Anyone Else Feel This Way?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
I’m extremely proud of Barnes and the players for bringing us our 2nd EE in program history. It was a successful season in my book.

However, I have no interest in watching the Final Four considering Barnes was so close to experiencing that magical moment again. He truly deserved one more Final Four and so did the players.

Too much Edey and terrible officiating got in the way of it.

This may sound like sour grapes but this loss freaking sucks.

Don’t think I can stomach watching Bama and Purdue potentially playing in the Championship game.

I feel that way every year after we get beaten, and I usually watch. I’ll watch this year to see UConn whip Purdue and Hurley to go ballistic after 5 minutes of being on the other side of the Edey whistle.
I think the year I couldn’t watch was 2007 because I was convinced (still am) we were better than all 4 of those teams. I didn’t watch the UNC final 4 game in 2000 for reasons obvious to all who remember that tournament.

Yep. Proud of this team. They did all they could with what they had. When you get 3 veterans that you depended upon entering this season disappear way too often, it really is amazing they achieved what they did. Credit to the others for making it as far as any other UT team in history. Can't imagine bama vs purdue tho. Possible, but unlikely. UConn is a beast and when they get to this point, they win the thing more often than not. Bama might get super hot and win, but I think UConn pummels the tide which gladdens my heart. NC State has had a magical run, but Edey will continue being protected. The NCAA has ordained Purdue vs UConn so it shall be. When those 2 come together, I think the zebras will be instructed to call it more evenly and UConn will cut down the nets. That's my hope. No Purdue. No bama and I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:
I might watch some of the Final, but it’s going to depend on the matchup.

Loved the Vol’s season and I’m satisfied they did all they could given the mess they were up against on Sunday.

Basketball season is over for me. Only interest I have is who we get in the portal. Not watching a bit of the Final Four. No interest in seeing Bama and absolutely no more of Lurch or that a—-hole Hurley. So glad when this weekend is over and I never have to be bothered with anymore of the Zach Edey hype and favoritism.

I’m extremely proud of Barnes and the players for bringing us our 2nd EE in program history. It was a successful season in my book.

However, I have no interest in watching the Final Four considering Barnes was so close to experiencing that magical moment again. He truly deserved one more Final Four and so did the players.

Don’t think I can stomach watching Bama and Purdue potentially playing in the Championship game.
I boycott the tournament after we're done. I don't want the advertisers to think I have any interest in the other teams.

I’ll watch. I’m not as bitter as I usually am. At least we went out to a higher seed. And even though yesterday was a total screw job, it went exactly the way I figured it would so I guess my BVS helped me to “expect the worst” and then it came true.

i REALLY want to see Purdue go down. Ideally to NC State. What I hope to see:

In a perfect world, the game is called fairly, Edey gets 2 quick fouls and NC State goes up big. Painter panics, puts Edey back in and he picks up #3 before half. NC State extends the lead, Edey gets frustrated and fouls out, the Pack cruise to a 20 point victory.

But what I expect to see:

In the real world, Burns picks up 2 quick touch fouls, Edey walks, elbows and parks himself in the lane while racking up 20+ free throws and no fouls. Purdue waltzes into the Finals.

Then it’s up to UConn to put those asshats down.

Reactions: spyfish007

I am going to watch Purdue to see what other coaches do against Eady. I was expecting Barnes to come with something different. Didn't happen.

Big time players step up in big time situations. Our offense is not consistent enough to win it all. The final four are.

I’ll watch. I’m not as bitter as I usually am. At least we went out to a higher seed. And even though yesterday was a total screw job, it went exactly the way I figured it would so I guess my BVS helped me to “expect the worst” and then it came true.

In a perfect world, the game is called fairly, Edey gets 2 quick fouls and NC State goes up big. Painter panics, puts Edey back in and he picks up #3 before half. NC State extends the lead, Edey gets frustrated and fouls out, the Pack cruise to a 20 point victory.

In the real world, Burns picks up 2 quick touch fouls, Edey walks, elbows and parks himself in the lane while racking up 20+ free throws and no fouls. Purdue waltzes into the Finals.

If Edey gets two quick fouls then expect a 911 call and paramedics on the scene.

I just have no interest in the teams or the matchups. I'd like UConn to win only because I'll never root for Alabama or Purdue and NC State has no chance. I have no use for Hurley, but I respect what he's done there and the team he has.

Bama isn’t making it to the championship game.

What's the over/under on 3 second violations on Edey? I'm guessing zero.

Reactions: Kinger
I hate UCONN because of their complete jackass of a coach for the women's team, but I find myself pulling for the UCONN men a lot. Probably because of my disdain for Duke, UK and others and I'd rather UCONN men win it all over some other teams......

We all need to be pulling for UCONN big time to destroy Bubba. Bubba got an easy path. Sure, they beat UNC, but I felt UNC was overrated. Just don't want Bubba winning anything ever and especially their morally bankrupt coach.

VN Store

Back