Any Dr.'s in here or maybe you played one on tv?

Yeah prozac is older and you will often see that tried first, but zoloft is certainly older than Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin introduced in 1969
FDA approval 1985

Zoloft introduced 1972
FDA approval 1991

Prozac is the devil. I know folks who have gone crazy on that stuff

Doesn't prozac have some serious side effects?

IIRC people were doing some crazy things while taking prozac a few years ago.

Yeah, but not everyone experiences them the same and they are known so the insurance companies risk can be mitigated. Newer pharmaceuticals have unknown side effects which increases their risk.

The testosterone may be helping with the anxiety as well as the actual meds.

I've wondered that. Thinking it the b-12 and vitamin d3 complimenting each other.

All I know is my mood is better. No issues with getting up in the morning and my mind seems sharper

A generic version of Wellbutrin XL has been pulled from the market for not performing as stated.

Not really pertinent to conversation.

A generic version of Wellbutrin XL has been pulled from the market for not performing as stated.

Not really pertinent to conversation.

It's funny you say that. My previous dr had me on 100mg a day of Zoloft and 300mg of xl per day. Took it for a week. I was a mean son of a gun.

My new dr said that they were fighting each other. Zoloft slows u down. Wellbutrin speeds you up
Now I'm on 200mg a day of Wellbutrin by its self and I'm great.

She seems like real deal. Doesn't just prescribe pills and send you out the door.

She visits with you about a hour and schedules a appointment to draw blood and run tests. Makes decisions then.
Best dr I've had in years.

FYI: all of the antidepressants mentioned above, with the exception of Wellbutrin, are SSRIs and have very similar side-effect profiles. Both Prozac and Zoloft (as well as other SSRIs) are available as generics, which makes them very inexpensive and not subject to influence by pharmaceutical reps. SSRIs have reasonably attractive side effect profiles when compared to many other antidepressants.

Testosterone and HRT are not in my area of expertise. However, I can suggest looking at dietary modification and possible oral supplementation for your lower vitamin levels. I take a daily vitamin liquid that includes a large dose of B12, and I swear that I feel better than I have in years.

FYI: all of the antidepressants mentioned above, with the exception of Wellbutrin, are SSRIs and have very similar side-effect profiles. Both Prozac and Zoloft (as well as other SSRIs) are available as generics, which makes them very inexpensive and not subject to influence by pharmaceutical reps. SSRIs have reasonably attractive side effect profiles when compared to many other antidepressants.

Testosterone and HRT are not in my area of expertise. However, I can suggest looking at dietary modification and possible oral supplementation for your lower vitamin levels. I take a daily vitamin liquid that includes a large dose of B12, and I swear that I feel better than I have in years.

My doctor said I could do oral supplements of the b-12 but wouldn't work as quickly as shots.

And honestly I felt it was time for me to over come my fear of needles.

As far as differing on anti-depressants I have no clue. I just know what works with me.

This is we're a patient has to have total trust in their doctor.

What is difference in testosterone and hrt?
Steroids in general. I thought the stuff I was taking was as close as to real as it gets to what body makes?

My doctor said I could do oral supplements of the b-12 but wouldn't work as quickly as shots.

And honestly I felt it was time for me to over come my fear of needles.

As far as differing on anti-depressants I have no clue. I just know what works with me.

This is we're a patient has to have total trust in their doctor.

What is difference in testosterone and hrt?
Steroids in general. I thought the stuff I was taking was as close as to real as it gets to what body makes?

Testosterone is the hormone that a man produces that makes him a man. HRT is "hormone replacement therapy" & as you get older & levels of test get lower you may be prescribed test to get those levels up to a higher level however there is nothing natural about it. It is a synthetic form of testosterone. It is an anabolic steroid. It will shut your body down in production of its own testosterone in which case you MAY experience side affects such as hair loss, testicle atrophy, gyno, etc.

It's funny you say that. My previous dr had me on 100mg a day of Zoloft and 300mg of xl per day. Took it for a week. I was a mean son of a gun.

My new dr said that they were fighting each other. Zoloft slows u down. Wellbutrin speeds you up
Now I'm on 200mg a day of Wellbutrin by its self and I'm great.

She seems like real deal. Doesn't just prescribe pills and send you out the door.

