Anyone in ND working on Bakken Shale?

TennVols423

FOREVER a VOL!
On my way to ND/Montana now to work on rig for 4 months then getting transferred back. I didn't have much of a choice but they are compensating me well and paying for food and housing.

Anyone on VN there? What should I expect?

***I've read certain articles detailing things but have been told the media exaggerates this a tad.

Keep me updated, I've been kicking around the idea of a year out there.

Well I know their are jobs up here starting off anywhere from 18-30 an hour with a TON of overtime. I know I'll be working about 90-110 hours a week, VERY common here.

If you do decide, the one thing I did find was make sure the company you go with offers housing.

Last edited:
15 hour work day, a few stiff drinks, and a close encounter with gonorrhea, what else can a guy ask for in a 24 hour period?

Could be a good deal to go bank for a few years though.

April through July shouldn't be a bad time to be in ND. Be glad you didn't get the November through February shift.

If I was a young man I'd be up there. Make bank and save it.

Reactions: 1 person
15 hour work day, a few stiff drinks, and a close encounter with gonorrhea, what else can a guy ask for in a 24 hour period?

Could be a good deal to go bank for a few years though.

It's passed through my mind a few times. I've actually considered Canada more, though.

110 hours per week? Holy ****! When do you have a life?

Last edited:
April through July shouldn't be a bad time to be in ND. Be glad you didn't get the November through February shift.

If I was a young man I'd be up there. Make bank and save it.

I just told my wife that is where our grandson should be.

Reactions: 1 person
On my way to ND/Montana now to work on rig for 4 months then getting transferred back. I didn't have much of a choice but they are compensating me well and paying for food and housing.

Anyone on VN there? What should I expect?

***I've read certain articles detailing things but have been told the media exaggerates this a tad.

I spent 2 years in Texas machining Fluid cylinders for the fracking pumps, t-connectors, 40 and 60 degree laterals for the missile sleds. If you are within 100yds of those things wear ear plugs.

How did you get the job? I want to do it. I'm young, single, and physically fit.

Damn where you been?

In the hills of east Tennessee. Is $2000-3000 a night common for strippers? If it is I may buy granny some new boobs , pay for her to learn the proper way to poll dance and put her to work about 3 nights a weeks.

In the hills of east Tennessee. Is $2000-3000 a night common for strippers? If it is I may buy granny some new boobs , pay for her to learn the proper way to poll dance and put her to work about 3 nights a weeks.

That's real big money for where they are at. I personally know guys up there bring home 2200-2500 a week ( after taxes)

Most the guys I know, pulled a big travel trailer up there for them to live in.

VN Store

Back