Any new on Hopson or Harris?

Based on the projections in the GoVolsXtra article, both players should return and work on their games to improve their draft stock.

I also note that there is an article on ESPN.com concerning early draft entrants, and neither Vol even warranted mention in the article.

one scout said this of scotty that everyone would be wary of him said part of it was his demeanor as in he was on some and off,also said he didnt think he could guard an nba wing,and said he would not get picked in first round and probally not even the second,that he would more than likely have to come into a camp as a free agent,so he should come back ans work on his game.and the scout said harris has great upside and would probly be a middle of the first round pick ,said this draft was short on talent ,drafted as a big guy who hopefully was athletic enough to be molded into a small foward ,but i dont think tobias wants to leave tennessee and get picked 14 -20 ,so tobias would definatly benefit by coming back to ut for another year and improve and bring his ppg up from 15 to 20 to 25 and rebs 7 to 8-10 and would be first team all sec and also all american and in 2012 would be a top 5 nba pick.harris could go either way but would benifit by another year with vols,hopson unless he tears it up at a team workout will not get drafted and will have to go to europe to play professionally ,i hope scotty ans tobias comes back to ut and they have a much better year
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Anybody know what this means. Please translate for us duffusses.

Not sure what this means, (other than the obvious that he declined) and he has his own reasons - but Selby declined the NBA's first group workout on May 7 or 8 -- per Chad Ford on Twitter...

"We've just obtained the invite list to the NBA's first group workout in NJ on May 7 and 8. Players invited include ...Players confirmed at workout include Reggie Jackson, Tyler Honeycutt, Darius Morris, Tu Holloway, Corey Joseph, Isaiah Thomas, Scotty Hopson.

Players who declined workout include: Kawhi Leonard, Nolan Smith, Josh Selby, Klay Thompson, Tobias Harris, Chris Singleton, Justin Harper"

Not sure what this means, (other than the obvious that he declined) and he has his own reasons - but Selby declined the NBA's first group workout on May 7 or 8 -- per Chad Ford on Twitter...

"We've just obtained the invite list to the NBA's first group workout in NJ on May 7 and 8. Players invited include ...Players confirmed at workout include Reggie Jackson, Tyler Honeycutt, Darius Morris, Tu Holloway, Corey Joseph, Isaiah Thomas, Scotty Hopson.

Players who declined workout include: Kawhi Leonard, Nolan Smith, Josh Selby, Klay Thompson, Tobias Harris, Chris Singleton, Justin Harper"
Guys who feel they are safely in the first round often pass on the group workouts. They figure all they can do is hurt their stock. They opt for individual or small group workouts for individual teams.

Guys who feel they are safely in the first round often pass on the group workouts. They figure all they can do is hurt their stock. They opt for individual or small group workouts for individual teams.
Thanks Hat.
Figured you'd know.

Past his prime, IMO

Both players are firmly planted in the draft from what I am hearing. Martin's first year is going to be tough.

Both players are making a mistake. Harris is a 3 in the NBA, and he will eventually be a good NBA player. Hopson will set on the bench for his career.

I actually had some hope Harris would come back for another year. Hopson has basically been advised that this year might be the best chance for him to get drafted.

I just don't see how an advisor with any practical knowledge of basketball could think a year under a no-nonsense coach would be anything but beneficial to Hopson.

I just don't see how an advisor with any practical knowledge of basketball could think a year under a no-nonsense coach would be anything but beneficial to Hopson.
You seem to be operating under the assumption that Hopson wouldn't simply shut down when challenged and confirm he's a soft, mentally fragile player. That's a pretty big leap of faith.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that Hopson wouldn't simply shut down when challenged and confirm he's a soft, mentally fragile player. That's a pretty big leap of faith.

Bingo!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back