Anyone else notice this

Thanks but this has been discussed on several threads. CBJ blasted the refs for not calling anything and that first play went all the way because the Vols defense was out of position.

They were out of position BECAUSE of Bama running the TE on the field - we are lined up, then here comes #1 from Bama and our defense goes nuts pointing at him - Bama snaps the ball and we are totally on the wrong side of the field because we were re-aligning to the opposite side due to their TE #1 running over that way.

They did this all night, over and over - and eventually we adjusted to it - somehow - I have no idea how you adjust to such a thing. It is apparently not against the rules to break the huddle with 10 guys, but this needs to be addressed before this becomes PART of the game. Sad that with all Bama's advantages, that they felt they needed to cheat or bend the rules to win.

But what do you expect from Bama.

Reactions: 2 people
Bama wins in Knoxville, improves to 7-1

Maybe I'm looking at diff vid/wrong play, but From the :53 mark of the SEC network website vid (score 0-0), which is what the op says he is viewing, (it seems) we can only see the play from about .5-1 sec prior to the snap, and everyone seems set, so I can't tell how no one (including #17) noticed Cooper -- the #1 player in America -- not standing behind the TE at left hash (unless he dropped in from above). My point is: during last week's practice, D should have known exactly who (2 or more possibly) would be responsible for locating Cooper on the field at first play (since Kiffin is sneaky, and they've already scored first play of game w/ Cooper this year once recently).

My 2nd point is, WE have GO TO guys (who can catch a simple pass like that one to Cooper or Better) and we need to be calling/running plays equally as smart -- it is time to get serious, because (I see) the talent is there for us to be winning these games (and I think that's what Jalen Hurd is trying to tell us -- "just give me the ball coach").

Do you have link to the vid that shows Cooper/11th man running on to the field per op (b/c I too heard on radio it was issue, but I'm seeing it on this vid)? Thanks.

I went and back and took photographs of the whole play. I can post them if anyone would like to see them.

Thanks but this has been discussed on several threads. CBJ blasted the refs for not calling anything and that first play went all the way because the Vols defense was out of position.

Go back and look, kiffin acted as if were planned. That's why I feel they did it on purpose throughout the game. That rule will be changed this year.

Reactions: 1 person
The refs at Bama game handled the setting of the ball differently then most, these guys would place the ball and the center had to look at the Umpire until he would point at him.

What bama was doing the whole game was:

On offense: They would sub most of their groups let the defense get set>>Umpire would point at the Center (Ok the snapping of the ball) >>Then they would run another player that may not even get inside the numbers>>then snap the ball before UT Defense could adjust.

On Defense: When UT would sub, they would send theirs players in after UT offense players would start working to their positions, then before the Umpire would ok the snap they would start subbing players. The ones running off the field would barely jog off taking most of our play clock away from us.

CBJ was so pissed at the this crew I'm surprised he didn't get a flag, so you can contribute the 1st half to that issue and UT defense and offense looking for this situation.

Yeah they are not as good as they have been, so a bit of trickery help to blow the game open.

CBJ will not make excuses but all you have to do is to watch the film.

Good post right here. I'm glad you noticed too. This was/is a VERY BIG issue for anyone who understands our tempo and how we get set. It was complete manipulation by the Refs IN FAVOR of Alabama / FOR Alabama - No Doubt About. Essentially the Ref would not let us push the Gas Pedal.

Last edited:
Bama wins in Knoxville, improves to 7-1

Maybe I'm looking at diff vid/wrong play, but From the :53 mark of the SEC network website vid (score 0-0), which is what the op says he is viewing, (it seems) we can only see the play from about .5-1 sec prior to the snap, and everyone seems set, so I can't tell how no one (including #17) noticed Cooper -- the #1 player in America -- not standing behind the TE at left hash (unless he dropped in from above). My point is: during last week's practice, D should have known exactly who (2 or more possibly) would be responsible for locating Cooper on the field at first play (since Kiffin is sneaky, and they've already scored first play of game w/ Cooper this year once recently).

