Are you a Vols fan or not?

CincyVol2

Some of you need a reality check or just go root for another team. Jesus, you people are freaking out over a hire that could be great!

Was he my initial first, second or 3rd choice? No! Does that mean he can't be the best out of the group? No!

The guy has tremendous fire, passion and desire to win and get the most out of every one of his team/staff.

Support the coach and the team, if he doesn't work out then yell and scream for his head...but let him fail first!

I can tell you that he knows the expectations that come with this and the pressure he's under, he is a very smart man REALLY REALLY WANTED this job.

How can you not at least like a coach who has tremendous fire/excitement about becoming your next head coach?

Say they got Strong, Beliema, Gundy - Would all of those coaches have the desire and fire to make UT what it needs to get back to as Jones? I doubt it.

Those coaches had to "decide" if it was right for them....Butch Jones didn't need to decide anything, he WAS COMING the second it was offered. That's how much this job means to him.

Carry on NegaVols! I'll be rooting for him through it all and hope he proves all you haters wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYWuogse5k

Reactions: 8 people
YA KNOW....You just need to give people time
I AM a Booster and I sit with Boosters and We WERE all on the phone last night

SO Back Off and Realize ....we need time
We need to get to know him
Instant truust was given to Dooley because we were "supposed to" and we were burned so before you go off on Alum on whether or not we are UT fans ...realize that the minimum donation is 5K

Reactions: 2 people
Some of you need a reality check or just go root for another team. Jesus, you people are freaking out over a hire that could be great! Was he my initial first, second or 3rd choice? No! Does that mean he can't be the best out of the group? No!

The guy has tremendous fire, passion and desire to win and get the most out of every one of his team/staff.Support the coach and the team, if he doesn't work out then yell and scream for his head...but let him fail first!

I can tell you that he knows the expectations that come with this and the pressure he's under, he is a very smart man REALLY REALLY WANTED this job.

How can you not at least like a coach who has tremendous fire/excitement about becoming your next head coach?

Say they got Strong, Beliema, Gundy - Would all of those coaches have the desire and fire to make UT what it needs to get back to as Jones? I doubt it.

Those coaches had to "decide" if it was right for them....Butch Jones didn't need to decide anything, he WAS COMING the second it was offered. That's how much this job means to him.

Carry on NegaVols! I'll be rooting for him through it all and hope he proves all you haters wrong! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYWuogse5k

Couldn't agree more. Living in Dayton, I saw him coach at Nippert a couple of times. We could have done a LOT worse!!

I'm not disgusted with the hire. But I take exception to the people on here saying you're not a real fan unless you support this. Why do arguments on here have to devolve into playground rhetoric and stupid name calling? Can't we just discuss things using facts, logic, and reasoning? For the record, I think that anyone who still obsesses about the Vols and cares enough to post about them alot on a messageboard, even after years of futility and awfulness, is definitely a true fan.

Ok maybe he is not a home run hire, but maybe he is. The point is this man deserves a chance to prove himself. He has done a good job at Cin and could prove to be a great coach for us. Tennessee will be alright now. We are in better shape than when Dooley took office and he is def a step up. This is the right direction and the job here is tough enough already. So, either get behind him and the team or get lost. I believe he will do fine. Now, Hart and the University need to give him 100% support and get him some great assistants in here. The future is better now than it has been in a long time.

I'm so much a fan that this literally makes me want to throw up. People who are happy about this aren't digging into what type of coach Butch is. He's a rich rodiguez pupil who runs the read option, whose never beaten a ranked team and has ZERO ties to the SEC. Yes now we can all throw up.

Last edited:
Hart was horrific in this process and needs to be held accountable, but in the end Jones is easily as qualified as was Strong. There's no way to tell how this will end up, but hopefully he will lead us on a return to glory! Go Vols!!!!!!! And yes regardless what you think of Hart, it's time to get behind the coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't read your post.. Don't have to, just another "get behind the new guy or you're not a fan" blah blah blah..

First, I am a fan but what I won't do is be a fan of stupidity.. The folks running the show in Knox are idiots.. I have been here for a while now and I won't go off half cocked.. I will calm down before I decide what to do as far as my support goes for this program..

What I will tell you and you can write this down, it doesn't matter if he is successful or not, unless the problems that exist between BOT, faculty and the running of the AD office are fixed, he WILL NOT be here long..

I didn't read your post.. Don't have to, just another "get behind the new guy or you're not a fan" blah blah blah..

First, I am a fan but what I won't do is be a fan of stupidity.. The folks running the show in Knox are idiots.. I have been here for a while now and I won't go off half cocked.. I will calm down before I decide what to do as far as my support goes for this program..

What I will tell you and you can write this down, it doesn't matter if he is successful or not, unless the problems that exist between BOT, faculty and the running of the AD office are fixed, he WILL NOT be here long..

Amen Brother, Amen!!!

