Any word on Croom?

Just saw this on Twitter. Looks like it was Croom's knee....

@John_BriceVQ: . @UTCoachZA: (North/Croom) been really good about staying invested. Croom ahead of schedule, very ahead, with his knee. #Vols

Reactions: 3 people
good to hear he is recuperating good

I know he has been injured a lot

but if he is healthy this year,I do hope they will call his number and throw the ball at him a lot more,he can make a huge difference with his size and speed for the YACs

the potential is there,of course the QBs haven't had much time to throw the ball to him,hopefully that will change this year

Croom can be the ultimate matchup nightmare. Put him out wide like Jimmy Graham against a corner he'll out physical him, put him inside against a Linebacker he'll out quick them. The kid is a good player and has great potential.

He should be involved in goal line situations every single time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I just hope he is able to train and condition this summer and be a full and improved 100% by Sept. My understanding is that his knee injury was gruesome. Prayers for his healing. Kids been through a lot since he arrived and he deserves some good luck and a great year.

Croom has NO chance of playing at the next level at WR. But, you watch: He might end up in the league as a TE, which is where he should have played here from the freakin' get-go. Absurd is right.
He wouldn't be the first WR to be a "one year wonder" if he were to come on strong, this year. Kevin White of WVU didn't do anything much until last year, and he's being projected by many draftnicks as the top overall WR in a deep WR class. Much of that hype is due to him shocking everyone with a 4.35/40 time. He's a big WR at 6'3" and high-points the ball very well.

Not saying that Croom will be that much sought after, but if he puts it all together this year, starts opposite of North and puts up big numbers, you never know.....but leave it up to VN know-it-all's, like yourself, to bash our own players far ahead of time, instead of waiting to see how he actually does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Man I hope our OL can block well enough for us to have some successful Deep balls this year! There's nothing more exciting than a 50 yard bomb to the end zone!

Croom has ability and size, but plays soft. Maybe he can flip a switch, but will probably finish his career at UT as a 4th or 5th option WR at best.

I thought he was playing very physical in the latter half of last season. I remember a couple of plays where he fought through defenders a few extra yards to get a first down. In the UK game there were at least 3-4 guys that he dragged an extra 3 yards to pick up the first down.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought he was playing very physical in the latter half of last season. I remember a couple of plays where he fought through defenders a few extra yards to get a first down. In the UK game there were at least 3-4 guys that he dragged an extra 3 yards to pick up the first down.
I agree. Seems like we have a large # of folks on VN that tend to chip away at Croom. We all need to recognize his 1st 2 years for whatever the reason our QB had a hard time getting the ball down field. The back half of the season we saw Croom play very well. I expect him to be a large factor in our offensive success this year.

I agree. Seems like we have a large # of folks on VN that tend to chip away at Croom. We all need to recognize his 1st 2 years for whatever the reason our QB had a hard time getting the ball down field. The back half of the season we saw Croom play very well. I expect him to be a large factor in our offensive success this year.

Yeah some people have no sense. Croom has had played perfectly well given that he is entering his junior year, has been surrounded by WR talent, and has not had a great QB. He just played his sophomore year, and was 4th in yards, tied for 2nd in Tds, and was 1st in yards per catch among all players with at least 7 receptions. He was also only 15 yards away from North for 3rd in yards.

His game is fine for a developing player entering his junior year. Give him a year with Dobbs, and a year healthy, and he could turn some heads.

Reactions: 2 people
Croom is a more athletic David Martin. NFL will find a use for his skill set. He very much reminds me of a Shannon Sharp.

VN Store

Back