My 2nd point is, WE have GO TO guys (who can catch a simple pass like that one to Cooper or Better) and we need to be calling/running plays equally as smart -- it is time to get serious, because (I see) the talent is there for us to be winning these games (and I think that's what Jalen Hurd is trying to tell us -- "just give me the ball coach").

Do you have link to the vid that shows Cooper/11th man running on to the field per op (b/c I too heard on radio it was issue, but I'm seeing it on this vid)? Thanks.

Look on the right side of the formation. Originally, the setup has a trips formation to the left and no one on the right side. The extra receiver runs onto the formation on the right side. He never comes all the way into the formation and the trips to the left kind of pull your attention that way. It is probably around 6 - 7 seconds to go on the play clock. Just enough time to cause the confusion in the defense. You can tell the approximate time by the frantic hand signals the DBs are using to try and reset the defense.

Down the field.

I didn't see a clip as there were 2 key blocks but on the last play it looks like somewhat of a hold but that's not typically called in that scenario as the players are engaged.

If you go on SEC network select teams then scroll until you see the AL vs UT score then click watch replay.

How about this? The ref does not move from the ball until there are 11 players on the field for the offense and then wait 3 seconds. They are supposed to count them on every play anyway.

Leave it to Kiffin to do something underhanded to gain an advantage.

Last edited:
They were out of position BECAUSE of Bama running the TE on the field - we are lined up, then here comes #1 from Bama and our defense goes nuts pointing at him - Bama snaps the ball and we are totally on the wrong side of the field because we were re-aligning to the opposite side due to their TE #1 running over that way.

They did this all night, over and over - and eventually we adjusted to it - somehow - I have no idea how you adjust to such a thing. It is apparently not against the rules to break the huddle with 10 guys, but this needs to be addressed before this becomes PART of the game. Sad that with all Bama's advantages, that they felt they needed to cheat or bend the rules to win.

Excellant description. I thought it was a WR they ran on late, but I didn't pay that much attention.

How about this? The ref does not move from the ball until there are 11 players on the field for the offense and then wait 3 seconds. They are supposed to count them on every play anyway.

Leave it to Kiffin to do something underhanded to gain an advantage.

It's not illegal to play with 10. I get your point though. A team shouldn't have an apparent advantage by being able to run a person on the field without some sort of time to "settle" down.

Probably one of the finest adjustments I've seen from this coaching staff. CBJ was coming unglued over the lack of this being called by the officials, so instead of sitting back and letting it happen, they adjusted the defense enough to be able to pick up the late entry/departure.

I agree though, it's a pretty shady thing to do in a game that you have every advantage at almost every position on the field. I don't have a lot of faith that the league will look at this and make a change to the rules, though. Saban and 'Bama hold a lot of sway and while it's working to their advantage, they will fight tooth and nail to keep it in place. Just looks like one of those gray area rules that Saban/Kiffin have found to exploit until it turns on them eventually. Only then we'll hear about how "unfair" it is...

Stop blaming refs.....

Did you even look at the play in question? The coaches were able to compensate once they realized what was being done. It is not exactly the refs fault as it is not a defined violation. It did have a dramatic effect on the defensive backfield alignments. Please discuss the topic or don't post.

Reactions: 2 people
No one is blaming the ref's for the loss, were talking about how some "shady" things went on in the game, that got UT confused of Defense allowing the offense to score at times during the game. They slowed UT's hurry up offense down after butch complained this was going on. It was like "oh ok you want to allow the defense time to set up" then they waited until Bama's defense was set before backing away. Not blaming ref's for the loss but they sure helped the effort of BAMA.

I think Slive and his SEC buddies have been helping top SEC teams for years and all of them should be gone!

Money is the only motivation at the SEC headquarters.

Be fair and honest with all teams or get the hell out of the SEC!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back