Are we a final 4 team with a final 4 coach?

OK, the boys just beat number 17 Butler, does this mean that Butler was over ranked? Does this mean UT is now the number 16 team in the country? No, it means that basketball is a long season. I remember UNCC beating Pearle led team also.

I'm sorry for all of you that think this is good basketball. Holly is leading us into the land of the football program a few years back. We will not, not, not beat Stanford playing like we played against Wichita State. We were out coached in this game and we will be out coached in the Sunday game!

Reactions: 1 person
Right now, no and no. Allow me to repeat myself.
I've never watched a team with so many highly ranked players on it be so reluctant to take an outside shot. It might be because they have little confidence in making them or it might be because they are instructed to go inside if at all possible. Whatever the reason, it's Holly's responsibility to put each player in their optimum position for them to score. I just find it hard to believe that all these top recruits have collectively forgot how to score at the same time. There's something else going on and it needs to be corrected.

As much as I'm excited in the future of UT football, I'm equally depressed for my beloved Lady Vols. Holly is a good person and I wish her the best, but she is no big time program coach. It's just how far do we need to fall before its apparent to the powers that be. I can wait it out, I went through Dooley in football.

ouch

Is there a NIT for women? That's where they belong based on last night's performance. CHW is feeling the pressure and expectations of following CPS. I do not believe she will get the job done at UT. JMHO

Andraya just cut her lip in the collision. From the replay, it looked like she got the wind knocked out of her too. Fully expect her and Jones for Stanford

I think that I am getting a little too much into the LV's but I love this team. Before I could sleep I Had to hear the interviews after the Wichita game. Holly hit a few things on the nail head especial on the point that we need better guard play. The issue is how do we make this happen? Like every good football team has a good QB, and I mean good not great, who can manage the game and limit turnovers. A basketball point guard in basketball, calls the plays and most time handles the ball more than any other player. They have to limit turnovers and especial those of the unforced nature. For lack of another expression, they are your table setters. Who exactly is the consistent table setter for the LV's?

During Izzy's interview she stated that in practice they hit 3's and 10 footers consistently. My question is how do we contest the shots in practice? If the players are good practice shooters, have we thought about a sports psychologist? The players may very well be suffering from shooters block same as good golf putters lose their touch because of mental blocks. It also appears that Middleton has the possibility of being a good shooter. Should we play her more? I think that Massengale is a good shooter but her duties as the point affects her as a shooter. Holly also said that Tucker was ready and did well in practice but had concerns about her knee. Apparently she is lights out in practice. Somehow, some way, she has to test that knee out in game situations by playing the game. If she is a shooter who can knock down the mid to long range jumper we need her on the floor.

Is there a NIT for women? That's where they belong based on last night's performance. CHW is feeling the pressure and expectations of following CPS. I do not believe she will get the job done at UT. JMHO

Yes there is a WNIT, that was I believe won by Rutgers last year. I have never seen the games televised thou they do televise the Men's NIT. Another situation of women's sports getting the shaft.

It also seems that once you become the head coach of a college women's program, you have a lifetime appointment until you retire. I notice lately that some women basketball coaches are being fired or forced to leave. The Arkansas program comes to mind. I think you will see more of this, like the men's programs, when the women's programs, like the LV's, become viable financially.

Last edited:
I think that I am getting a little too much into the LV's but I love this team. Before I could sleep I Had to hear the interviews after the Wichita game. Holly hit a few things on the nail head especial on the point that we need better guard play. The issue is how do we make this happen? Like every good football team has a good QB, and I mean good not great, who can manage the game and limit turnovers. A basketball point guard in basketball, calls the plays and most time handles the ball more than any other player. They have to limit turnovers and especial those of the unforced nature. For lack of another expression, they are your table setters. Who exactly is the consistent table setter for the LV's?

During Izzy's interview she stated that in practice they hit 3's and 10 footers consistently. My question is how do we contest the shots in practice? If the players are good practice shooters, have we thought about a sports psychologist? The players may very well be suffering from shooters block same as good golf putters lose their touch because of mental blocks. It also appears that Middleton has the possibility of being a good shooter. Should we play her more? I think that Massengale is a good shooter but her duties as the point affects her as a shooter. Holly also said that Tucker was ready and did well in practice but had concerns about her knee. Apparently she is lights out in practice. Somehow, some way, she has to test that knee out in game situations by playing the game. If she is a shooter who can knock down the mid to long range jumper we need her on the floor.

Middleton definitely needs to play more, and she needs to be the starting PG. The behind-the-back TO notwithstanding, she takes better care of the ball than Massengale, is a better defender than Massengale or Reynolds, is a better shooter than Draya or Reynolds, and has a higher basketball IQ than any of them.

It's not so much a lack of coaching acumen, it seems to me a lack of common sense.

Let's see...

We're playing a team that is packing in the post and daring us to make outside shots.
We aren't making outside shots.
I look down my bench and there is K. Dunbar, a player I recruited primarily for her shooting ability.

I tell her to shoot if she's open, and put her in, at least for a few minutes.

Holly doesn't put her in at all. She did not play.

Am I totally off base here?

It's not so much a lack of coaching acumen, it seems to me a lack of common sense.

Let's see...

We're playing a team that is packing in the post and daring us to make outside shots.
We aren't making outside shots.
I look down my bench and there is K. Dunbar, a player I recruited primarily for her shooting ability.

I tell her to shoot if she's open, and put her in, at least for a few minutes.

Holly doesn't put her in at all. She did not play.

Am I totally off base here?

You're right. Give her a few minutes; she ought to improve and while she's doing that, she can make a few baskets. We ARE NOT scoring; sheesh, give the girl a chance.

I believe the Mocs are playing Stanford tonight. Is that on any channel that anyone knows. I would like to see that game. Of course it could stress me out if Stanford won by 20. I do not take as a sign that Stanford will beat LV by a ridiculous amount. I am hoping that playing at Home will give the LV's some advantage.

We need to give Holly a contract extension and raise quickly before a top-tier school steals her away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I would like to take this time to say, Meighan Simmons I deeply and truly apologize for ALL the criticism you received as a player at UT. I've now realized that it wasn't your fault we didn't have an offense the whole four years you were here, so you did the best you could. You witnessed what we are just know seeing. With you no longer there to take the brunt of the criticism and mask the lack of competence within the coaching staff, Tennessee's lack there of an offense has finally hit rock bottom.

Last edited:
If Tennessee beats Notre Dame in South Bend later in the season,we'll know the answer to that question

I would like to take this time to say, Meighan Simmons I deeply and truly apologize for ALL the criticism you received as a player at UT. I've now realized that it wasn't your fault we didn't have an offense the whole four years you were here, so you did the best you could. You witnessed what we are just know seeing. With you no longer there to take the brunt of the criticism and mask the lack of competence within the coaching staff, Tennessee's lack there of an offense has finally hit rock bottom.

Wow, you'd think we we're 0-9

VN Store

Back