Anyone going to Arkansas?

boeninghaus

Got my tickets today! I missed out on my season tickets but grabbed some arky tickets. There is a few on vivid if anyone is looking. I didn't know if anyone was setting up tailgating.

Reactions: escapegoat2
giphy.gif

Reactions: Macminnvol
Actually a very beautiful state but its a shame their university has zero competition in the state and its makes their fans overly obnoxious. Without a doubt the most annoying college sports fan I know is an Arkansas fan. You can NOT have a conversation about any sport or team(or any other subject for that matter) without him bringing up Arkansas. He's extremely defensive about anything negative in the slightest (yeah its been a hard few years for him). When Petrino got in trouble, we were involved in a work project on that Sunday night. Several of my team members were there and this came over the news. He literally turned white and almost threw up. No exaggeration. I finally told him to go to his room and lay down.....he was harassed unmercifully until I finally stepped it. He couldn't handle it. But a beautiful state for sure.

Actually a very beautiful state but its a shame their university has zero competition in the state and its makes their fans overly obnoxious. Without a doubt the most annoying college sports fan I know is an Arkansas fan. You can NOT have a conversation about any sport or team(or any other subject for that matter) without him bringing up Arkansas. He's extremely defensive about anything negative in the slightest (yeah its been a hard few years for him). When Petrino got in trouble, we were involved in a work project on that Sunday night. Several of my team members were there and this came over the news. He literally turned white and almost threw up. No exaggeration. I finally told him to go to his room and lay down.....he was harassed unmercifully until I finally stepped it. He couldn't handle it. But a beautiful state for sure.

Your opinion of a whole fanbase is based on one guy you know who is a fan? Here’s to hoping all of us Tennessee fans won’t be judged on this stupid post.

Reactions: Otis1105
It is a nice stadium/facility and every seat is good. And the Arky fans do not throw things at opposing fans, IME. I went in 1997.

Reactions: OEF VOL
Why would anyone go to arky? OK a football game may be only reason.

Lol I get the Arkansas jokes but in all seriousness, northwest Arkansas and east Tennessee may be more similar than any other SEC regions. At least Tony Vitello has said the two have a lot in common.

There are a lot of sidewalk fans and being the only major team in the state (college or pro) means you get the good with the bad but the state is definitely passionate about the Hogs. The actual alumni and more educated/financially well-off portion of the fanbase is okay but you have the people in the small, rural towns throughout the state who are obnoxious. There aren't many programs who could say that they draw top 25 attendance for football, top 10-15 for basketball and top 5 for baseball but the other side of the coin is that the fans get batshit crazy on coaches or players when they lose, like FOIAing Houston Nutt's cell phone records or burning Brandon Allen's truck after a loss.

Lol I get the Arkansas jokes but in all seriousness, northwest Arkansas and east Tennessee may be more similar than any other SEC regions. At least Tony Vitello has said the two have a lot in common.

There are a lot of sidewalk fans and being the only major team in the state (college or pro) means you get the good with the bad but the state is definitely passionate about the Hogs. The actual alumni and more educated/financially well-off portion of the fanbase is okay but you have the people in the small, rural towns throughout the state who are obnoxious. There aren't many programs who could say that they draw top 25 attendance for football, top 10-15 for basketball and top 5 for baseball but the other side of the coin is that the fans get batshit crazy on coaches or players when they lose, like FOIAing Houston Nutt's cell phone records or burning Brandon Allen's truck after a loss.
Usually when a fan base calls another obnoxious it’s a compliment. Arkansas certainly does have a successful history. I’ve known several that played at Arkansas and a couple of coaches as well. They all loved it over there!

VN Store

Back