Are there 5 better stadiums in the SEC than Neyland?

BHG and Neyland have major cosmetic issues. Neyland has far more access issues. Parts of Neyland are great and others are as bad as it gets. Tight concourses, terrible restrooms and concessions. They spent a lot of money expanding while older parts fell into decay. North and West are great. South and East suck hard.

I love the “old” North and East ends. I so tire of the need for amenities! Love peeing in a trough, don’t need cell service, give me a Hot Dog and a Coke. Love buying a program, listening to The Pride of the Southland over piped in rap music! people really need to stop complaining about such a great place to play football!

I love the “old” North and East ends. I so tire of the need for amenities! Love peeing in a trough, don’t need cell service, give me a Hot Dog and a Coke. Love buying a program, listening to The Pride of the Southland over piped in rap music! people really need to stop complaining about such a great place to play football!
Hey don’t get me wrong. Take down the jumbo tron don’t build another. Band only. I do t need a Starbucks or Panda Express.

However, if you like peeing in a 50 year old trough while drunken Bill shakes off on you that’s a different issue.
God forbid and emergency ever happened in those concourses. Rust and crumbling concrete are not nostalgic. The erector set look isn’t classic. The problem with Neyland is its growth wasnt in keeping with its classic origins (pic provided). The original stadium was a brick facade.

If you were trying to preserve this, it’s one thing. We are way past that. 94FFB867-71AC-48B1-8A37-C670B298E40C.jpeg

Hey don’t get me wrong. Take down the jumbo tron don’t build another. Band only. I do t need a Starbucks or Panda Express.

However, if you like peeing in a 50 year old trough while drunken Bill shakes off on you that’s a different issue.
God forbid and emergency ever happened in those concourses. Rust and crumbling concrete are not nostalgic. The erector set look isn’t classic. The problem with Neyland is its growth wasnt in keeping with its classic origins (pic provided). The original stadium was a brick facade.

If you were trying to preserve this, it’s one thing. We are way past that. View attachment 284087
Thanks for the reminder, The brick facade was there because there were offices and class rooms in the stadium

Thanks for the reminder, The brick facade was there because there were offices and class rooms in the stadium
Not sure what that has to do with anything.
I was already aware, which was the norm on stadiums of that era. I believe the original football dorm was also housed in the stadium. My point was that Neyland expansion was not consistent with its history. I hate the erector set look. Especially now that it is covered in rust.

Kyle Field #1 for me. Course, I’m an Aggie.
Bryant Denny is boring. The fans are a big “meh”. The Swamp is a dump.

Yeah there are, but only because other schools have been putting a lot of funding into legitimate renovations over the past 10 years, whereas we've lagged behind in that area due to investing in better facilities.

With a few updates/renovations, we're top 5 IMO. Florida has a great stadium, as does Alabama obviously. Then I'd put Neyland at a tie with LSU, Georgia, and Auburn.

VN Store

Back