Anyone on here headed to Athens Saturday?

Anyone headed down to Athens? Just a couple things, they were/are working on 285 east and west bound for at least 3 more months. Might be easier to go 75 to 85 then 316. As always in ATL traffic, it’s hit or miss but wanted to give a heads up. 285/400 I think they are working at night, surely no work on Saturday. Suuuuurely….

Wish everyone a safe and fun trip, watch out for cops Saturday, will be out in force trying to grab speeders.

My dad used to recruit for Mercer in the state of Florida back in the 60's and he told me that the only city he did not visit in Georgia was Athens.

My only memory of Macon was having a neighbor's monkey sit on my shoulder when I visited them. We moved to Knoxville when I was four in 1969.

Anyone headed down to Athens? Just a couple things, they were/are working on 285 east and west bound for at least 3 more months. Might be easier to go 75 to 85 then 316. As always in ATL traffic, it’s hit or miss but wanted to give a heads up. 285/400 I think they are working at night, surely no work on Saturday. Suuuuurely….

Wish everyone a safe and fun trip, watch out for cops Saturday, will be out in force trying to grab speeders.

I will be there. it’s the worst God awful place I’ve ever been to a game but I will be there. I only thought I hated Bama fans as a kid. Living in Georgia completely changed that.

I will be there. it’s the worst God awful place I’ve ever been to a game but I will be there. I only thought I hated Bama fans as a kid. Living in Georgia completely changed that.
It’s not an either or situation for me.
I hate Bama
i hate Georgia
I hate florida
i hate Notre Dame
i hate TOSU
i hate Michigan
actually, I hate everyone but Tennessee.
that should just about cover it.
Go Vols!
As for everybody else, F$CK ALL YALL.

Reactions: CornDontGrow
I've been to all several times. Florida is far and above the worst. I have not really had a problem at Bama, and only one at Georgia (hit in the back with a dip cup after the awesome comeback win in '06).

I’ve never had a bad time at UGA…

^What he said ^. There is a persistent presence of radar on 316, from State Patrol to city cops (I'm looking at you, Statham).

If you're up for taking your time coming from the Knoxville area, try hopping off I-75 at the Sweetwater exit and taking TN-68 down through Tellico Plains and Coker Creek, and link up with US-74 (take the cutoff through NC, and you'll save some minutes). Hang a right on US-19 toward Blairsville, GA and onward towards Cleveland, GA. From there you can either take US-129 down through Gainesville or hop over to US-441 around Baldwin/Cornelia. It's a straight shot in to Athens from there, and a lot more pleasant drive than 75/285/316.

We will be leaving at 2pm today along with another couple who are friends of ours, we live near Tellico Plains and will take TN-68 through Blue Ridge and cutting over to Gainesville. Fortunately we have rented a house to stay about 45 minutes from Athens. Can't wait, GBO!!!

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back