Anyone been to the CWS?

NighthawkVol

Thinking about going this year. Is it unwise to wait for tickets until after we know UT is in? What about hotels? Any tips?

Reactions: vol66
I went last year a few tips, finding anywhere close to stay. It’s not going to happen this late unless you want to pay $1000 a night. buy tickets once you arrive in Omaha prices dropped as they got within 30 minutes of game time. never had an issue with getting tickets, found very cheap tickets for all the games. Had an absolute blast and plan on going again this year.

I went last year a few tips, finding anywhere close to stay. It’s not going to happen this late unless you want to pay $1000 a night. buy tickets once you arrive in Omaha prices dropped as they got within 30 minutes of game time. never had an issue with getting tickets, found very cheap tickets for all the games. Had an absolute blast and plan on going again this year.
Not sure where you see 1000 night. I'm seeing 150 to 250 for choice hotels

Reactions: vol66
Went last year and had a really good time. Tickets weren’t to hard to get ahold of and were relatively affordable. Plan on going back this year if we are there.

Recommend spending some time at the fan fest next to the stadium. Lots of vendors and food. Also, check out the pedestrian bridge that crosses over the Missouri River. Its kind of fun to walk from one end to the other.
Gotta find the bar that serves the jello shots… 🤣 Rocco’s

Last edited:
I have not been since 2001.
I'm sure ticket situation is far different than in Rosenblatt.

Back then, they had a will call window for Tennessee fans to buy tickets from allotment

Hope LSU does not get in. They are the biggest fan base. Many will go even if they are not there but if they are tickets and room prices will be unbearable.
This. They come for the whole series not just the double elims or finals. One of the reasons I like to know where Tennessee is staying so we can be away from LSU.

They still have so many tickets each day at ticket window. Biggest change since 2020 is they no longer have GA tickets, everything is an assigned ticket. Along with the CWS there is always a youth tournament and American Legion tournamnets during the same time, so that takes up a lot of the hotels. Also with the suburbs getting hammered by tornados a few weeks ago the Airbnb market could be a very limited this year.

I went in 2022. Never been before so me and 4 buddies decided to go for the early and late games for the first 4 days. Got tickets asap from the NCAA website and got an Airbnb a few months earlier.
Big rookie mistake. All tickets were in the outfield sun and it was in the mid 90’s every day. Tenn not making it made it worse. Cost of tickets were about $25 per game.
Both LSU (didn’t make it) and Ark fans were everywhere and tailgating in the parking lots.
With my experience on tickets, I agree with most above. Wait until the games you want to see and buy the best you can afford, preferably under the deck along the 1st - 3rd baselines. Clear drinking containers were allowed and they had huge water stations you could get water from (no ice and not cold). Our Airbnb was a fiasco and we didn’t get the house we rented (long story) but the manager had another that had not yet been remodeled they let us use. As it worked out we stayed 5 days for free. We looked for other accommodations and none were available, or within our budget.

To add, fan fest is a blast especially for the kids. Concerts after dark for 21 and up. Go to all the games not just TN. Get tickets day of game off ticket master. Parking is easy. If it’s hot get tickets under the deck on 1st or 3rd base side. I stayed 45 min away however I prefer walking distance and will pay $600 a night if needed next time I go.

I went in 2021. I was lucky to go with a friend who had a connection with a hotel room a few blocks from the stadium. He’s a MSU alum, and it worked out that we played the first game on Sunday, and MSU played the second game. Plenty of tickets were available for both games.

We ate at a brewery the first night, and the hamburger was fantastic. Seemed like it was further into downtown. I think The Blatt bar is a great environment. It is across the street from the stadium and has an open air balcony on the 2nd (or 3rd?) floor. Really cool to see a bunch of fans from different schools mingle. Had a blast.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and vol66
I went last year for the whole tournament. I went To 90% of the games and of course all 3 UT games. It was an awesome event. One lady from Omaha, who had CWS season tickets for over 45 years, said it was the best CWS she’d ever seen. It was fun seeing the team off before each game and generally watching some great baseball and meeting fans from all over.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I stayed at a downtown hotel (used points) and walked to the stadium. Omaha is a very nice city and ver well planned Out. Feels like it was designed to host the CWS. Even bumped into Coach Dave Van Horn from Arkansas at breakfast one morning. He didn’t see too happy (they didn’t make Omaha so assume he was working the portal).

LSU fans took over the event. They love their baseball.

The Hyatt had, by far, the best points redemption. I think I paid like 8000/night ($80 equivalent) for a $200+ room. Tickets were plentiful online. The place is massive.

Reactions: Ned Land
I'm currently booked at a Hampton Inn about 20 minutes away (fully refundable - no jinxes here!) for roughly $300/night.

VN Store

Back