Are we ready?

Tumbleweedvol

I've just watched the playback of the Georgia State game. My question is does Florida have the playmakers to defeat us in the same kind of game or are they in the middle of trying to go from the Tebow era to pro style offense. If they don't have the Percy Harvin and Chris Rainey player then what can they do. Is our defense good enough to keep them honest along with our offense being as good as they appear to be. Could this actually be a blow out? :lolabove:

Im not sure about it being a "blowout"..but I think if our pass coverage stays tight and doesn't allow them to blow us up down the field, we could win by at least 10-14 points. I'll say 31-21 Tennessee

I think we blow them out. Our defense is good enough to keep their sub-par offense in check all night. Their defense is good, but they have yet to face an arsenal like UT's. They can't double team Hunter and Patterson all game, so that's gonna spell BIG trouble for that defense.

I think we blow them out. Our defense is good enough to keep their sub-par offense in check all night. Their defense is good, but they have yet to face an arsenal like UT's. They can't double team Hunter and Patterson all game, so that's gonna spell BIG trouble for that defense.

Love the optimism, but a blowout ain't gonna happen. Like I have been telling all the whiny gator fans, the gators play to their competition. Have since Spurrier... It will be a close game... dammit. If there was any team I want to run it up on.. it is FL. Hopefully somebody will this season..

That being said, a kill's a kill.

GBO

I am feeling good about a win. I am mixed on rather it is a tight game or a blowout. I say if Bray drops a few bombs early it will set the tone quick. FL is not good and they know it. Rivera might be the key to a good start. That FL defensive front will try to attack Bray. He may have to dink and dunk alot. Luckily the O-line is big.

I think McCullers eats Driskell for dinner.

Im hoping Rivera has a great game.

I am sure they watch the GSU film and do quick passes to get Driskel comfortable. Use thier backs to stretch us out wide. I dont see them trying to run it through the tackles very often.

We will see some variation of the option.

Ill bet CP has another CP kind of game. Catch a TD, rush for a TD. and make someone say... Wow!

I am feeling good about a win. I am mixed on rather it is a tight game or a blowout. I say if Bray drops a few bombs early it will set the tone quick. FL is not good and they know it. Rivera might be the key to a good start. That FL defensive front will try to attack Bray. He may have to dink and dunk alot. Luckily the O-line is big.

I think McCullers eats Driskell for dinner.

If we can get up 14 quick I think the Undisciplined Gators show up and start playing dirty.

What say ye?

Florida is always a tough game. Good defense is Florida. But, I don't think they have the fast paced offense of yore and they seem to be stumbling. They will try to steal one in Knoxville but, I don't think they have the fire power and there defense does get tired!:thumbsup:

Florida is going to look real fast on D people. They fly to the ball with their linebackers. Hopefully we don't flinch when they pop us in the mouth. Stay the course and we eventually demoralize em with the passing game.

If we can get up 14 quick I think the Undisciplined Gators show up and start playing dirty.

What say ye?

I don't think so. Under Spurrier this may have happened. But last week when they got down they used halftime to regroup, make corrections, and come out and pound T A&M.

If we happen to get up by a couple of scores, I'm afraid the more likely scenario is that we get complacent. Obviously, I really hope this doesn't happen, but it is very common in college football. Dooley and Sal have to continue to drive the idea of pounding the rock for 60 minutes. It's even one of the maxims.

GO VOLS!!!

I don't think so. Under Spurrier this may have happened. But last week when they got down they used halftime to regroup, make corrections, and come out and pound T A&M.

If we happen to get up by a couple of scores, I'm afraid the more likely scenario is that we get complacent. Obviously, I really hope this doesn't happen, but it is very common in college football. Dooley and Sal have to continue to drive the idea of pounding the rock for 60 minutes. It's even one of the maxims.

GO VOLS!!!

Im not sure Chaney would stop scoring unless he is told to by Dooley.

I don't care how much we score. This game will be the first time my wife has been to Neyland. I'm excited.

I hope you're right OP, but here's the reason I have it being a close one (UT 28, FLA 24)

1. Last yr Bray was lights out in the first 2 games as well - bombs to Hunter and Da'Rick, abusing secondaries.. And then the FLA D put pressure on us and he didn't look nearly as effective (I know Hunter went down early, but still, Bray was clearly bothered by the pressure and their secondary.

I just don't think we're going to be able to sling the ball around.. They're going to try to force Bray into making bad decisions.. An INT or 2 could change momentum and give them some juice.

2. Defensively we're giving up too many big plays.. Granted, Driskel isn't impressive, but they still have athletes who can make plays in space. And they have a solid RB. I just think our D is going to get more of a test than people realize.

3. We are going to be essentially one-dimensional on O this game - I just don't have faith that we'll be able to run between the tackles effectively. At the end of the day, their D can focus on the passing game and outside runs/sweeps/screens. They're going to bring it physically and we have to be able to match them.

I've just watched the playback of the Georgia State game. My question is does Florida have the playmakers to defeat us in the same kind of game or are they in the middle of trying to go from the Tebow era to pro style offense. If they don't have the Percy Harvin and Chris Rainey player then what can they do. Is our defense good enough to keep them honest along with our offense being as good as they appear to be. Could this actually be a blow out? :lolabove:

No Rainey or Demps. Don't think they have the playmakers that scare a team.

My second post on Volnation...........Vol Brothers and Sisters Relax We Got This !!!!!!!!!

Be LOUD at Neyland and good things will happen.

GO VOLS!

I hope you're right OP, but here's the reason I have it being a close one (UT 28, FLA 24)

1. Last yr Bray was lights out in the first 2 games as well - bombs to Hunter and Da'Rick, abusing secondaries.. And then the FLA D put pressure on us and he didn't look nearly as effective (I know Hunter went down early, but still, Bray was clearly bothered by the pressure and their secondary.

I just don't think we're going to be able to sling the ball around.. They're going to try to force Bray into making bad decisions.. An INT or 2 could change momentum and give them some juice.

2. Defensively we're giving up too many big plays.. Granted, Driskel isn't impressive, but they still have athletes who can make plays in space. And they have a solid RB. I just think our D is going to get more of a test than people realize.

3. We are going to be essentially one-dimensional on O this game - I just don't have faith that we'll be able to run between the tackles effectively. At the end of the day, their D can focus on the passing game and outside runs/sweeps/screens. They're going to bring it physically and we have to be able to match them.

^ This for sure. Good post. The over confidence on this board is scary. I would sh!t a brick if we light em up but I just don't think that's gonna happen. We gotta find confidence in being able to close out a close, hard fought game.

VN Store

Back