She visits with you about a hour and schedules a appointment to draw blood and run tests. Makes decisions then.
Best dr I've had in years.

Sounds like your doctor and you are doing the right things. One suggestion my doctor made regarding generics is if you are on a generic drug and it is working for you, have the doc write the Rx for the same generic company (Mylan, King,....) so that the pharmacist doesn't switch manufacturer around on you, just due to price they are getting it.

I am not a Dr but I do analyze bloodwork and prescribe meds

I would put you on Folic Acid

I would also suggest to look at the meds and sit down with your provider and discuss how you are feeling
Try setting an appointment and telling the receptionist that you have questions and ask if you can have the time slot where yearly physicals are performed normally first thing in the AM

I would also suggest that you look at WebMD and ask your questions in a forum more likely to give you an educated answer

I am not a Dr but I do analyze bloodwork and prescribe meds

I would put you on Folic Acid

I would also suggest to look at the meds and sit down with your provider and discuss how you are feeling
Try setting an appointment and telling the receptionist that you have questions and ask if you can have the time slot where yearly physicals are performed normally first thing in the AM

I would also suggest that you look at WebMD and ask your questions in a forum more likely to give you an educated answer

Folic acid? What does it do? Benefits?

I'm feeling great now since the med change over.
As far as webmd ill check them out but we have some very educated folks in here as well.

Sounds like your doctor and you are doing the right things. One suggestion my doctor made regarding generics is if you are on a generic drug and it is working for you, have the doc write the Rx for the same generic company (Mylan, King,....) so that the pharmacist doesn't switch manufacturer around on you, just due to price they are getting it.

Thanks. Ill definitely keep this is mind. One of my customers is a internist and told that there is indeed a difference between name brand and generic

Here are the reasons I use Folic acid with treatments for your bloodwork levels and for people suggested to have anxiety and depression
I think the addition of B9 with your current meds would be beneficial

Folic acid aids in tissue growth and the proper functioning of cells. It also works along with vitamin B12 and vitamin C to help the body break down, use and create new proteins, and assists in red blood cell formation and production of DNA. .

Folic acid deficiency can cause poor growth, tongue inflammation, gingivitis, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, diarrhea, irritability, forgetfulness and mental sluggishness. Also, pregnant women who are deficient in folic acid are more likely to have babies with birth defects, so it is especially important that pregnant women consume the necessary amount of folic acid. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, some studies show that 15 to 38 percent of people with depression have low folate levels in their bodies, and those with very low levels tend to be the most depressed. Folic acid also appears to protect against the development of certain cancers, particularly colon, breast, cervical, pancreatic and stomach cancer. In addition, because folic acid helps to control levels of homocysteine in the body, an amino acid in the blood that tends to be seen in greater quantities in those with heart disease, some researchers believe that folic acid may help to protect the heart.

I'm feeling great now since the med change over.
As far as webmd ill check them out but we have some very educated folks in here as well.[/QUOTE]

I heard this before, and Milo mentioned it, that anti-depressants are overly prescribed.

Outside of actual depression, what are symptoms that cause doctors to prescribe them?

What are you taking Vitamin wise? I have been looking for a good vitamin supplement but have read awful things about the most "common" brands of multivitamin.

In other words add a 5-hour energy to your regimen.

So you are saying the energy drink will provide the vitamin supplement he's talking about?

I tried one years ago before realizing I have anxiety. I thought my heart was gonna explode. I swear I could see it beating threw my shirt. Lol.
Maybe I can split one up in to two doses to keep heart rate ok. (Hell I might be ok to take whole drink at one time now.)

I heard this before, and Milo mentioned it, that anti-depressants are overly prescribed.

Outside of actual depression, what are symptoms that cause doctors to prescribe them?

anxiety is one....fear of whatever

In No way would I suggest that any of the "drinks" that promote rapid energy are good for you
I have seen too many patients with an irregular heartbeat and presentation of sypmtoms associated with a heart attack

I never have looked at those but can't imagine that could possibly be good for you?

I never have looked at those but can't imagine that could possibly be good for you?

All they are, are a huge boost of vitamins.

I think it's like 60,000 mg jolt of b vitamins.

It's a huge intake of them.

VN Store

Back