysmal. From tackling to schemes. We have a HC and a DC who are over their heads, imo. Part of Kelly's talent was the ability to adjust. This team has not figured that out as of yet.

Last edited:
The one that gave up 5 sacks to an un ranked defense. Oregon is supposedly the #2 team in the country. Have you ever seen a top 5 teams line of scrimmage look like that going against an outmatched opponent?

Once you've watched a little bit of football, you will have seen a good OL surrender 5 sacks*.

Watch more football, and you'll actually see a top 5 team unable to run, or even move the ball in a game (it's actually pretty common)...forget about sacks.

*Did you miss the 2007 super bowl? Brady got sacked 21 times in 16 games...best offense of all time, up to that point...and then sacked 5 times in the big game against a team (the Giants) that wasn't ranked in the top half of the league in defense.

Reactions: 2 people
BzADmAECEAAjW3g.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
With the Ducks now losing, what are their chances of getting back into the final 4? In my opinion, not many 1 loss teams make it into the playoffs. However, if Arizona, or any other teams in the PAC 10/12 lose and the Ducks make it back into the conference playoffs, they might get lucky. The SEC west will have at least 1 team with a loss that could make it. We'll see by week 10 where teams stand.

Yeah. O line was/is completely decimated. But defense has been abysmal. From tackling to schemes. We have a HC and a DC who are over their heads, imo. Part of Kelly's talent was the ability to adjust. This team has not figured that out as of yet.

The tackling was atrocious and their inability to run the ball was terrible too. That shouldn't happen on a team with that much talent.

With the Ducks now losing, what are their chances of getting back into the final 4? In my opinion, not many 1 loss teams make it into the playoffs. However, if Arizona, or any other teams in the PAC 10/12 lose and the Ducks make it back into the conference playoffs, they might get lucky. The SEC west will have at least 1 team with a loss that could make it. We'll see by week 10 where teams stand.

They won't make the playoff

Don't you have 4 starting o-liemen out with injuries? Don't give up on the coach because of that. Those injuries would hurt any team.

Can't believe Mariotta didn't run more.

Oregon chokes once again. Oregon will lose to Stanford and finish 10-3(losing to Stanford in the PAC 10 Championship game). Oregon will play in the Holiday Bowl,IMO,when all is said and done.

Oregon chokes once again. Oregon will lose to Stanford and finish 10-3(losing to Stanford in the PAC 10 Championship game). Oregon will play in the Holiday Bowl,IMO,when all is said and done.
Considering the way we've played that would be a positive.

Once you've watched a little bit of football, you will have seen a good OL surrender 5 sacks*.

Watch more football, and you'll actually see a top 5 team unable to run, or even move the ball in a game (it's actually pretty common)...forget about sacks.

*Did you miss the 2007 super bowl? Brady got sacked 21 times in 16 games...best offense of all time, up to that point...and then sacked 5 times in the big game against a team (the Giants) that wasn't ranked in the top half of the league in defense.

Never said anything about anything to do with the NFL. You must have missed the point. Since you keep trying to convince me that its common to be ranked in the top 5 and look like that against a team who is nowhere near the top 10 much less the top 25 where do you see Oregon in the polls. I mean they should stay in the top 5 right. Maybe voters will move them up, since they tried so hard. Point being they aren't a top 10 team much less #2.

Never said anything about anything to do with the NFL. You must have missed the point. Since you keep trying to convince me that its common to be ranked in the top 5 and look like that against a team who is nowhere near the top 10 much less the top 25 where do you see Oregon in the polls. I mean they should stay in the top 5 right. Maybe voters will move them up, since they tried so hard. Point being they aren't a top 10 team much less #2.

I'm not arguing their ranking. You might be right. They may not be a top 10 team. You said you've never seen a top 5 team's O line look that bad. You need to watch more football is my response.

Arizona is undefeated, who cares if the pollsters haven't noticed them.

I'm not arguing their ranking. You might be right. They may not be a top 10 team. You said you've never seen a top 5 team's O line look that bad. You need to watch more football is my response.

Arizona is undefeated, who cares if the pollsters haven't noticed them.

Rich Rod has a good gig at Arizona. If he gets them a winning record and Bowl game(any Bowl game) every season he'll be there forever. No pressure at all just like Coach Cut at Duke.

Further proof that early season polls are meaningless. Zona is 5-0 and now has a win over the "#2 team". This Zona team beat UO last year too, they match up very well with them and Rich Rod is practically the godfather of the general offense that UO is running. There's probably very little they do that he hasn't seen.

VN Store

Back