I'm not disgusted with the hire. But I take exception to the people on here saying you're not a real fan unless you support this. Why do arguments on here have to devolve into playground rhetoric and stupid name calling? Can't we just discuss things using facts, logic, and reasoning? For the record, I think that anyone who still obsesses about the Vols and cares enough to post about them alot on a messageboard, even after years of futility and awfulness, is definitely a true fan.

I can see where you're coming from, but I just think the guy needs to be given a chance. Everyone on here freakin out and bashing this hire are assuming that he is gonna fail. This program and these players need all the support they can get. We have to support this just for the well being of the only program that matters to us. If we don't support Jones and sit at home on Saturdays, we're just gonna be down even longer. I can't stand to see UT down any longer. The quicker we get back the better. So I'm gonna support him by going to as many games as I can afford, hope he can field a competitive team, and hope he can recruit. Who knows, he could just be the next greatest coach in our rich history.

Reactions: 1 person
Some of you need a reality check or just go root for another team. Jesus, you people are freaking out over a hire that could be great!

Was he my initial first, second or 3rd choice? No! Does that mean he can't be the best out of the group? No!

The guy has tremendous fire, passion and desire to win and get the most out of every one of his team/staff.

Support the coach and the team, if he doesn't work out then yell and scream for his head...but let him fail first!

Carry on NegaVols! I'll be rooting for him through it all and hope he proves all you haters wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYWuogse5k

You sure proved us wrong with your hero, Derek "precious" Dooley

Coming from the guy with a Steelers insignia living in Cincy.

So with us both being from Cincy does that mean we shouldn't be Vols fans? Cool Theory...

Also, Bengals fan? hahahaha, 25 years since a playoff win and 30 seasons since the last time you've had back to back winning seasons....you should be THRILLED with this hire!

So with us both being from Cincy does that mean we shouldn't be Vols fans? Cool Theory...

Also, Bengals fan? hahahaha, 25 years since a playoff win and 30 seasons since the last time you've had back to back winning seasons....you should be THRILLED with this hire!

ironic, you are obviously a troll.

Irony= Starting a thread telling all of us to be positive and your next post you're being a sarcastic PIA:eek:lol:

What you have to realize is that the fan base has become jaded. The Dooley experience was a slow painful death that took three years to unfold. Dooley had flashes of hope and promise that materialized into nothing but heartbreak. Do I want Jones to succeed here? Absolutely. Am I surprised that a lot of people are in a wait and see mode, if not a wtf mode? Absolutely not. I will always pull for Tennessee to win regardless who the coach is….I just personally thought there were better options still available. Now that it is official, I’m Butch Jones and Tennessee all the way!

Still a fan, no longer a die-hard, just too much disappointment in following recruiting and spring practice the past 4 years. I'm fair weathered now.

Butch Jones: Big East Coach of the Year - YouTube

I am a VFL

With that being said, I will not purchase season tickets this year I may attend UGA or S.Carolina game.

I am also trying to be refunded for the plane ticket I purchased to Eugene.

Our Administration is a joke.

EXACTLY Right I could not have said it better
What some don't realize is that the Boosters PAID every losing season and they increased the price over and over
and EVERY time they called and told us to "believe" and we did...and we will again at some point or we won't

Only Someone who has not written that check for those season tickets plus the donation after the weekly calls from the AD can be so stupid as to tell all of us how to feel

SHUT UP sit down and at LEAST give us till 230 to calm down

What you have to realize is that the fan base has become jaded. The Dooley experience was a slow painful death that took three years to unfold. Dooley had flashes of hope and promise that materialized into nothing but heartbreak. Do I want Jones to succeed here? Absolutely. Am I surprised that a lot of people are in a wait and see mode, if not a wtf mode? Absolutely not. I will always pull for Tennessee to win regardless who the coach is….I just personally thought there were better options still available. Now that it is official, I’m Butch Jones and Tennessee all the way!

you're not a real fan if you aren't disgusted with this hire.

If you are a Tennessee fan you support the University and its Athletic Program. If you don't support the Football team and its coaches, you are worse than an Alabama, Georgia, Florida, or any other fan. Either support the University or support one of the other schools you feel better in supporting. Your attitude and the attitude of other negative posters is one if the reasons we have not been able to hire the coaches you most want. Jones will do a good job of us and we will continue to improve from where we were three years ago. Any athletic program needs supporters to be successful rather than those of you who can not see the forest for the trees. Get off your high horse and support the coach will he is here. Attitude is the most important aspect of success and o one can be successful with a negative attitude. Grow up and be a supporter. Our football needs supporters more now than at any other time I can remember in the last 60 years. Be a help, not a hindrance.

I guess Some people are happy without a coach period! Have you been happy the last three weeks? Though the silence from The "FIRE_______" crowd has been nice, they have had their day, Now we need to get behind our next coach, whoever it is, and hope for the best. THIS IS TENNESSEE FOOTBALL! TIME TO GET BEHIND OUR COACH, OUR TEAM, and OUR PROGRAM! GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back