Are there really 51 Power 5 coaches better than Butch?

Negas are funny.
You mention a Tennessee coach like Fulmer, doesn't matter what he accomplished, only how it ended and who beat him.

Mention a Florida coach like Spurrier and my, don't the rules change. Doesn't matter if Butch is undefeated against him or how it ended. Only what he accomplished in his prime.

So full of it, it's beyond me why we ever take them seriously. They're bottom feeding pot stirrers. No more, no less.

Reactions: 3 people
Negas are funny.
You mention a Tennessee coach like Fulmer, doesn't matter what he accomplished, only how it ended and who beat him.

Mention a Florida coach like Spurrier and my, don't the rules change. Doesn't matter if Butch is undefeated against him or how it ended. Only what he accomplished in his prime.

So full of it, it's beyond me why we ever take them seriously. They're bottom feeding pot stirrers. No more, no less.

You honestly equate Sprurrier at UF in the 90's vs Spurrier at South Carolina?

Reactions: 1 person
Did I say that?
I said it's bullshat that it's ok to see Spurrier as you do but different rules for a UT coach.

Actually, I said so extremely clearly.

Yes, you did..."Mention a Florida coach like Spurrier and my, don't the rules change. Doesn't matter if Butch is undefeated against him or how it ended. Only what he accomplished in his prime."

Other than my post above, tell me exactly how I see Spurrier.

But back to your quote about Spurrier...do you think Pitt fans vies Johnny tenure the 2nd time as great as they do the 1st?

Last edited:
Other than my post above, tell me exactly how I see Spurrier.

Lol.

"I don't like the truth in your post so let me change the subject.
So tell me how I feel about Spurrier but you're not allowed to use the post I just made implicating how I feel."

Good grief. It's almost a comedy sketch at times. No need for continuing debate, I couldn't make my point any better than our back and forth.

This is why debate is pointless.
How can I possibly make it any clearer?
I don't care which way anyone remembers Spurrier! The point is the changing scale for our coaches.

:thud:
Lol.

"I don't like the truth in your post so let me change the subject.
So tell me how I feel about Spurrier but you're not allowed to use the post I just made implicating how I feel."

Good grief. It's almost a comedy sketch at times. No need for continuing debate, I couldn't make my point any better than our back and forth.

WTF are you talking about?

This is why debate is pointless.
How can I possibly make it any clearer?
I don't care which way anyone remembers Spurrier! The point is the changing scale for our coaches.

Exactly...accuse someone of something....asked to prove accusation....act like a lunatic in response.

Let me ask you an honest question, are you a democrat?

Reactions: 2 people
Charger is being very clear, Boca, and his point is well made.

The same people who denigrate Phil for his final years will hold Spurrier up as exemplary for his best years, forgetting that his final years were just as weak.

It's hypocritical not to judge both using the same measuring stick. Either see them both at their best, in which case you're comparing two national championship and hall of fame masters, or see them both at the end, a significant drop from their prime.

Not only hypocritical, but oddly anti-Tennessee, to give credit and breaks to the coach of a rival that some won't give our own man.

There was no confusion in how Charger said any of that.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks JP.
Fairly cetain any middle schooler can understand.
Boca gets it also.

Sos. Can't refute the point, divert and deflect.

Thanks JP.
Fairly cetain any middle schooler can understand.
Boca gets it also.

Sos. Can't refute the point, divert and deflect.

Boca's a good dude, in my experience, he just sometimes enjoys a good mindless argument. :) Like most of us!

Boca's a good dude, in my experience, he just sometimes enjoys a good mindless argument. :) Like most of us!

Lol, I agree.
To be honest, he wasn't even in consideration when I made the original point.

I kinda have to give him props though. In the middle of all that changing direction, he managed to jump to political references in like three or four posts. That is kind of impressive as far as changing the subject goes :)

Truly said in humor.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol, I agree.
To be honest, he wasn't even in consideration when I made the original point.

I kinda have to give him props though. In the middle of all that changing direction, he managed to jump to political references in like three or four posts. That is kind of impressive as far as changing the subject goes :)

Truly said in humor.

Funny you say that. That happens to me sometimes, yesterday in fact. Someone says something about a "group" that I don't actually consider myself to be in but, I can relate to more than the opposition, and there I go......lol.

I never said anything against Spurrier or Fulmer, but was accused of doing so. That's what I was questioning when charger turned Tasmanian Devil.

Unfortunately, there is never a set/strict set of rules when comparing people over a period of time. Spurrier probably should have hung it up after the NFL, IMO...but he's the most successful coach in USC history. But he always looked somewhat detached in Columbia.

As for Fulmer, it's pretty clear (IMO) there's a clear difference with and without Cut on the staff. He's still a UT guy through and through.

As far as Butch goes, it's still too early to tell. There's no short of opinions on this topic (which we won't rehash), but the clock is ticking. The only thing I care about is this time the UTAD has a plan in place should they feel the need to make a move...unlike in the past where they look around the room with a "now what" attitude?

Reactions: 3 people
I never said anything against Spurrier or Fulmer, but was accused of doing so. That's what I was questioning when charger turned Tasmanian Devil.

Or..

I said something clear and direct that had nothing to do with you. And definitely said nothing to you. Yet you jumped in trying to twist it into something else that had absolutely nothing to do with my post or point.

But whichever. Tomato/bananna.

Now Excuse me while I twist away in a tornado type fashion while giving flying raspberries.

Or..

I said something clear and direct that had nothing to do with you. And definitely said nothing to you. Yet you jumped in trying to twist it into something else that had absolutely nothing to do with my post or point.

But whichever. Tomato/bananna.

Now Excuse me while I twist away in a tornado type fashion while giving flying raspberries.

Was this aimed at me or a collective "you"?

I said it's bullshat that it's ok to see Spurrier as you do but different rules for a UT coach.

If it was a collective you, then my bad. Carry on.

Was this aimed at me or a collective "you"?

If it was a collective you, then my bad. Carry on.

Lol wow.

I'm going to go ahead and type real slow here :)
I did not call you out or argue with you/judge you/insult you for suggesting there was a difference with Spurrier in his prime and at the end.

I simply stated that I don't understand why SOME people only judge Spurrier for his best years (ignoring his fall or Jones getting upset wins) while only referring to Fulmer by his downfall.

I don't even care which standard people (PEOPLE, NOT YOU, to avoid confusing you again) use, as long as they use the same standard.

Do you get it?
Not calling you out or making an accusation. You suggested there was a difference in prime v downfall and I agreed. Nothing else was directed at you despite all of your victim posts.

Seriously can't make it any clearer.

Idk that we should care about coaching rankings if our coach isn't in the top 10 to 15 coaches. After the top 15 who gives a damn BC you're not winning the SEC or the NT unless you have an elite HC. I like Jones but idk that anyone would argue he's in that tier.

VN Store

Back