AP Preaseason poll:

I expect 5 losses for them this year
You may be right. New coach and schemes, the west is loaded, however their schedule seems to be set up for possibly 10 wins. Auburn and Florida at home, bye week before traveling to LSU and then TAMU at home. They were with Bama late last year.

You may be right. New coach and schemes, the west is loaded, however their schedule seems to be set up for possibly 10 wins. Auburn and Florida at home, bye week before traveling to LSU and then TAMU at home. They were with Bama late last year.
Truth be told....my 5 losses may be more "wish" than "fact".

I do see Miami and FSU having real strong years....not close to Clemson, but strong.

68 is how many votes they received. Not their ranking. Based off of votes, they're ranked #27. At Least that's how I understand it
^ 68 is not real close.

"Other teams that received votes in the initial poll were South Carolina (96), Florida (68),"

Reactions: covert29
How in the world is Florida even close to the top 25? They are in just as bad a shape as we are.
Name recognition. Florida isn't all that far removed from a period of dominance and hired a fairly well-known coach.

Preseason polls make a lot of assumptions and if you are a known "brand" you will be ranked higher in them. That's also why FSU is 19th and Michigan is 14th.

Some surprises are Miss St at #18 (because of a lack of name recognition) and not seeing A&M get more votes purely because they hired Jimbo.

Last edited:
Someone please explain to me how Auburn is 9th. I know the poll is meaningless but besides having Stidham back and a solid defense, I just don’t see a top 10 team there. We’ll find out soon enough though.

VN Store

Back